It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridgefield schools in lockdown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My kids have fire and intruder drills in school.
They lock the door hide in back of room quietly.
I taught my kids about cover and concealment for hiding.
1 kid is a little smaller than others her age, so we use that to her advantage in that she can "fit" into places the other kids cannot, hence better hiding spots.
They're darn close to being ninjas and scare the crap out of us sometimes at home with their skills..

Hope all the Ridgefield kids are all right.

Maybe it's a good idea to lay low till the 22nd...
Too many crazies

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
What a way to grow up into an adult. Practicing lockdowns to be safe from rogue gunman.

We had fire drills in case of accidental fire.

That's pretty sad. Imoa

Oh yea.. We had something like 3-4 different alarms that could go off. One for fire, and then there were different alerts. Code Blue was gunman / lockdown If I remember correctly. If you had a window classroom you were supposed to knock all the tables over on their sides and cover up all the windows / lock the doors.. there were signs that you could velcro to the window facing out that said all good, or injured people inside...

Kind of creepy for middle school..

this was something like 10-12 years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I added this to my OP...

Update...

This doesn't confirm anything, but it appears that it may have been a false alarm.

By 10 a.m., it appears the report is false, but police -- some in SWAT gear -- are still on the scene.

Police from Westport, Danbury, Bethel are assisting state and Ridgefield police.

www.ctpost.com...

There is no doubt in my mind that there is an agenda to take guns away from Americans,but not everyone of these incidents is a false media report mean to put fear in the people, even though they are known for doing this. There is always a chance that these reports can be true.

You shouldn't automatically assume it's a staged hoax to take your guns away.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's funny how crying wolf has the opposite effect everyone learned it did.

Rather than becoming blase over the threat the enforcers and authorities grow increasingly paranoid.

Flour spilled on a sidewalk in front of a grocery calls in the FBI and evacuates a city.

A toy on a bench gets the bomb handling robot sent in.

Some blinking advertisements bring major cities to their knees.

A stick seen from a moving vehicle gets SWAT deployment.

A handful of Saudis crash a plane and Afghanistan is invaded.

Box cutters frightened 200+ passengers into submission so to keep you from bringing too much shampoo on vacation little Susie is tossed out of her wheelchair in front of everyone.

Maybe I just misunderstood the boy who cried wolf and Chicken Little?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You shouldn't automatically assume it's a staged hoax to take your guns away.

Good point. And bearing in mind whether these things are happening with the agenda of a lone nut, or the agenda of a planned take over, the people still died...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

so not even a guy with an umbrella was found?

hmm with all the recent shootings

all it would take to keep the fear index high would be to drop a guy with rifle/visible gun off on a corner
have him walk around a bit and get seen, then have him "mysteriously disappear" /pick him up once reports of a man with a rifle/gun go out on police radio.
if the folks doing this are, say, TSA/HLS they're covered if caught, some official sounding BS and the cops would just scratch them off the list and continue searching for the non existent gunman

now that i've typed all that out, it occurs to me that it'd be much simpler for gov operatives to just make a false report call with the phone # spoofed to a public phone. [a call that turns out to be untraceable would give the "game" away.]

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My first thought was perhaps it was an angry parent sending a message that the people of the town are watching and ready. Being vigilant and all you know.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Of course it's just a way to disarm Americans.
Look at all the responses by the gun lovers here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I remember having lock down drills when I was in highschool. They would announce "Mr. Washington is in the building" and all the teachers were supposed to lock the doors.

Maybe an automatic door locking system could emerge? All I know is that we have got to protect our schools and keep them in a safe learning environment.

This is not about your gun rights, this is about protecting innocents.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There was also an incident of a gunman at a PA high school. They lockdown the school and the police swarmed.

Come to find out, it was just a man with an umbrella.

Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

While I agree that it is fresh, shall we continue to think everyone on the planet is a mass murderer? How about the media stops airing the non-stop SANDY HOOK SLAUGHTER crap and allow the people to heal in their own way and their own time. But no, it is all now a photo op/ratings booster.

Just like the total inaccuracy of the reporting when this happened. Truth be damned we go the first scoop on the story. The television stations do not care about the people that were affected by this tragic event.

To the rest of humanity the odds that someone is coming to kill you right now are minimal. Carry on with your life and stop being afraid. Gone are the days when a person would actually defend themselves, we are reduced to a bunch of frightened cattle.

Moo away people. The sky is falling.........
edit on 17-12-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

Rare events have the opposite effect on irrational people.

If an elevator falls killing everyone inside, a 1 in 1.044e+07 chance, suddenly people are taking the stairs in droves all fearful that at any moment the next lift up will come crashing down.

The chances of anyone dying in a school shooting are less than one in a million but of course all these people just assume it could be anyone, anywhere, anytime. Which essentially is true. Always has been true. Anything can happen to anyone at anytime. So why be afraid of it now but for the very same chances they did nothing earlier to protect against it? Oh sorry. They put a "gun free zone" sticker on the door.

On the other hand on the very same day 300 people died in car wrecks in the US. 300 died the day before that and the day after that and every single day year after year. Nobody seems terribly concerned with that though.

So the less likely it is to happen the more people fear it but not enough to protect themselves from it. The more likely it is to happen the less people fear it and still dont bother to protect themselves from it.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I hear what you mean, and of course we should'nt be thinking that every one is a psycho going to start shooting, that wasn't my point either.

The media have a blast with this kind of news story and they often run the first info they get just to be sure they are the first to release the news and I agree with you that they dont give a "..." about the people unless it sells papers.

I am not living in fear that this will happen again and again! I do however feel very strongly for those families, not only the ones that got injured or killed, but of every kid in that school that will have horrific memories of that day for probably many years to come.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by CINY8
I have three kids in school and they have been practicing lockdowns at least since the Columbine tragedy. This isn't anything new. Everyone is going to be on edge now, just like they were after Columbine.

What a way to grow up into an adult. Practicing lockdowns to be safe from rogue gunman.

We had fire drills in case of accidental fire.

That's pretty sad. Imoa

I totally agree, but what a lot of people cant grasp is the reason it got this bad to start with is because of the easy availability to guns in the first place. And the situation will not get any better as the everyday American now needs these guns to protect themselves from the crazy people, so its a vicious circle that will not go away. ever. Lockdowns will sadly become an art form for even the youngest of schoolchildren, they sadly now(and for a long time already) have to grow up in a violent society when getting shot and killed is pretty accepted. This is the America of the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tikitiboo

How about we actually acknowledge that we have a nationwide Mental Health care issue and address that, so that possibly these inanimate objects stop killing people.....

Link

fore Friday’s heinous act, there was talk in Connecticut’s state legislature to beef up the state’s “assisted outpatient treatment” law, according to Breitbart.com. Connecticut Senate Bill 452 was proposed in February “to enhance the care and treatment of persons with psychiatric disabilities in both inpatient and outpatient settings.” But the bill was defeated in March, with opposition calling it “outrageously discriminatory.” The ACLU said the bill would “infringe on patients’ privacy rights by expanding [the circle of] who can medicate individuals without their consent.”

So we acknowledge that we have a problem yet we don't want to help them because it infringes on their right's... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...So ACLU one of these crazies has now killed loads of people, I am sure their right to life was infringed upon, but the discussion will continue to be the guns. The guns did it oh and yeah the video games can't forget those. So guns and video games kill people, not psychotic murdering mental health patients that have not been properly cared for........
edit on 17-12-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
OP, i sure hope this a false alarm.

here in FL, all Hillsboro county schools are on modified lockdown (or have been since this morn) over a single bullet found on a bus.
link - www.baynews9.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This paranoia will continue and continue... this is truly the Kingdom Of Fear.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Is hunting season open?

And yes, I sure hope this isn't another 'school shooter' - but even if it isn't? It's achieved the same effect.

Hold onto your guns people - the end of the Second Amendment is near.

peace
edit on 17-12-2012 by silo13 because: clarification

No its not. We have hunting season to regulate animal population and provide a means of food for some in remote places. Scientists will not allow hunting season to perish.

Not to mention how much of our crippled economy rides on the wave of gun/ammo sales. If we lose that, unemployment will reach well into the high teens.

In addition, think of all the helpless people that will create for whom are forced to live in cities under employeed with law enforcement and out numbered by drug dealling gang bangers. If their hand guns are taken away, what is to stop those gang members from coming into their home when ever they please (considering they will be the only one with an illegal gun)? There is no way, the residents will identify the gang member in a police line up (that would be a death sentence). No educated person in their right mind would trade security for 100's of millions of people because of less than 100 people.

Another group of people that this would severly effect are the ones who live near the borders. If you have illegal imigrants (whether drug cartel or just desperate people wanting a better life) what would stop them from entering your home looking for food, water, and shelter if they know you do not have a weapon to defend yourself and your family. Desperate people do desperate things. If a family is crossing teh desert and went 3 days without food and water, they may do whatever they have to to get their kids water. Imagine if it was your mother's home that they say first. Would you want her to have a gun, just in case? or be at their mercy and hope they don't take everything she has? Or if the drug cartel used her home for a hang out until someone else came and picked up the drugs?

These are just a few of the circumstances that will put innocent people in harms way just because a few people are over reacting. We can not loose our rights and freedoms just because of a handfull of people do evil acts.

Also, think about if our economy does collapse (which a lot of people agree that it will). If we lose our economy, social unrest will set in and the soldiers will want to be with their family. If the dollar collapses, the military won't be able to pay the soldiers. Once our military is weak, whats to say that we won't have a war at our door step. Everyone knows, that you attack at the weakest point. If we are weak, why wouldn't our enemies bring the fight to our door step. This is a worse case scenerio but I would still prefer to have a way to defend myself if it ever comes too. We are not invincible and for all you that live in your wooden box in a perfect little neighborhood, let me remind you that their are places in this world and IN THIS COUNTRY were we need a gun. If you don't believe me, sell your lovely home in your nice quiet neighborhood, and move your family to LA or detroit (just to name a few places everyone knows) and try to sleep soundly at night knowing that the police are only 5-10 minutes away.

Seriously, what could happen in 10 minutes?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Strange how everyone is constantly living in fear. Just where they want you. Not every single human other than yourself is not trying to kill you. Sad as it may be for the news outlets that peddle this crap on a 24/7 cycle. Keeping this stuff on TV all day everyday is bound to cause copy cat scenarios. Which maybe what the media wants.

At some point people need to start moving on from this incident.

This whole Country is tense, worried, and afraid of everything and everyone...including their own families. We're human herds, stampeding in fear. Being lead to and fro, walking in circles and pointing fingers.

This fear that we love to nurture and share with each other, IS what creates the insanity.
Fear manifests it all.

Good luck and well wishes to everyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

or you know people are extra paranoid and cautious due to fridays events...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join