It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I thought Israel controls America?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

I heard about this today:

Dig finds evidence of another Bethlehem

I'm not sure how valid the finds are, but these guys claim that Bethlehem is actually 100 miles north of the current spot.

He adds there is evidence the other Bethlehem in the West Bank, or what Israelis call Judea, was not even inhabited in the first century.

edit on 26-12-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
To those who think I chose the title to create controversy really need to understand that I used the title that was provided by the source article. Some of you are just not capable of having civil conversation on certain subjects due to your preconceived notions.

My post history does have some controversy behind it to those who are afraid of the truth but this was not intended to be a controversial thread as I clearly highlighted the positivity in the gathering that happened in Bethlehem:

And I still don't see what the big deal is, Bethlehem is in Palestine so the thread title is correct regardless of your opinion.

Anyways ...

"Boxing Day Cheer From Canada, Birthplace of Me"

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What is clear is that the moderators of this forum are absolutely pro Palestine.

It is noticeable that when ever someone makes a thread which remotely in Palestine's favor ,it gets the most attention and the moderators keep it in the homepage for days.But should someone make a pro Israel thread,it gets ignored as it does not gets the required attention in the front page or else it gets moved to another forum.

I have noticed this several times and I continue to do so.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
What is clear is that the moderators of this forum are absolutely pro Palestine.

It is noticeable that when ever someone makes a thread which remotely in Palestine's favor ,it gets the most attention and the moderators keep it in the homepage for days.But should someone make a pro Israel thread,it gets ignored as it does not gets the required attention in the front page or else it gets moved to another forum.

This is a pro-positivity thread on Christmas day, anything that sheds good light on the Palestinian people disturbs you? There were people from many countries who visited this event, from various religions.

As for a thread making it's way to the front page, I believe it is due to the flags it receives, which means ATS members choose which threads go on the front page, not the moderators.

Your whole theory is baseless and flawed with lack of logic.

And as for why pro-Israel threads are not making the front pages, that's probably due to the actions of the Israeli government. Not many people are very happy with Israel lately if you haven't noticed.

Thanks for the off topic derailment though

And yes, I admit my guilt by taking your bait.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Israel...you might as well just say USA because that's exactly what it is. American government permanently placed in the middle east. They just say it's Israel because they don't want to claim it and look bad.
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Ever since the pathetic Dancing Israelis incident for one, it is clear things are the other way round.

Anyway, the birthplace of a man who never existed can be where ever people like.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My statement was for the mods.But since you are here .Lets get started.

This is a pro-positivity thread on Christmas day, anything that sheds good light on the Palestinian people disturbs you? There were people from many countries who visited this event, from various religions.

Anything that sheds good light on the Palestine .......... does not disturb me. My statement referred to something else and you are trying to take it to a "Israel vs Palestine" road.
Also I did not say anything about people from which country and religion visited the event.I do not understand what it has to do with my statement either.

As for a thread making it's way to the front page, I believe it is due to the flags it receives, which means ATS members choose which threads go on the front page, not the moderators.

Thread's making it to the front page has to do with the mods allowing them to get to the front page.It has nothing to do with flags.Flags however matter in the 'Most Flagged' section.

Your whole theory is baseless and flawed with lack of logic.

You do not seem to be the moderator here. So your saying that my theory is "baseless and flawed with lack of logic" is baseless and flawed with lack of logic.

And as for why pro-Israel threads are not making the front pages, that's probably due to the actions of the Israeli government. Not many people are very happy with Israel lately if you haven't noticed.

Hmm.Not many people are happy with the action of HAMAS either if you haven't noticed.

Thanks for the off topic derailment though.

I believe the mod gets to decide that.

And yes, I admit my guilt by taking your bait.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

My statement was for the mods.But since you are here .Lets get started.

Well, this is an open discussion board and is actually my thread so I had every right to comment and point out your inaccurate statements.

Ok, let's get started.

Anything that sheds good light on the Palestine .......... does not disturb me. My statement referred to something else and you are trying to take it to a "Israel vs Palestine" road.
Also I did not say anything about people from which country and religion visited the event.I do not understand what it has to do with my statement either.

I clearly stated on page two that this is not an Israel vs Palestine thread as some members, such as yourself, have tried to turn it into..

You did imply that this was a pro-Palestine thread so I simply pointed out that it was not only Palestinians who attended therefore this is a pro-positivity thread which discusses people from all over the world celebrating what they consider to be a good cause in a peaceful manner.

Don't make incorrect statements and expect not to be shown your error.

I hope that helps you understand.

Thread's making it to the front page has to do with the mods allowing them to get to the front page.It has nothing to do with flags.Flags however matter in the 'Most Flagged' section.

I believe that you are incorrect, the flag system and the amount of replies a thread gets is what puts it on the front page. Where is the proof for your baseless claim?

Perhaps you can U2U a mod and find out the official reason how threads make it to the front page and share your findings with the rest of us?

You do not seem to be the moderator here. So your saying that my theory is "baseless and flawed with lack of logic" is baseless and flawed with lack of logic.

It does not take a moderator make factual observations. My comment was as a member, in response to your baseless claims that lacked logic. I was unaware that only moderators were allowed to post their opinions on post content...thanks for the clarification

Hmm.Not many people are happy with the action of HAMAS either if you haven't noticed.

Yes I have noticed actually, but that is not the topic of this thread, I only mentioned the Israeli government in response to your attempt at off topic derailment, which once again I admit I should have just ignored your post as it contributed nothing to the thread, and now I am participating in your game which makes me equally as guilty as you, but since it's my thread I feel that it's my responsibility to "take out the trash" so to speak. You catch my drift?

I believe the mod gets to decide that.

Perhaps you should follow your own advise, are you a mod?

Thanks.

You are very welcome, I thoroughly enjoyed pointing out your errors

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well, this is an open discussion board and is actually my thread so I had every right to comment and point out your inaccurate statements.

I never said that you do not have the right to comment .
All I said is that the statement was for the mod.

Ok, let's get started.

Absolutely.

I clearly stated on page two that this is not an Israel vs Palestine thread as some members, such as yourself, have tried to turn it into..

You took this to a Israel vs Palestine road when you said "anything that sheds good light on the Palestinian people disturbs you?"
And then you are blaming me now.

You did imply that this was a pro-Palestine thread so I simply pointed out that it was not only Palestinians who attended therefore this is a pro-positivity thread which discusses people from all over the world celebrating what they consider to be a good cause in a peaceful manner.

Yup I did imply that it was a pro Palestine thread and it is. "People from all over the world being involved" in it
does not change this fact.

Don't make incorrect statements and expect not to be shown your error.

LOL

I believe that you are incorrect, the flag system and the amount of replies a thread gets is what puts it on the front page. Where is the proof for your baseless claim? Perhaps you can U2U a mod and find out the official reason how threads make it to the front page and share your findings with the rest of us?

I believe you are incorrect.Mods have the power to select which thread will be in the front page and they also have the power to delete and move a thread.Where is the proof of your baseless claim that they dont?
Perhaps YOU can U2U a mod and find out the official reason how threads make it to the front page and share your findings with the rest of us?

It does not take a moderator make factual observations. My comment was as a member, in response to your baseless claims that lacked logic. I was unaware that only moderators were allowed to post their opinions on post content...thanks for the clarification

It does not take a moderator make factual observations but it does take a moderator to tell us how a thread gets more importance than the others.I believe that the mods have a better understanding of this site than you.So YOUR comment's were baseless and lacked logic.
Oh and yes of course moderators were allowed to post.

Yes I have noticed actually, but that is not the topic of this thread, I only mentioned the Israeli government in response to your attempt at off topic derailment, which once again I admit I should have just ignored your post as it contributed nothing to the thread, and now I am participating in your game which makes me equally as guilty as you, but since it's my thread I feel that it's my responsibility to "take out the trash" so to speak. You catch my drift?

Well I am glad you noticed the action's of HAMAS as you say. I know that this is not the topic of this thread.But you yourself started this when you said "that's probably due to the actions of the Israeli government. Not many people are very happy with Israel lately if you haven't noticed."

BTW thanks for agreeing that you should have ignored the post as it was not for you but for the mods.

Perhaps you should follow your own advise, are you a mod?

Well you made this statement : "Thanks for the off topic derailment though."
So I said that the mod gets to decide if it was off topic or not and take the necessary actions.

Oh and of course I am not the mod as I am asking a question to the mod in my original post in case you haven't noticed.

You are very welcome, I thoroughly enjoyed pointing out your errors

I enjoyed pointing out yours too.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why does the op call the land Palestine? Offensive considering there has never been a Palestine with a government / rule of law / etc.. Do you know history?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well thats just a load of BS.. There are plenty of threads that are Pro-Israel, you just have to look for them.

So what are you saying? ATS is anti-semetic or something? I don't see the big deal. If you want Pro-Israel threads (even though this has nothing to do with being pro-palestinian), go find them and stop whinging.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Why does the op call the land Palestine? Offensive considering there has never been a Palestine with a government / rule of law / etc.. Do you know history?

Offensive? You need to go find a hobby if that offends you. Modern day Bethlehem is in the West Bank and as most know, the West Bank is Palestinian territory. Is that to hard to understand?
edit on 26-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Well thats just a load of BS.. There are plenty of threads that are Pro-Israel, you just have to look for them.

Well that was what I noticed and that was for the mods.So your unwanted statement "is a load of BS"

So what are you saying? ATS is anti-semetic or something? I don't see the big deal. If you want Pro-Israel threads (even though this has nothing to do with being pro-palestinian), go find them and stop whinging.

I am not saying that ATS is anti-semetic. But if it is ,it is a big deal.It does not matter what you see..
I do not want pro Israel thread's but I also don't want Pro palestine thread's for that matter.
And BTW who on earth are you to tell me where to go and find things?
I am not whinging but it sure does seem that you are.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Offensive? You need to go find a hobby if that offends you. Modern day Bethlehem is in the West Bank and as most know, the West Bank is Palestinian territory. Is that to hard to understand?

That's fine just don't try and pull political brainwashing comments like that. It's not Palestine..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It's not Palestine..

What is it then?

link   

Well that was what I noticed and that was for the mods.So your unwanted statement "is a load of BS"

Why don't you go make a thread and find out what the issue is? There is a forum for this type of crap without taking up pages in this thread.

I am not saying that ATS is anti-semetic. But if it is ,it is a big deal.It does not matter what you see..
I do not want pro Israel thread's but I also don't want Pro palestine thread's for that matter.
And BTW who on earth are you to tell me where to go and find things?
I am not whinging but it sure does seem that you are.

I don't care what you do, This thread is not Pro-Palestinian to start with, it is showing some Christmas Spirit in the West Bank. If you have an issue with that then I guess your just a grinch. We should be happy that people who have been through much worse than we ever will can celebrate Christmas with out being blown up or bombed.

link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Canaan, Israel, Palestine, West Bank, it really doesn't matter. Today its the West Bank, in 100 years maybe it will be Netanyahu, but Bethlehem is in the West Bank for now and Israel don't seem to worried about it.

But, it does matter. They built that wall around Bethlehem because theyre looking for their Messiah, but they don't pay heed to their own Talmud and book of Daniel, who says he would come before the second temple was destroyed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Bethlehem (Aramaic for House of Laham, the Canaanitic God of Sustenance)

Bethlehem is Hebrew/Aramaic for 'Beit Lechem' meaning house of Bread. There is no canaanite god of sustenance called Laham.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That's fine just don't try and pull political brainwashing comments like that. It's not Palestine..

Hey, I see comments like yours and laugh.. This isn't a big deal. Palestinians control the West bank and if they really wanted, they could call it Palestine. The name is irrelevant and I find it funny people will pick up on one controversial word in the title and forget about what the thread is actually about.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Why don't you go make a thread and find out what the issue is? There is a forum for this type of crap without taking up pages in this thread.

Firstly it is my choice where I want to post.
Secondly who are you to tell me where I should go and make a thread.
Thirdly this is not your personal site.So your statements does not matter neither does your opinion.

I don't care what you do, This thread is not Pro-Palestinian to start with, it is showing some Christmas Spirit in the West Bank. If you have an issue with that then I guess your just a grinch. We should be happy that people who have been through much worse than we ever will can celebrate Christmas with out being blown up or bombed.

I am glad that people like you do not care about me.
And this is a pro Palestine thread.It does not matter what you believe.
Clearly,you are the one who is a grinch.
Your last statement is rediculous as those very people are the one who are bombing their neighbour.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join