It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales SKYROCKET! Unprecedented demand.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Gun sales always skyrocket after a mass murder because people are afraid that gun sales will be restricted. Mass murders are good for gun manufacturers. Since this is a conspiracy theory site, I will state the obvious conclusion: the firearms industry stages these supposedly "random" killings to drive their business. Any objections?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by gladtobehere

Fear is a powerful thing eh?

Living in fear is not freedom, freedom is not feeling the need to own a gun or words on a piece of paper.

Freedom is not needing either of those.

Thank you. I don't get these people. Paranoid delusional freak-outs do not equate to freedom.

So sad and pathetic they are.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't ever think why people think owning a gun = freedom. America is far from freedom with or without guns.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just out of interest, what's the most powerful gun or weapon are you allowed? Could one buy an RPG for example or some land mines? a Gatling gun?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
gatling guns arent an automatic weapon, you need to turn the crank manually...

they are allowed, although not common lol...

I know ive seen the ruger 10/22 gatling gun, with (2) 10/22 rifles attached to it...

No we cant have rocket launchers, atleast as far as I know... I wouldnt want one anyways...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Just out of interest, what's the most powerful gun or weapon are you allowed? Could one buy an RPG for example or some land mines? a Gatling gun?

You'll have to be more specific. What is "powerful?"

Given your question an RPG and a Gatling gun are two very different things.

You can buy a grenade launcher and grenades though each grenade requires a $200 tax over purchase cost an an FBI background check which takes about 6 months.

Title II specifically mentions rockets so my guess is that yes you could buy an RPG.
edit on 29-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Buy all the guns you want, then a ban is ordered and you can all turn them in (3 month period) and no pay...
I've seen it happen here in belgium with hunting rifles...
Then a few months later several high ranking officers are caught keeping the finest ones for themself

Go figure

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
The demand for firearms right now is just insane! I have witnessed AR15 rifles that were selling a few weeks ago for $700 now selling for $2000+. Accessories such as PMAG's and Beta C mags have tripled in price and sometimes even more. The thing that just amazes me is that people are willing to pay these crazy prices.

Places like gunbroker which have bids for rifles and pistols; I agree the prices are insane yet people are still buying. The gun stores around here to include Academy are sold out of anything close to an AR platform. Have to wonder if all the government shenanigans will turn everyone's personal defense/hunting weapons into some kind of paper weight or make them criminals because they (by actions or lack there of) decide to disregard Washington?

Getting ready to move overseas so after the first of the year everything I own will be sold; I can not import or export weapons to my new residence. Very restrictive gun laws there yet even they allow pistols and rifles for certain local nationals; just not many places to shoot except at a few military ranges..... everything is very expensive compared to stateside prices.

Some (the rich) have illegal full auto AKs but like any government they do not want the locals having arms that could be a problem for the government if there is an insurrection...I love my wife and she plans on us having something at the farm even though we know everyone in our village of approx 100 souls; community watch must have been developed there?..I am to old to go toe to toe with a sword anymore but if I had to I would give it my best thrust...better to die fighting than going peacefully to a gas chamber or expose your neck to a B.G. expecting mercy IMO. But that is just me...

I absolutely do not want to live in a border state with nothing but a paper weight to defend my family and the hacienda. Disarm the border states and I give it 5 to 10 years before many places will be like Mexico with drug cartels running the show. They can buy or intimidate just about anything or anyone they want. Sorry but that is the way it is. Cartel dude says, "you do this me and we will give you money; if you decide not to do what we say it will get very painful for you and you family..now be a good boy and take the job.....no pain and much gain or we will cut very important pieces of your...get the picture"?

The Gulf Cartel runs this area of the border and are more into "leave us alone and we will leave you alone". A few years ago the Zetas were in charge and created anarchy on both sides of the red river with plain old terror, death, and mayhem. Probably not as bad as many believed but the paper and news constantly reported cross border shootings, hangings and dismemberment's got several people's attention especially the ranchers. This sounds like some wild west movie to many big city dwellers, but our crime rate is actually very low simple because when a B.G. tries something around here he/they are usually met with armed resistance form different alphabet agencies (who carry both on and off the job) and the high percentage of CHL holders who live here. Much more civilized than say Chicago who bans guns yet has broken the "500 people shot this year" for a new all time record.

Someone will come along now and say see all those people would be alive today if there were no guns..EXCUSE ME...The law says no guns in Chicago already; law breakers are exactly that, they break laws. So, I can only assume they have made the decision where you can take your law and shove it....

A friend of mine conducts classes for concealed carry and has done a 'booming' business both for his school, gun range, and rifle/pistol sales. AKs that were $350 mid year are over $700 now and ARs are sold out. Even 2 months ago NCIS checks were breaking records but this last few weeks they have basically crashed and are unable to to answer the phone much-less do the back ground checks; conspiracy? A five minute call has taken over 5 hours to get through if what I have read or heard is true. I hope the prices hold until mine are sold...Greed is not all bad and my stuff is not junk to me.

Yes makes one wonder why all the rush to buy, no?.......I do think 2013 will be an interesting year for many...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

An RPB would be a Destructive Device (DD) and so would the "rockets" (title II of the National Firearms Act and would have to be transferred thru a Class III dealer that also has a SOT for DDs).

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I live in a small, rural pretty economically challenged area of Missouri.

People here are either really well off having inherited land and machines (actually they are land rich and money poor mostly) or dirt ass poor with neither a pot nor a window of their own. Not many people have the $1200.00 bucks to buy an AR.

Two gun stores I know off in the county are out of all (the admittedly few) AR and AK platform style weapons they had to include all the .22 look alikes. The owner of one store said he has paid orders stacked up which will take weeks if not months to fill. I can't find a box of .223/5.56 anywhere at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, a gun store or even the gas stations that carry ammo around here.

People are worried they are about to bent over and (metaphorically speaking about freedoms) raped by the federal government right along with the constitution.

Reminds me of the part in the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in which the psychopathic killer remarks in his evil guy monologue - "Why don't people ever trust their instincts, when you sense something is wrong or some person is bad - they ignore their instincts for fear of being impolite?" (I doubt i have it verbatim but the point is made.)

We all sense something is up, wrong with the nation and as evidenced by the recent election and the return of the incumbents and the status-quo (both R and D respectively) the majority is ignoring the signs and portents...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
These before and after photos are happening all over the country:

before and after

Frenzy photos

It's a combination of people fearing a ban and retailers holding stock until the last minute to get the highest markup they can.

Oh... Why couldn't a few of us have thought to open a gun store? That man right there probably made his whole year's income in a matter of a week or two.

Even in a bad economy, some people find themselves in the middle of good fortune. It's a shame why it had to come though. Sheesh... I could just kick myself for selling an AR-15 last year for $600. Damn... If I'd waited I could probably add a 1 to the left side and have had no problem getting it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
the fear of not being able to buy guns is the best marketing ever and probably what was intended.

don't be fooled.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It makes me laugh. All the anti-gunners opened their mouths and literally pushed millions of rounds of ammo and hundreds of thousands of guns and high capacity mags off the shelves in one week. Whoops lol

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Went to a gunshow today in fort worth. DPMS ARs are usually 800.00 selling for 1600.00 Pmags selling for 50 bucks. ..couldn't believe it. Went home, grabbed to ARs I had built and sold them both for 1200.00 a piece. I ended up buying the Kimber 1911 I always wanted.

I asked a couple of guys how they could justify paying that much for an AR when prices would probably go back down in a week. They said they used this as an excuse with their wives, who other wise wouldn't have let them buy one. As in "see, prices are double now and they might stop selling them! I'm going to buy one now while I can."
edit on 29-12-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's pretty much how all the stores in my area look at the moment. Within the past week, Ive been to Bass Pro, Academy, and my local shooting range. They're all out of every AR/AR related rifle. At Academy, there were 20 people in line waiting to fill out the 4473 form, while these usually only 2 or 3 people there. Bass Pro was packed, and in addition to their ARs completely gone, about 2/3rds of their handguns were gone to. The local range usually has a wall packed with AR's and AK's, but the wall is completely bare.

Ive also checked Walmart and Dicks in my area for .223 ammo, and they are completely sold out. Nowhere has .223 anymore.

Ive also checked on places like gunbroker and other internet sites, and they are slammed. I was looking at an Olympic Arms AR on gunbroker, and the seller had a 20 week waiting time.....wow

As for prices rising, it definantly is happening. It's not just the guns either.

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

Yes you're seeing that right. Their "low price" is one hundred bucks for something that was only $20 a year ago....
edit on 29-12-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Outstanding!

Just like generators in the year 2000, there's gonna be some GREAT gun deals this summer!!! Just thinking of those garage sales has my mouth watering. And unlike the people buying them now, the gov will have no idea I bought them. Win- Win!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If you have not bought a gun at this point in time next week I bet they will all be gone. I called around today in the S.E. WI I found 4 AR-15s in stock.
3 of them being crappy carbon bushmasters.

This truly is unbelievable and even gun stores in small towns are sold out. Look at the prices on gun broker.
If they do ban guns with the way the world is today it will be very interesting to say the least. Get the popcorn out it going to be a bumpy ride.

EPIC............... is a understatement.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
I don't ever think why people think owning a gun = freedom. America is far from freedom with or without guns.

So clueless.
Oh, you are from London I see, that figures.

You deserve your London hell-hole. Please stay there, you wouldnt understand anything else.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This was a Drug lords stash.
I dont think he cares about laws.
I believe in personal choice right along with individual responsibility. Our laws against drugs & Guns aren't working and no amount of manpower is going to stop the natural demand people have for getting their "kicks."

The criminal underworld operates very much on the basis of free enterprise.

This regulatory burden is indeed a penalty of sorts for being a law-abiding citizen.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Went to a gunshow today in fort worth.

I was thinking about going to that one, but my work schedule didnt really work out. (Im in the Denton area). Last one I went to was in Lewisville last month. At that one, this was the first time there was a line waiting to get in. Of the ones Ive been to in the past in the area, there was never a line. I'll be going to the one in Lewisville again at the end of next month and Im guessing it will get worse and worse.

Were you able to see the prices of any Olympic Arms AR's or the price of some WASR 10's by any chance? (or some SKS's to?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join