It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

See I have a conspiracy theory on why you wont respond to what I said, I would like to make a post about but I wont, Its possible its for fear of being ridiculed and labeled as a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill

See I have a conspiracy theory on why you wont respond to what I said, I would like to make a post about but I wont, Its possible its for fear of being ridiculed and labeled as a conspiracy theorist.

Few things.

1. Nothing wrong with being a conspiracy theorist. Never have said that. Never will.

2. Nothing wrong with further investigating the Sandy Hook shootings. Never said it. Never will.

3. ATS expected more than a map in a movie as grounds for an entire theory ONLY BASED on that. Sure its one piece. But to form a whole theory on that isnt enough. Build on it. Expound from it. And then there is something. But 20 something threads all based on the sketchy scarce coincidences is not a theory.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

At least its something viable. I find it incredible that some people with just a google search know more than the investigators of the story. They know more than the members with actual family members involved in the shootings.

I have to say that I knew before the TV media (thanks to twitter and facebook) that Ryan Lanza wasn't the one who did the shooting. I looked at the TV news and they were still showing Ryan Lanza's picture and saying he was responsible. I call a few friends to tell them what I have uncovered and they said I was very much mistaken, I told them "ok" wait until this evening you WILL see the name change. How did I know this? I was on his Facebook page and twitter account as soon as the news broke, he was asking friends for help and explaining that he was at work. AND dead men don't twitter or write on a Facebook they have had for years...
Also I am not buying into the Dark Knight Rises thing however if you search "Dark Knight Rises Viral Campaign map" and look at the very large and clear scans of the map, it does clearly say Sandy Hook also note the date of when the map was posted because this proves the map came out a year ago and were not planted there recently. Again I am just pointing this out and believe it's of coincidence perhaps.
This map was Posted: December 15th, 2011 at 12:26 pm
Map

edit on 18-12-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Dude! what part don't you get about NOT controlling others? If you think that it is not worth reading or discussing fine!!! DON'T READ IT OR COMMENT!!! JUST DISMISS IT!!! The world isn't about weather you accept or aprove of it. If you think it is bogus, wich you already stated, why isn't that enough for you? There are alot of CT's here that are extremely laughable, but as you claim, it is lunacy, and if you have the intellect to distiguish the difference, then why not just personally dismiss it? That's all I'm asking? Your op title is "A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings" wich is clearly trying to supress other peoples thoughts, opinions and idea's, wich clearly is censorship!!! Alot of CT's that have been proven to be true started out as a mere coincidence or suspition without any hard proof! Should they have been dismissed right off just because someone thought there was no difinitive proof at the time? If that's the case, not one CT wold have ever be proven true!!! I don't understand your comment about back in the day on ATS it wasn't like this! BS!!! I have been a regular visitor of this site many years before you were a member, and the stuff your ranting about went on then too!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

oh now what did you get yourself into over here?? lol
I have decided not to open anymore nonsense about "the dark knight rises" why? you know why.. lol. I could make a conspiracy thread about the title of the movie.. I mean that alone screams 3 days of darkness right? (dark night rises) hahahahahaha.
Honestly i'm just avoiding them like I do the UFOlogist and etc.. and we know it will calm down eventually.

it's like forrest gump's mama always said.. stupid is as stupid does. I"m hoping if the majority ignore them they will quit making the same threads lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinist47

Dude! what part don't you get about NOT controlling others? If you think that it is not worth reading or discussing fine!!! DON'T READ IT OR COMMENT!!! JUST DISMISS IT!!! The world isn't about weather you accept or aprove of it. If you think it is bogus, wich you already stated, why isn't that enough for you? There are alot of CT's here that are extremely laughable, but as you claim, it is lunacy, and if you have the intellect to distiguish the difference, then why not just personally dismiss it? That's all I'm asking? Your op title is "A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings" wich is clearly trying to supress other peoples thoughts, opinions and idea's, wich clearly is censorship!!! Alot of CT's that have been proven to be true started out as a mere coincidence or suspition without any hard proof! Should they have been dismissed right off just because someone thought there was no difinitive proof at the time? If that's the case, not one CT wold have ever be proven true!!! I don't understand your comment about back in the day on ATS it wasn't like this! BS!!! I have been a regular visitor of this site many years before you were a member, and the stuff your ranting about went on then too!!!

Dude! It is not about controlling people, but rather trying to cutdown on all the hysterical Newton conspiracy noise that is swamping the site, making it hard for any more interesting and FACTUAL stories to get any traction. This has been the problem for sometime here, but incidents like this shooting and all the inane, if not psychotic, theories that spawn threads exacerbates this problem BIG TIME.

Seriously, ATS needs to divide into two separate websites or split content between the realms of the absurd and the possible. I understand the various threads are meant to fulfill this need, but it breaks down on the home, new topics and top topics pages, making hard to find interesting stories that aren't just about the latest crackpot theory.

What would be really nice would be a feature to weight member's flags and stars, and that each person's home, top and new topics pages would be individualized to account for these weightings, so one could dispense with wading through the garbage. Let's say rate any member's "validity/credibility index" from 2 to 0, with 1 being the default, neutral weighting.

This should make everybody except the attention seekers happy. Sensible, reasonable people won't see the absurd posts, so they won't bother to respond to them and rain on the wackadoodles' parades. And if conspiracy nuts and UFO true believers want to weight downwards skeptics' and critical thinkers' flags, that's fine too, as then the two sides will be able to reside in the same website but not notice the other. I think this would be the most effective way to improve manners and decorum throughout the site.

Certainly one could argue that this would tend to make polarized echo chambers in different sections of each forum, but I haven't seen many examples of an extremist on one side being swayed by an extremist on the other.

Another possibility would be to filter or weight forums, so that the top-flagged articles tend not to -- or to, as the case may be -- show up in the home, top and new pages. Either solution would help to mitigate the "noise" problem here at ATS.

Obviously, for non-members and fairly new members these proposed changes wouldn't help, but it would certainly make life nicer for the the regulars.
edit on 19-12-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I like your idea's .. I'm not sure how they could be implemented but something really should be done to weed out the noise... I remember the first few times I was directed to this site for something and reading the headlines and thinking everyone here was a whackadoodle.. it's wasn't until I hit payload with past threads that I really stuck around to get involved in conversations.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I agree that there is alot of noise on this site!!! I also agree that there are alot of threads that get star and flagged that any reasonable or logical person with any common sense would profoundly shake their head as they role their eyes at! I see them all the time!!! The bottom line is, that the majority of them can be dismissed by the title alone and the rest don't take much longer than that. I just don't see any need to try and banish people or their voice just because someone doesn't agree on someones theory or idea they are trying to get people to take a look at! The person that started a thread about the Batman/Sandy Hook link did just what this forum is supposed to be for!!! I did not see him make any claim that there was any evidence or proof of anything!!! His actual title was "Sandy Hook reference in Batman Movie" Then in the opening thread paragragh stated "Strange coincidence?" In my opinion, it is a very strange coincidence!!! Poeple should be pointing things such as this out! I agree that people that go on and continue in the thread and try to make more of it without solid links or evidence are not doing it justice!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinist47

I agree that there is alot of noise on this site!!! I also agree that there are alot of threads that get star and flagged that any reasonable or logical person with any common sense would profoundly shake their head as they role their eyes at! I see them all the time!!! The bottom line is, that the majority of them can be dismissed by the title alone and the rest don't take much longer than that. I just don't see any need to try and banish people or their voice just because someone doesn't agree on someones theory or idea they are trying to get people to take a look at! The person that started a thread about the Batman/Sandy Hook link did just what this forum is supposed to be for!!! I did not see him make any claim that there was any evidence or proof of anything!!! His actual title was "Sandy Hook reference in Batman Movie" Then in the opening thread paragragh stated "Strange coincidence?" In my opinion, it is a very strange coincidence!!! Poeple should be pointing things such as this out! I agree that people that go on and continue in the thread and try to make more of it without solid links or evidence are not doing it justice!

My suggestion is not to banish or censor anyone, but rather to continue to let everyone speak (write) his/her own mind, but for each member to also tailor what will be the most prominent stories on his/her/its own Home, New Topics and Top Topics pages, in order to cut down on the noise so that one can more easily see the more interesting new or top articles to him/her. The weighting of other members' credibility in giving a rating to their flags is just for your benefit; it won't affect the "flag/star" power for any other member or guest.

For example there is currently some thread claiming the Newton shooting was a Mossad operation, and it has 50+ flags (!!!) as of this comment. This post will be sitting around on top for a little while. However, if you create a new post on an interesting and valid topic, but it isn't very sensationalistic, i.e. it doesn't cater to the fringe masses here, it quickly falls out of the new topics listing page and very few will ever know about except by carefully perusing the forum that post happens to be in. For this particular aforementioned post, I imagine that most, if not all, of the flags are given by -- let me put it kindly as -- knee-jerk conspiracists who I would likely rate downwards so their flags never push up a post onto my ATS radar in the first place.

My idea is just to make it easier for every member to find posts that are of more interest to him/her/it and to filter out the ones that aren't.
edit on 19-12-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hey all, posted this in the shady hook reference in bman movie thread but its been around a while now so I wasnt sure if it would be seen. So to anyone who has doubts or questions as to why a big time hollywood director would be involved with some sinister agenda. I task you with this simply because Im not yet familiar with copy and pasting links how to/rules as this is only my second post. Google Matthew Nolan (Stevens brother) then tell me thats not some shady bussiness right there. I will also say this, I would travel to the ends of the earth and/or do some grimy deeds to save/help my brother. Peace and love to all.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by warriorscholar81
Hey all, posted this in the shady hook reference in bman movie thread but its been around a while now so I wasnt sure if it would be seen. So to anyone who has doubts or questions as to why a big time hollywood director would be involved with some sinister agenda. I task you with this simply because Im not yet familiar with copy and pasting links how to/rules as this is only my second post. Google Matthew Nolan (Stevens brother) then tell me thats not some shady bussiness right there. I will also say this, I would travel to the ends of the earth and/or do some grimy deeds to save/help my brother. Peace and love to all.

Second time. It is Christopher not steven. Again one brother's conman/ killer actions almost 4 years ago does not imply him with putting in hints in his movie to show that he was going to take part in killing 26 innocent women and children. And if you really think Christopher Nolan had something to do with it, you need to seek help.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
Sandy Hook Shooting Exposed As a Fraud

A fake guy?! Insane... I've seen enough today. Did it happened at all?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Well if you really wanted to know, go to one of those funerals... See it for how real it actually is. There is no account for why that father acts the way he does there. Could be nerves, could be lots of things. Fact is, your daughter wasn't just shot while at school. So its impossible to even put yourself in that person's shoes. And its pretty despicable to judge the parents of those who just lost a child, let alone lost a child in such a horrendous way. But that and every conspiracy theory on this topic is addressed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well actually the 4 years thing adds credebility to the timeline in my opion and for whatever reason my screen cuts off the name of the posters but Im assuming this is broken apple in which case if it is, you need to SHILL dude.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Well actually the 4 years thing adds credebility to the timeline in my opion and for whatever reason my screen cuts off the name of the posters but Im assuming this is broken apple in which case if it is, you need to SHILL dude.

The only people who need to (c)hill are those making a mockery of 26 innocent women and children being gunned to death.Just wildly claiming the director a movie, completely unrelated to this, had something to do with killing 26 women and children is borderline libel. you would never have the guts to say it to his face, thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well for starters I never said he physically had anything to do with murdering anybody. Now being coerced or offered a bargaining chip, that is a different story POSSIBLY. You make me smile and laugh at the same time apple, I would like to meet you in person but I have a feeling you WOULDNT like that all that much.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Well for starters I never said he physically had anything to do with murdering anybody. Now being coerced or offered a bargaining chip, that is a different story POSSIBLY. You make me smile and laugh at the same time apple, I would like to meet you in person but I have a feeling you WOULDNT like that all that much.

Not sure what that last part was even supposed to be alluding to.

As for the first part, you are trying to implicate that Nolan had something to do with it. Coerced ? Into what? Putting Sandy hook on a map in his movie for 3 seconds? Jesus.... Yea you're right, I wouldn't like meeting you. I like mental stimulation and being around those grounded in reality.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hey there big guy there is no need for insults. I tell you what apple, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say that your a genuine person with sincere interest in conspiracies but you've got to do me one too. Answer me this what IF any conspiracies do you think hold water and why or what makes them so outright believable or is that too much to ask?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

On my other OP's in other threads I answer this. JFK, the moon landing has me questioning.. and 9/11 for starters.

And Im not being insulting. I'm responding to a person who actually is trying to prove that Christopher Nolan had something to do with the killing of 26 women and children.

edit on 19-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well apple I did read the original post but that was a day or so ago so I forgot but Ill go back and refresh. I would like to say that I notice your trend of over exaggerating peoples intent or actual comments. I wasnt trying to prove anything but instead simply offered up what could again POSSIBLY be an indicator or clue if you will. Also I notice your habbits tend to flood out a thread so as to POSSIBLY make so certain remarks wont get noticed. You really do need to shill out though bro.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join