It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pteradactyl hits plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
im fairly sure this is photoshopped or like a movie prop, but maybe someone can shed some light on it
s02.imagehost.org.../0576/bird.jpg

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I remember seeing that a couple of years ago. It was a normal bird...big, but nothing out of the ordinary. The closeup of it's feet make it look bigger than it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nice pictures! Nothing out of the ordinary. Looks to me like either a wild turkey or a golden eagle had a very very bad day.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is a lot of damage for a bird, but it does happen.

LL1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Now if a bird has done this to a hollow wing, we can only imagine
what the walls of the Pentagon has done...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Now if a bird has done this to a hollow wing, we can only imagine
what the walls of the Pentagon has done...

They would probably leave the bird pretty flat

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, that's one way to adjust your alieron trim.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It looks like a condor, I'm actually peraty shure it is one, couldn't find any good pics. Any bird experts arround here?

[edit on 25-10-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
has to be something from the norm, they could just take a blood sample to determine what bird it was, i'm pretty sure about that. sucks about the plane though, that's a pretty little penny to fix.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Can't see much, but from its feet, I think it's a wading bird. It isn't a perching bird and it isn't a predator (feet and toes are wrong for that.)

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
At first glance I thought it was a huge chicken. Probably not too far from the truth then if everyone else is on the right lines.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
www.gruntdoc.com...
Here's a site with a little more information, but it doesn't tell what kind of bird it was.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
pteradactyl?

who the hell would think that is a pteradactyl? you have to have been smoking some whacky tabaccy and just watched Jurassic Park 3 to think that!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

you have to have been smoking some whacky tabaccy and just watched Jurassic Park 3 to think that!

Yeah, It can't be a pterodactyl, It has feathers...and if you going to tell me that "DINOSAURS HAD FEATHERS!"...I'll point something else out, a pterodactyl's jaw structure indicated a marine diet, so it most likely had webbed feet. The scene in JP3 with the pterodactyl hunting the humans is not accurate... I loved JP1 & 2...It lead me into Paleontology...but 3 was just inexcusably poor, in all aspects.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Of course it isnt a prehistoric creature, however after i read the post and saw the photos, i noticed the Black(what seems to be rubber or tar paper) substance around the rip into the wing. Although anyone with a brain knows that pteredacltes are extinct..one might see this rubber or paper substance and assume it is a wing of a non feathered creature.

Great pic none-theless, poor bird(and it would suck to be the owner of the plane too)

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluecollar

Great pic none-theless, poor bird(and it would suck to be the owner of the plane too)

It might have been nice to see a pic of the bird after it was pulled out of the plane to see what it was. I find it strange that there isn't actually.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think I've solved the mystery based on the size and coloring and feet:

Black vulture. Those suckers can do a LOT of damage to a plane when you hit one of them. Here's a picture of one of them:
www.photohome.com...

Here's a pic of a white vulture with the feet showing (notice the funky toe lengths like in the airplane picture) :
www.northrup.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well I guess this case is closed as there is no evidence for us to think that this was a prehistoric flying reptile.

Have a nice day

new topics

top topics

join