It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Video Games Are Good

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm a gamer and have always been one. I've always enjoyed games and when I was younger, I used it as a crutch to avoid problems in my life. I engulfed myself into rpgs and what not... Not so much a great idea. But as I grew I learned that real life is much more important... and interesting. I love to learn and be productive just as much as I enjoy sitting down and playing my favorite game. Whether it be a FPS or RPG, there is nothing like it... The competitiveness and skill you develop makes me want to get better and spend an excessive amount of time on it. Anyway... I grew up with Mario, Zelda, metroid... All games I really get nostalgic for... They in part shaped my childhood and honestly besides not giving a crap when I was younger have been a great stress relief and has helped me a lot in many aspects. From making friends to getting faster reaction time. I also would like to note that i've picked up words and improved my grammar a bit from games like Elder scrolls. And as many people as I've shot or "pwned" virtually... I still can't bring myself to be evil in video games
I feel bad for the characters!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Also think its made me faster at most things I do, for instance being more productive at work. It might seem a bit odd.... but I really do believe that. Honestly... i don't think this violence stems from video games. Its the culture we live in and the things people learn as they grow up. TV is especially bad for setting # in kids heads... Just constant barrage of sex and violence made out to be "cool". There are some games like this as well, but honestly we can't do much about it. I remember playing GTA for the 1st time as a kid with my neighborhood kids. Never once thought about hurting someone the way they did or whatever. ITS A GAME and they are PORTAYED to be cool and as long as you know this you have no problems... What it boils down to is being responsible for yourself and for people to raise their kids better. I grew up in public schools and some of these kids are pretty #ed in the head... Usually grow out of it for the most part, but this "badass" mentality will not go, its set in adults heads and kids will pick it up. Games or not... tv or not. If anything imo... games have prevented more violence than them causing it. If you kill kittens as a kid.. its not video games... You're kid has a problem

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
just think what these idiots are saying in the 23rd century when holodecks replace all entertainment

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join