It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Sinkhole Grows - Time-Lapse and Update

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The sinkhole in Louisiana is continuing to grow and according to one internet blogger, Dutchsinse, it is turning into a "worst-case scenario" - make what you will of that. He claims the recent increase in water around the area signifies the salt-dome is collapsing.

Nonetheless, I took the time to put together a timelapse image to show the growth of the sinkhole, which i will update as time goes by. It spans 15 October - 27 December 2012.

Seems to be getting bigger and the surrounding areas are now becoming submerged beneath water which is rising (apparently).

For those unfamiliar, here is a quick onfo pahe on the sinkhole - The Bayou Corne Sinkhole: A massive oil and gas disaster you’ve probably never heard of

Anyone have any other news or updates?
edit on 28-12-2012 by srsen because: _

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nice post. That thing just keeps growing and I still never see any news about it. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse. But we all know it will. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks mate.

I'm trying to get Dutchsinse to contribute to the thread. He may know what will unfold should the whole salt dome beneath the area fully collpase.

I'm hoping someone in the know will come on here though and explain what exactly the worst-case scenario involves and also what the most-likely outcome will be (fear-mongering aside).

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Does anyone have a better line into the Federal Courts for case status and actual documents than the pay services for transcripts?

A federal lawsuit with a number of residents started it's long journey awhile back and they had all the right people they could get to know what this is really all about. I caught the filing and summary on a Court news site that is dedicated to tracking court filings and such. I haven't heard where that went...but I'll bet transcripts of whatever has been heard thus far could be informative ...give the lack of info we're starting from out here, eh?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Has there been a lot of rain?
Could that explain the increased volume of water?

If not then it does look like the whole area is sinking!!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I resized it for easier viewing.

Welcome to your new toxic lake.
No mysteries here other than man's greed for money.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Katrina, BP oilspill, Lousiana Sinkhole...
All connecetd?
Possibly closer ties than we think...?

www.youtube.com...
This conspiracy Theory episode is a good place to start....but taking the plot further into the current
situation, this Sinkhole....could be another ploy, in the depopulation of the gulf coast conspiracy.
That began with the blown levey in New Orleans....
What i wonder kind of disaster can they pull off?
The butane stores not too far away from the sinkhole may be part of that plan as well...or i could imagine the Radio active waste they have stored up in those brine caverns cold cause an a large evacuation scenario ...... The sinkhole may be the new lever to pry the people out of louisiana.....

edit on 29-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
They all look the same to me honestly

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

From a different thread the worst case scenario would be this thing could possibly blow with the force of 100 Hiroshima bombs,

www.examiner.com...

If ignited, the butane well would release as much explosive energy as 100 Hiroshima bombs, Deborah Dupré's scientist sources told her Sunday.

edit on 29-12-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
From a different thread the worst case scenario would be this thing could possibly blow with the force of 100 Hiroshima bombs,

www.examiner.com...

If ignited, the butane well would release as much explosive energy as 100 Hiroshima bombs, Deborah Dupré's scientist sources told her Sunday.

edit on 29-12-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

Oh dear. They certainly wouldnt be ablr to hide that on the evening news...... Though honestly, worst case scenarios almost never happen so we shouldnt see that eventuate.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Nope. It's probably the result of Fracking nearby, which may have pushed water out of a local aquifer and into the sinkhole. It would definately be interesting to see if someone has ever done tests on the water to see if there are traces of petroleum distillates, which is what they use for hydraulic Fracking (the process of pumping a toxic mixture of petroleum distillates under enormous pressure into underground shale deposits, which cracks the shale, releasing natural gas, which then travels back up to the surface.)
edit on 29/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
it amazes me how this is not what is making the news. This is a serious concern, that next to no one knows about. Instead, we need daily updates on freaking fiscal cliff bs that is going nowhere...have you heard the recent? The president is begging for a solution...begging! I didn't know the leader of the free world had to beg to get a spending and tax policy down!
This on the other hand, is a catastrophe that can rival the likes of a nuclear plant meltdown...but mums the word...# this country, i'm losing all faith...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

Dude! Lol!

This type of post is sadly underrated here. Luckily I had just put my mug of tea down, otherwise I'd have had an expensive repair trip to pcworld.

----

I don't know why they aren't "sciencing" the hell out of this sinkhole. What is the advantage to TPTB in keeping a lid on this?
edit on 29-12-2012 by merkins because: Additional sentence

Updated: seems they are.
edit on 29-12-2012 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

There seems a plethora of information out there on this, not sure why one needs to turn to the youtube moron Dutchsinse for information?

There are daily updates posted on these two websites:

www.deq.louisiana.gov...
dnr.louisiana.gov...

And here's a recent public briefing paper (PDF):

dnr.louisiana.gov...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
They all look the same to me honestly

Me too.

-and man, I can't believe how many people are actually starring and supporting the snarky rude comment you got!
So now ATS approves of that....???

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
looks like recently there's been a big jump..

how has rainfall been in this region over that time period, and more recently?
edit on 29-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There is another thread that has been watching this disaster almost from the beginning with regular updates. One of the contributors to the thread has set up a U S government petition for people to sign requesting that the government take immediate action on this problem.

[snip]

This thread is the best source on ATS for information about the sinkhole.
edit on 29/12/2012 by ArMaP because: No petitions allowed, paragraph 15e of the Terms and Conditions of Use.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Water levels raise and lower through out the year.
As already stated it does not look any bigger to me.Most of the pics are taken at different magnification so of course it is going to look bigger when you have the cam zoom in on it lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
[snip]
-and man, I can't believe how many people are actually starring and supporting the snarky rude comment you got!
So now ATS approves of that....???

No, we certainly do not:

****NOTICE****

When we joined ATS, all of us agreed to this site's Terms and Conditions of Use.

In the T&Cs it states: 16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

This means that if you disagree with another member's posted opinion, by all means go ahead and challenge it. But attack the opinion, not the member!

Civility and decorum are key to the way ATS operates. It is quite possible to have very strong discussions and disputes over opinion without resorting to bullying, harassment or threats, extreme sarcasm and snide remarks, or any other personal attacks.

If you see any member being personally attacked, please use the "alert" feature for the offending post so that staff can deal with it as soon as possible.

About 10% of our membership are under 18. Let's set them a good example.

Thank you.

~Mike
Forum Moderator
edit on 29/12/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join