It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATS.. Fess-Up.. Who is Secretly Crapping Their Pants about 21/12/12???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The worlds not gonna end on the 21st. If it was, then whats the point in taking shelter?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diggz
The worlds not gonna end on the 21st. If it was, then whats the point in taking shelter?

My Union Jack umberella can... According to cold war propaganda.. Open it up.. Instant nuclear bunker/end of the word shelter...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Bring it on, is all I can say. I'm really looking forward to it...

Obviously this isn't going to happen, but I'm afraid for all the people out there that think it's a dead cert', and take it to far and do something stupid, such as suicide / murder etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cropper
Bring it on, is all I can say. I'm really looking forward to it...

Obviously this isn't going to happen, but I'm afraid for all the people out there that think it's a dead cert', and take it to far and do something stupid, such as suicide / murder etc.

Me too mate... There is a very high risk of that I fear..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Im pretty sure there will be mass suicides. I just hope they don´t try to take non believers with them.

I hope they leave behind some cool stuff. I could use a nice big new (or "lightly used") flatscreen TV.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm not even the tiniest bit concerned. Why people think the Mayan are magical prophets boggles my mind. They couldn't predict their own demise, and yet people think they somehow could accurately predict an event this far in their future? Not that they even MADE a prophecy - they didn't.

Even if they had drawn a stone carving of a huge asteroid hurtling to earth with the number 2012 over it, I'd not be worried. What other predictions have the Mayan people made that has so solidified people's thinking, that they feel a calendar ending this year is a certain portent of doom? Or even "awakening" or anything else?

I'm supremely unconcerned - other than it's a long weekend, which is pretty cool. I am not worried because I have the ability to reason and use common sense. There was a reason to be a million times more worried about YK2 - it at least had merit behind the thinking - and nothing happened.

I will be around here though - it will be amusing to watch people flip out at every blip of light in the sky, every rumble of a passing train, or freak out completely because of a 4.2 earthquake in California.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary that might cause some kind of panic but I'm a little worried that something could be triggered and possibly blamed on the hype of it, with all the people shaken up about the day it'd be perfect to slip a little disaster and highly believably blamed on the people for the 21st doomsday expectancy.. but I check everyday for anything that might trigger this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wasn't until yesterday. I live in central Kentucky. It was 61 degrees, raining, hailing. I get to my house after work and the hail and unrelentless rain and arrive to clear blue skies and 4...count them 4...double rainbows. One is rare. What is 4???

It was all over the news and were sighted everywhere yesterday around the area.

I just dont know what to make of it. Look to the right of the picture and you will see smaller thumbnails of the double rainbows spotted all over the area.

Double Rainbow pics

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
That's my point - every little thing that is out of the ordinary people are going to freak out about.

You think double rainbow are that rare - they may not be nearly as rare as you think. But every double rainbow, flash in the sky, earthquake from 2.0 to 7, storm, tornado, tropical storm, fire or weird sound is going to be attributed to the world ending, a phase shift, or some such other silly thing. It's a huge world. Stuff happens every single day.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
new age..new time...

not the end of the world

for the 1 trillionth time now............................

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I'm crapping my pants that it won't happen. I took out a 100 grand loan 2 weeks ago, headbutted my boss and set fire to a police station!!

I'm royally screwed if we don't all die.

so you're going with the same plan as our federal government and elected officials then?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I literally haven't even given it a thought in a few days. I've been focused solely on Sandy Hook.

And as of now, I still don't see myself giving it much thought in the days to come.

Although I am looking forward to Christmas vacation!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
to be honest, if such a thing is going to happen in a couple days, you would imagine we would be getting quite a bit of upheavel already, its not like something such as *the world just suddenly stopped spinning* would be a reasonably scientific situation...

for the most part its just mass hysteria and thought building. you get enough people to believe something occurs, and they will be subject to beliving possibilities and connections more.

i personally will be sitting in my room, trying to avoid the hot australian weather and doing my usual thing.
the only time id consider running anywhere would be if something physically started to occur... whats that ? an earthquake ? in a place that never has earthquakes. okay yep, lets go for a drive..

i think for the most part its a money build exercise and an excuse to imploy various plans governments have in place... i know some of our radio stations are holding *end of the world* parties... money making of course... otherwise it would be free drinks all round.

the only people who really care are religious fanatics, ATSérs and other conspiracy officiandos... and perhaps anyone who really does know what is going to happen.

we have more chance of getting hit by a car, than for a world war, giant meteor, aliens, world stop spinning, or any of the numerous events people came up with.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
How does one Cratatp their pants?

No. Peace and love.

Well, it starts out and what you think is gas. Then as you realize you were wrong your sphincter spasms as it tries to close.

If the world goes to pot Friday I'm just going to relax and let er flow though...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
lol... im not going to lie i really do hope something happen for the best of mankind in that day or in the near future but I just know nothing i'll happen and who claims something i'll happen didn't do their homework.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm old.

I poop my pants if I sneeze too hard.

21/12/12?

*meh*

Gotta star..oops
All praise the bunny, let his fluffiness be true...
Whether the avatar stays or not, Major.
I figured since last Saturday and that Borgia Beef
sandwich that might have even given me listeria on
top of the rest of the health stuff, who cares.
I'm the last one you'll see show up at the local suburban
Wealth and Hellness Center. Dyslexia's a bihct.
In seriousness, it looks like nobody around here is in a
position to deflect monstrous unheavenly bodies, shield us from
big fat solar signal flares, or any of the metaphysical negative
mojo we earned on this stinkin' ball o' mud over even the last
few decades. I yearn for a place where veggies grow without
tampering, and beef with eyeballs and no tumor starter.
Well maybe forget the latter, I DO still listen to a lot of Slipknot.
Let 'er come I say.. and if she's angry it figures.
And I'm proud and grateful to say whatever leftover of DF is going
to get chewed up in the cataclysm has been heavily utilized anyway.
I might miss you more than Bert Lahr AND Ray Bolger put together.
How old am I NOW? Finally, you know you're up there when it's simultaneously
solid, liquid and gas. It's why body armor's designed for senior staff outgoing too.
huah. expecting furry blurry fist for abbreviated benediction

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Can I come? I'm pretty handy with a guitar. Always need entertainment right? I grew up fishing, hunting, camping and raising animals so that could help as well. Don't make any country cliche jokes though, or I won't share my beer. I keep a handy supply for just such occasions.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Only the insane, paranoid and easily led.

Fact really. Prove me wrong on the 22nd..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451
reply to post by EvanB

I dont know about ATS but it seems some very well educated, well to do people IN THE KNOW are buying tickets to Turkey
edit on 18-12-2012 by racer451 because: grammar

Probably a misunderstanding through gossip with this piece of information.

Most likely started as "well to do people buying turkey's" with it being xmas soon etc.

edit on 18-12-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well it may sound strange but my family has a plan but more as a precaution in case some nut jobs pull pranks and send things into temporary chaos but we all know where the others will be on that day (we are all older children)
But like I said its more in case of idiots than anything else.
edit on 12/18/2012 by geocom because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join