It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instagram [Facebook] says it now has the right to sell your photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Grimpachi quote: "If they do something I do not like I will simply delete my account as it is I do not put anything on there that would bother me if others could see.

I have been tracking Facebook since its inception - along with other well know internet companies such as Wikipedia, YouTube, GMail, Yahoo!, MySpace, eBay, and Google, and especially PayPal. There are more than what is on this small list, but these are the big ones that have the most power and control. These companies, including FB are represented by a highly secretive and shadowy entity known to many as 'Zionism,' and they are now involved in bringing these separate companies into one great Zionist controlled entity. Infiltration in the form of deceit - - - the object of which is to control the free flow of information and monies (including tax revenues) over the entire internet. Mark Zukerberg has long been selling your personal information (in secret) to various government agencies who in turn been giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people everywhere and at anytime. Some of these so-called 'private' white-hat security firms are working directly for a number of authoritarian governments throughout the world.

To make it clear - Facebook is a fully owned asset of governmental 'secret services,' such as the CIA, FBI, and the NSA. They funded Facebook with over 300 million dollars early on by means of the CIA operated venture capital fund InQtel. They declare right up-front on the InQtel website that they fund companies for security purposes of the Department of Homeland Security. Digital Sky Ventures, an Isreali MOSSAD Zionist front also funded them in the amount of several hundred million dollars. Mark Zuckerberg takes his marching orders from them and provides for them a young face for a very dark and sinister machine.

Everything you do there stays on there regardless of your 'privacy' settings, and deleting your account is impossible, even if you “delete” your account, all your personal info stays with them and can be recovered at any time. Changing the privacy settings to make your Facebook account more private is a deceitful delusion. Facebook knows more about you than your family. Many users wrongly assume that Facebook’s contact sync is only designed to sync pictures, but during the process they are also syncing your entire address book and the rest of your private information. Users are not alerted to these pernicious and illegal process(s) that it is doing quietly behind the scenes.

They snoop into people’s phones and copy data through usage from smart-phones, iPhone Facebook app, and people’s numbers and their entire contact’s list is transferred through its syncing feature. The “Contact Sync” feature synchronizes your Facebook profile photos with that of your own from your iPhone or smart-phone. It also copies unrelated names and numbers from your phone and uploads them to your profile for everyone to see.

When asked if this activity is legal - what is their defense? Here is an official quote from Facebook's Mark Zukerberg: and every word of it is a lie."Generally, unlike other major Internet companies, we have no interest in tracking people. We don’t have an ad network and we don’t sell people’s information. As we state in our help center:, “We do not share or sell the information we see when you visit a website with a Facebook social plugin to third parties and we do not use it to deliver ads to you.”

Does anyone here believe one single word of this?

edit on 18-12-2012 by SanDomenico because: spell checking etc

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm wondering about the legality of that premise. I understand that they can change their service so that when you upload you give up the rights. However I doubt they can do the same with images that were already uploaded. That just stinks in terms of (c) laws and contract laws. I'd like to see an expert opinion on that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SanDomenico

I think you fail to understand FB is a corporation and no one is forced to use it. If you do not want certain information to be shared do not use it. The Zionist conspiracy stuff you talked about I don’t buy into and it really does not matter. Really who cares FB is a tool you can use it or not. If you do not agree with the terms build your own website FB type of program. FB is not a right it is not the post office it is a company. Simply do not post information you are not comfortable haring with others. Use your Email and stop being so D#$n paranoid about everything.

It seems like some people forgot what life was like before computers it is kind of pathetic IMHO. Cell phones computers are not necessities in life.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have no concept of why people need Facebook or Twitter (spelling?) for that matter.

Major security risk with both of the above.

Same thing for joining Google, can someone here explain to me why it is so necessary?

Regards, Iwinder

S&F
edit on 18-12-2012 by Iwinder because: I forgot my manners, added S&F for an excellent post and heads up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And then comes the backpedal...

Update, December 18 at 2:50 p.m. PT: Instagram has backed down, as we report in this CNET article posted a few minutes ago. Instagram says it will "remove" the language that caused a user revolt over the last day.

How could they have possibly foreseen the backlash?

edit on 18-12-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
I have no concept of why people need Facebook or Twitter (spelling?) for that matter.
Same thing for joining Google, can someone here explain to me why it is so necessary?
Regards, Iwinder S&F

How Many Facebook Users Are There?
There are 651,835,100 million active users on facebook.There are over 900 million objects (pages groups events and community pages).There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.

Wordpress has recently been absorbed into Facebook.

Zarniwoop - thanks for the informative post.
edit on 18-12-2012 by SanDomenico because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanDomenico

Originally posted by Iwinder
Regards, Iwinder S&F

How Many Facebook Users Are There?
There are 651,835,100 million active users on facebook.There are over 900 million objects (pages groups events and community pages).There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.

Wordpress has recently been absorbed into Facebook.

edit on 18-12-2012 by SanDomenico because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the numbers and breakdown, two questions what does the above mean and second is do you use any of the above applications?

Star for the information.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

simple solution is ©Maxrockerfella2012
copyright ya info!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Copyright is automatic. You dont need any (c)'s or registrations for it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOpsCopyright is automatic. You dont need any (c)'s or registrations for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by maxrockerfellareply to post by Maxmars

simple solution is ©Maxrockerfella2012 copyright ya info!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Partially true.............FB trumps all right to copyright protection - automatic or otherwise.

10 Big Myths about copyright explained

An attempt to answer common myths about copyright seen on the net and cover issues related to copyright and USENET/Internet publication.- by Brad Templeton

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

To save you some reading, Instagram now says that users are the sole owners of their photos, and that there are “no plans” to use these photos in third-party ads. What they meant, or so they say, is that they plan on offering users the ability to promote their photos and accounts in order to get more followers. The new “Terms of Service” will be published soon, where the confusing language will be changed and/or removed. All this is happening only days after Instagram chose to remove support for Twitter timeline.

Poor marketing guys... they forgot lots of their users actually keep abreast of their 'plans within plans'

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Guess it's time to remove all the FB photos we might have up, because you just know those will be next!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join