It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World on threshold of currency wars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Anonymous has access to leveraged futures on the FOREX.
Dollar index is ending the year near the 79 support level where it was back in January.

futures.tradingcharts.com...

Really no way to be sure what the "fiscal cliff" issues will do to the US dollar strength in the coming year.
The automatic tax increases and government spending cuts might strengthen the dollar in the short term, but each new stage of amendments to reverse the draconian Bush measures would have the reverse affect.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
good read but the Yen needs to get stronger for the exporters....it goes by seasons and a little known bank policy is the reason for this rise back to where it was before the 2008 collapse...
I 'm making a killin'
edit on 25-12-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

I've finally figured out what your user name means.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: I always thought it was Great British Pounds but I didn't understand the /JPY...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just bring the Yen up. Throw the pound a bit down. Up the dollar a bit. Maintain the Euro.

Then go for a world currency and please end this "mine is bigger than yours" crap. Can we evolve a bit... just for a change? Would it be so hard?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I would not be surprised to see parity between the USD and the Euro first....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
First off the Japanese are in some dire straights. Their economy has been in the dump for over a decade, their population is rapidly aging and their birthrate is small (they sell more adult diapers then baby ones) which will limit any potential growth. Because their currency has been low they have been able to keep their exports high and their manufacturing has stayed intact, but with the troubles in the USA this is taking a hit.

The idea of waking up and China owning the world is faulty as well, in my opinion. Their economy is purely driven on currency manipulation and phony GDP growth. They have cities that are empty and con its citizens into buying into it as a sound investment. They have been reckless in their spending, signing countless agreements but then never paying. So what happens when the US dollar tanks - there goes its #1 buyer, there goes countless millions of jobs. Wonder what happens to its middle class who have tasted the good life? Yes, they have been buying gold and other natural resources around the globe - they can see the writing on the wall, but will they be able to hold onto it when the globe gets shaken when the fake economy crumbles?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You know something occurred to me here, and bear in mind, I'm no financial kind of guy beyond my own finances, but ....... The American Greenback dollar has been used in oil trading for the majority of the time since the Middle East oil fields were developed. That worked well on the world stage, and had some benefits for the US exclusively. But now that recent news articles have led most Americans to believe that we (US) are leading in the recovery and sale of oil worldwide, it gives me pause as to how the Dollar Standard will fare in the near future. We used it somewhat as a leash in the middle east to contain their monetary system. All trading was dollars. Now what....? While it's true that China holds a vast amount of our national debt, what can they do short of occupying their assets? That is come here to the US and set up business.
I see the China debt thing as a no win as long as they deflate their currency in the market. Subsidizing their currency is simply loosing capitol any way you cut it, how long until that becomes unsustainable?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Im sorry, what makes you think giving more and more power to fewer people will make the world better? Creating a one world currancy is the worst idea they can come up with!

Yes the USA is the world reserve currency, it has earned it through war, not saying that’s a good thing but it’s a fact. It will only lose its reserve currency with war.

The history of reserve currencys are lost and won through wars. I would not be so open armed about the future and loss of the USA reserved currency.
edit on 26-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by spangledbanner

So who appointed you to talk down to the USA??

He said it first, but I agree as well, and I imagine quite a lot more Americans.
Spangledbanner, perhaps you would be more content and happier living offshore...... I hear the Seychelles are allowing American expats.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As Max Keiser has been saying for years now, it's a race towards the bottom to see who comes out on top. Very bizarre game being played right now. I don't think the US's position is nearly as weak as many here believe. I think we're willing to damage ourselves in order to kill off our weaker enemies. A notion I've been toying with.
edit on 26-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
He doesn't specify where he is from but I suspect it is Canada. Either way, America is hardly the only country at fault for the economic disasters that have hit many countries. It has been a collaborative effort of the banking industry. I would submit on purpose.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

The whole 'quantitative easing' lunacy is an act of sheer and utter panic and desperation. QE is making things much worse, not better. Now even Americas 'friends' are turning their backs on America.

Our paper misers are hoping people won't panic (until its too late) and then it won't matter any more. The rest of the world is already preparing for the eventual demise of the dollar as it is only backed with ink. They are planning ahead.

Americans know where their intrinsic wealth and tangible "ass" is. The aren't fooled by the borrowing ad infinitum. They are planning to throw us over a cliff though.

"We're so sorry, no matter how hard we tried we just could not help but impose austerity measures like the EU here too."

What about the Euro, it isn't backed by anything either. In fact if you look at the amount of currency outstanding and the amount of alleged gold reserves between the Euro and the Dollar, the Dollar is actually stronger.

o what if you compare all that gold in the Eurozone to how much currency is floating around? 10,792.8 metric tons of gold is worth about €315 billion at today’s prices. The European Central Bank publishes “M1,” which includes all the paper bills and coins in circulation and all overnight deposits at the European Central Bank. M1 as of November 2010 (the latest report) was €4,683.5 B meaning that their currency is only 6.7% backed by gold. By the same calculation, the U.S. dollar is 17.8% “backed” by gold—making the dollar look downright solid in comparison to the euro

Euro vs Dollar gold reserves!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was linked to this thread as being relevant to a DHS Insider thread I just posted. There is mention of Gold, currency and a possible early start date..........

It sounds very related. Here is the link to the ATS "DHS Insider 26-Dec-2012" thread

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry, what makes you think giving more and more power to fewer people will make the world better? Creating a one world currancy is the worst idea they can come up with!

Yes the USA is the world reserve currency, it has earned it through war, not saying that’s a good thing but it’s a fact. It will only lose its reserve currency with war.

The history of reserve currencys are lost and won through wars. I would not be so open armed about the future and loss of the USA reserved currency.

Are you saying if the rest of the world were to dump the US dollar and start trading in other currencies the US would wage a war on the world? Otherwise I don't see the need for a war to replace the US$'s reserve currency status.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I am happy for a new Global Currency to be created as long as America does not control it.

i'm sorry say what??? Why would you think this is a good idea?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Thanks for the reply. You know it better than I. From your link:

According to the U.S. Treasury, the United States has 8133.5 tons of gold, which is a lot of gold if you can believe the Treasury.

If you can believe any of them anymore. I don't.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Even as a "not always proud" American, I was offended by some of the verbiage in your post. You may recall that we saved the world from totalatarian regimes, especially Europe, a couple of times, at least, in the past 100 years. That is worth some measure of respect.

That said, I do think the US economy is on a dangerous slope, and I can foresee a coming depression, and perhaps decades of economic uncertainty.

However, just know, that if the US economy tanks, it will take every other nation with it. It is that big and powerful. So, don't revel in us economic misery. It is unkind, and you will likely suffer just as much in your national home, wherever that is.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just another thread as always giving the left right paradigm. America and its currency has not been in the hands of its leaders since 1913. Thus the Federal Reserve and its bankers also are the same board members on-or related to Central Banks. Thus you have "bankers" creating this havoc, and using America to do it. Then walla, once they used and depleted America just like they have in the EU, then a one world currency will insue. Until that time however, (call a spade a spade) as Bankers created this mess, and no one else, as no American or her leader, has had the audacity since 1913, to control its monetary system.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Its all a shell game anyway.

All of the central banks are owned by the Rothschilds. They print the money out of thin air (regardless of the country) and their pawns in government declare it as "legal tender".

The first nation to issue a currency redeemable in gold (such as Libya), is the winner or well, the loser.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I hate to tell ya but whoever holds the reserve status will be exactly the same. Old boss same as the new boss. Wake up the whole system is set up to fail and be rebuilt and fail again.

The only way out is to get rid of central banks and reserve currencies. They have us by the you know whats and to tell you the truth nothing we do will change this simple fact. We are screwed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
good read but the Yen needs to get stronger for the exporters....it goes by seasons and a little known bank policy is the reason for this rise back to where it was before the 2008 collapse...
I 'm making a killin'
edit on 25-12-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

I've finally figured out what your user name means.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: I always thought it was Great British Pounds but I didn't understand the /JPY...

To de-leverage all currencies hedged to a de-leverager (JPY) to a ratio that makes the RMB the best looking girl?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join