It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut Police Spokesman Newtown Will Prosecute Independant Media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Damage control?
This just looks so blatantly authoritarian in nature I don't know what to say. I guess it all needs to be run through the Ministry of Truth these days.
So much misinformation came out early in the investigation and from what I can tell it was coming from the police in the first place.
He says that they (the Connecticut State Police) and Federal Authorities will be prosecuting anyone disseminating false information about the case. How the public is supposed to know the difference in this case is beyond me but don't worry they will inform you once charges have been filed.
Does that mean they will go after CNN, FOX,ABC,CBS,NBC if they fail to tell anything but the truth as according to the Connecticut State Police? Keep dreaming ATA.

We have been warned.

As I said in another thread it looks like they're trying to take down the 1st and 2nd amendments in one foul stroke.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

edit on 14-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Are they going to go after MSM who are reporting misinformation as well? Are they going to hold themselves accountable to all the misinformation they released? I guess we will all have to get use to using the term "unconfirmed sources" before we report anything on ATS.

I hope this is just an overzealous response to the horrible tragedy.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: add comment

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This was posted earlier today and unfortunatly has a major edit in the video.

As I posted on the other thread, here is a full transcript of what was said:

Originally posted by OneisOne
OK, I finally found a transcript of what he said. This will help those that can't see the video I posted earlier (that is if they read it!)

One thing that's becoming somewhat of a concern and that is misinformation is being posted on social media sites.

There has been misinformation coming from people posing as the shooter in this case, posing using other I.D.s, mimicking this crime and crime scene and criminal activity that took place in this community. There's been some things and somewhat of a threatening manner.

It is important to note that we have discussed with federal authorities that these, these issues are crimes, they will be investigated statewide and federally, and prosecution will take place when people perpetrating this information are identified.

Again, all information relative to this case is coming from these microphones and any information coming from other sources cannot be confirmed and, in many cases, it has been found as inaccurate.

So, I simply, that's the newest twist today that we want to make sure that's perfectly clear that social media web sites that contain information relative to this case are not being posted by the Connecticut State Police, are not being posted by the Newtown police, are not being posted by any authorities in this case.

So, any of that information and people that are that are putting that information up there in any manner all right, can be construed as a violation of state or federal law will be prosecuted, will be investigated and prosecuted. Questions, I can take a few, understanding that we still are active in this case, OK.

So there it is. Full transcript (of the CNN video) at the link: transcripts.cnn.com

I would also like to add, if you read the full transcript you will see indication that someone/s posted information and then spoke to federal authorities and everything they stated was false. I'm seeing news reports they are pursuing criminal charges against two people.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Didn't find this in search.
Existing thread here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread closed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

That certainly brings more clarity than the video. The video appeared to indicate a very large broad stroke. But it appears what they were addressing is where people are interfering with the investigation and committing fraud and even threatening violence. I can certainly agree with that.

new topics

top topics

join