It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013, The Year Of No Fear.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Bare with me, pressed wrong button.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

Hello ATS, posters and lurkers. It has been apparent to me that ATS has improved a great deal since December 21st, 2012. I think special thanks is owed to Springer for this lovely turn out of events. The world didn't end and we haven't spent the next two weeks bitching about it. 21/12/12 seemed to have seperated the wheat from the chaff.

I've also noticed people around me seem a lot more relaxed too. I was actually very surprised by the amount of people that talked about the impending doom who I would never have thought would pay attention to such things.

The thing that surprised me even more was that NONE of these regular people dismissed it as nonsense. Almost everyone I have spoken to about it said ''what if?''.

Now, in light of this, I would like to say how excited I am about 2013. After several years of expecting WWIII, I'm starting to look at a bigger picture. I feel we are in a new age but not anything like what is peddled on youtube.

Diclaimer: I don't usually create opinion based threads on ATS but my mind was active and I wanted to share some thoughts. If they are incoherent, forgive me, I do not know what I do over the festive season.

If you bothered to read this, thank you for your time.

ETA: I don't think I really made my point, lol. My entire point was, how many of you feel pleased about 2013 rolling on as usual and more to the point, how many people in the world can just chill a little more now that date has been and gone.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Bare with me, pressed wrong button.

too late!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I know, I had an itchy trigger finger.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
me too and ur welcome i read ur post and im excited to about 2013 too

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I share your thoughts on this maybe all the hype was in essence a way to relax us all the world didn't end and now people are starting to think meh to everything who knows this may be a new age in a way......

then again could be the calm before the storm

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I also didn´t expect the people around me to pay attention to this whole issue and I wondered like you.
Then I remembered being on ATS regular and reading these things since 3 months. You forget that people who never heard of it online were bombarded since months with the whole 2012 topic via TV, radio, newspaper and other internet sources.

However, many people I talked to said things like "it cannot stay the way it is" and such statements. Maybe (not all) many people "woke up" and saw thru the fog of real life.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

how many of you feel pleased about 2013 rolling on as usual and more to the point, how many people in the world can just chill a little more now that date has been and gone.

Serious ?

1) Christians getting massacred in Egypt, Syria and Nigeria.
2) NATO forces setting up bases around Syria with a few Patriot missiles pointing towards Iran for fun.
3) North and South Korea getting ready for a nuclear conflict.
4) Rumours of China getting ready to attack Japan.
5) Oh and China to one day take back Taiwan after British control left in 1997.

If only the world elite and banksters could chill and perhaps freeze to death in Moscow's icy winter.

Now that would be very good news.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You forget that people who never heard of it online were bombarded since months with the whole 2012 topic via TV, radio, newspaper and other internet sources.
reply to post by StareDad

I didn't, I was fully aware of that but I agree with all the other points you made.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I starred you because I completely relate to what you're saying.
The world is still a very messed up place. What I want to concentrate on right now though, is how we Westerners, with our internet connections and our conspiracy theories are going to move on from the impending doom date and I know that so many of us thought ''what if?''.

The world is in a bad place but we can move on and improve ourselves.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

how many of you feel pleased about 2013 rolling on as usual and more to the point, how many people in the world can just chill a little more now that date has been and gone.

Serious ?

1) Christians getting massacred in Egypt, Syria and Nigeria.
2) NATO forces setting up bases around Syria with a few Patriot missiles pointing towards Iran for fun.
3) North and South Korea getting ready for a nuclear conflict.
4) Rumours of China getting ready to attack Japan.
5) Oh and China to one day take back Taiwan after British control left in 1997.

If only the world elite and banksters could chill and perhaps freeze to death in Moscow's icy winter.

Now that would be very good news.

that isn't scary, it's behind the ocean... nothing that can fall of the sky on somebody's head, right?

chill and see your own walls, that's all people do
[sarcasm off]

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

According to the Mayan prophecy, we are entering a period of transition between the fourth and fifth suns. This "fifth sun" is reportedly a new era of humanity that will bring a new type of consciousness and a shift of awareness. However, the transition period is supposed to be full of strife and chaos.

That said, I know what you are saying. The problem is that most people actually live their lives through a lens of fear. Until all people decide to let go of their fear, there will always be anxiety and war and hate and hurt.

All you can do is let go of your own fears. So, for 2013, be who you have always been afraid to be, see where that takes you.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

That's exactly what I intend to do my friend. Thank you for the reply and have a great 2013.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hopefully 2013 is the year where people finally learn to stop believing in those who bring false prophecies, and false hope...

2000 came, 2012 came, cults are formed and people suicide,

But the world doesn't end...

Saviors are predicted to come save us from humanity's own mess made on Earth,

But they never show up...

Do they ever learn? No.

They continue to stick with false hope beyond all reasoning...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

2000 never really concerned me. They were saying that all the worlds computers might go haywire, I didn't have a computer at the time so I didn't really give a toss.

It was only after I bought myself a PC in 2003 that I started reading weird stuff on the internet. You know, going down the rabbit hole etc. We've all been there and some of us evolved earlier than others in our thinking.

I remember saying to my ex-GF that I would consider having children after 2012, just in case.

Isn't it daft that the date made such an impression on my otherwise rational mind...

eta: Hope 2013 brings much happiness and enlightenment to you and yours.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

A new age? How about we just leave that in the past with 2012...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yea, I know what you mean. If you focus too much on it, you may start thinking "what if?".

It gets annoying after a while all of the false hope and false word-ending predictions all for the sake of "excitement".

I hope this fake 2012 world ending thing woke people up and now 2013 will be a year of no fear like you say.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No fear happens when you stay with what is happening. What's wrong with right now....unless you think about it?
Going into the mindmade stage of make believe is where the fear lies. Anything can happen in the 'world of what is not happening' and that's what makes it so exciting. You can dream all the drama you like there.
But when you have had enough drama and enough fear you can come out and see what's really happening, here and now.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It is now again! Best name on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Crummy for bad guys, I hope.

In 2013, I foresee more chaos and upheaval, caused in large part by misunderstanding, intolerance, and that growing separation that can be seen as the previous millennium's final death throes (just as the first few decades following the year 1000 were full of turmoil).

Mankind as a whole has many flaws, but it also has great potential, and that potential is released at an increasing pace too, like everything else. Transitions take time, and the longer the cycle, the longer the transition. It seems clear though, that over the last several decades, starting perhaps after WWII, as we are making the shift from a thousand years dominated by the 1 to a thousand years with the 2 taking over, our metamorphosis is like a powerful spiraling energy changing direction; chaos and turbulence for a time, until we settle on our new direction -- toward peace, as it sneaks up on us one person at a time, one heart at a time.

...if one subscribes to numerology?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I don't subscribe to numerology but I found your post interesting none the less. Thanks for posting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join