It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMHO Many People Working For The Government Follow Any Order Just To Get A Paycheck.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Orders are passed down and carried out without question. Question such orders and you will be reprimanded without explanation. This is certainly not the behaviour of a freedom loving and considerate set of leaders.

It seems to me that anyone who demands others to carry out a task without question or reason is bordering on psychopathic.

Many decent people may work for the government, but to carry out the orders of people who they do not trust themselves for a monthly paycheck is wrong on so many levels.

Forcing others to do ones dirty work using the threat of a paycheck is a covert and hidden form of tyranny people really need to understand.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Duh. Same goes with the military. People are more afraid of going hungry or not being able to support their burdensome families than they are of sacrificing honor and morality. If someone will profit by it, you will be stepped on!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Dont know where you come from, but here in the UK, it's the exact same....everyone is just trying to stay alive...

I would never Lie for my Employer. Never..... public servants on the other hand....well that's another species entirely...IMO

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

Duh. Same goes with the military. People are more afraid of going hungry or not being able to support their burdensome families than they are of sacrificing honor and morality. If someone will profit by it, you will be stepped on!

This is my point exactly. The US government corporation has gone militaristic. Only a psychopath would send others to thier death without taking the lead themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Orders are passed down and carried out without question. Question such orders and you will be reprimanded without explanation. This is certainly not the behaviour of a freedom loving and considerate set of leaders.

It seems to me that anyone who demands others to carry out a task without question or reason is bordering on psychopathic.

Many decent people may work for the government, but to carry out the orders of people who they do not trust themselves for a monthly paycheck is wrong on so many levels.

Forcing others to do ones dirty work using the threat of a paycheck is a covert and hidden form of tyranny people really need to understand.

huh? there are now whistle-blower laws where you get a reward if you can prove something illegal is being done in the federal government, as well as private business

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

huh? there are now whistle-blower laws where you get a reward if you can prove something illegal is being done in the federal government, as well as private business

When one checks the truth one finds that the current US government has targetted more whistleblowers than any other in history, as I understand it. Collaterol murder springs to mind.
edit on 31-12-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typos

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Agreed. Can anyone point out one single story of a cop refusing orders during legal protests? Just one

I'm a former marine. We followed orders. If not, the consequences could be creative and in no way tied back to your refusal. It happened to me. I gave in after 30 days.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

They should follow some orders....

Why dont we talk about specific things. Seems like your trying to rationalize something illegal that you do.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Glad to hear that you can't brainwash a conscience out of everyone, and thank you for quitting!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
Agreed. Can anyone point out one single story of a cop refusing orders during legal protests? Just one

I'm a former marine. We followed orders. If not, the consequences could be creative and in no way tied back to your refusal. It happened to me. I gave in after 30 days.

I could point in the direction of cops enjoying the process of cracking skull at many a protest...and in many cases committing Murder and walking free here in the UK.
some take great delight in putting on the armour for the day...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The government doesn't have an exclusive here. Any time you work for ANYONE else, whether it is a large corporation with written and established personnel policies, or the corner Mom & Pop convenience store, you still will follow directions. Given that your livelihood depends upon it, there is a certain incentive to do so.

If you don't like it, you can quit and start your own business. Then you can follow the orders of your customers who want what they want or they won't give you any business, and you can do what your own employees want you to do or they'll make your life hell as well.

How do you make a living? Don't you do what your employer wants?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

What sort of people would be attracted to a profession where you actually get paid to rough people up and imprison them? Just the sort of overzealous head-bashers we've got! And just like most people, they don't like spending tons of money on toys (guns and such) that they don't get to use.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I've quit jobs just because the boss spoke to me as if I were a complete cretin, so asking me to do something immoral is even more offensive. Then again, I am unencumbered by a family or dependents, or the desire to accumulate a bunch of worthless material.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

They should follow some orders....

Why dont we talk about specific things. Seems like your trying to rationalize something illegal that you do.

Following orders without question I am talking about. Those who know how to question are no longer employed because:

"Those who know how to think for themselves need no teachers".

As for me doing something illegal why would you state such an accusation? Personally I know for a fact I am far more law abiding (natural law) than any government on the planet, period.

We are entering very turbulent times stirred up by power hungry individuals who hate other fellow human beings. These people want the world for themselves and are not in any way willing to share this planet with others. This is who we are dealing with IMO.

These are the people who state "there are too many people on the planet"! And are willing to kill everyone (including freinds) so they can have it for themselves. I do not say this on a whim but only after many years of close observation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What sort of people would be attracted to a profession where you actually get paid to rough people up and imprison them? Just the sort of overzealous head-bashers we've got! And just like most people, they don't like spending tons of money on toys (guns and such) that they don't get to use.

Those with a lower than average IQ?

Hmm, as I understand it these people cant think for themselves so must be told what to do. I will let ATSMembers determine who I am speaking about

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

we need law and order......some cops are just nuts and shouldn't be near weapons whatsoever...i was in the Army for a few years and trust me, some guys in my regiment i wouldn't have let loose with a broom handle....thick doesn't even come close...some of them still wanted their Mammies at the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Most people will do what the authorities tell them to do...

watch this....

www.youtube.com...

I lost all faith in mankind when I first saw this video. There is no honor in the human species!
edit on 31-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

These are the people who state "there are too many people on the planet"! And are willing to kill everyone (including freinds) so they can have it for themselves. I do not say this on a whim but only after many years of close observation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

You're way out of line with that comment. I believe there are too many people on this planet but the only thing I've done about it is refuse to have children and encourage others to do the same. (Adoption, anyone?) I have never and would never kill any or everyone to have it for myself. Not even somebody like you who has the gall to utter such nonsense.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Most people will do what the authorities tell them to do...

watch this....

www.youtube.com...

Frightening isnt it, people who cannot think for themselves but require others to do it for them. This is a sign of a failed systematic educational system. I should add, I saw this on tv recently.

edit on 31-12-2012 by TheMindWar because: Add comment

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What we need is individual morality and fatalistic devotion to honor. Ever hear of the Bushido code? I would gladly take my own life before committing the types of atrocities being alluded to in this thread, like say "collateral damage," which usually means the deaths of civilians that didn't want any part in the moronic war games.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join