It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hill Shooting Reports Are Fiction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We need to pay attention to the parents of the children. There could have been some sort of "message" sent to them, or punishment thereof. Some lowlife bastards that did this if thats the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why aren't the "reporters" pressing for clarification and fact? We still do not how the shooter got past a locked and access controlled entry point.

We still don't know how long LE waited to enter and were at least some police onsite before the shooter killed self?

The issue of guns found with the shooter and guns found in his car is completely clear as mud so far.

What possible connection did the shooter have to the school?

And, how long before we get the magic "gag order" like the movie shooting, and never get any answers??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
Millions of people stockpile weapons, millions of people believe collapse is imminent, those millions of people don't go on shooting rampages. We don't know why Adam did what he did, blaming it on conspiracies is nothing but a guess on your part.
True. Most people who stock pile weapons do not go on shooting sprees unless ... something snaps. Then with all those guns at hand what do they usually turn to?

Adam's motive probably had nothing to do with conspiracy theories but it was that mentality that put the guns into his hands and we may never know what role it played in his mental state.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
It's a shame it has gotten to this point where news agencies feel compeled to say SOMETHING even if it's wrong! What happened to the concept of a Press Conference? This news frenzy is being allowed to fester unchecked. Real people are suffering enough with the loss of their loved ones, without being exposed to this media circus of questionable reporting around the clock.

Why has no one in authority stepped in to quell this madness by setting the record straight on just what is known to be fact, and what is yet to be determined?
edit on 12/16/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

We should be honest that we have our own part in this cycle. We were listening to police scanner reports from the start, absolutely any information was being posted as it happened, we didn't know if it was related or not.
For example, it may have just been reported that a parent had been found dead, someone translated that to mean the father, because it was assumed the mother was at the school, now that misinterpretation is taken as a media reported fact that has been changed.
The speculative info we were getting was repeated as a fact, then as the information is revised we refuse to believe the first reports were uncomfirmed and not established facts.
We were part of the cycle of misinformation.
But yeah, the media should definitely have higher standards. They're not journalists, they're 'news presenters'. Totally different.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's not the media begin truthful, it;s the media reporting too fast on facts that are really only rumors reported as facts because they need a quick story..... that we all read !!!!

It's us that encourage the media by reading news, watching TV. We feed them!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Link isn't working here is the info....
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It's not the media begin truthful, it;s the media reporting too fast on facts that are really only rumors reported as facts because they need a quick story..... that we all read !!!!

It's us that encourage the media by reading news, watching TV. We feed them!

Also, the media was trying to figure it out through the wall of authorities blocking the way.
If this were a story with no tinge of conspiracy, just a "real" event, then the media would probably have concrete info right from the beginning. But since I believe something is "fishy" with this story, the media was subjected to the fantasy plot line being created and fine tuned along the way.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

So because you think it's "fishy" then there's a conspiracy. Yep, that's sounds about right. It can't just be incorrect info reported as fact, it's just gotta be a conspiracy. Because no one can believe that someone could do this, it must be the gov't/MKUltra/TPTB/Aliens/Reptilians/etc.

Not everything is a conspiracy, sometimes it's just irresponsible reporting.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

I'll tell you what - I am sixty six years old and I cannot remember such crap coming out of our media in my whole life. This isn't just by accident - there is something to the misinformation theory that exist in the open. News people just couldn't be that stupid - period - they are doing something that needs to stopped now. There is no shame from them at all and making a public correction is almost unheard of. Ever since 9/11 this has been a three ring circus.

The G.E theory is really way out there, but I have seen and heard things come to pass that I thought were make believe only to find out it was true. Our government is not to be trusted any more - our governments obvious goal is to make all of us dependent on them for everything - I have seen this grow out of control in my life time - ask any senior that his or her s*%t together and has paid attention.

Benghazi is now forgotten and now Sandy Hook School will rule the day for the media.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Dukesy because: Grammer and spelling

edit on 16-12-2012 by Dukesy because: missing letter

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
It has nothing to do with being truthful, their goal is not to lie. The goal is to have the information FIRST. And we as a society made that the goal ourselves.

The name of the game today is to be first. We as a society have put speed above accuracy. Think back to the elections in 2008 and the hubbub that surrounded news stations incorrectly calling the election. What was the penalty for that again? Exactly my point....none.

We tolerate inaccuracies -- often we get an "oops, sorry" after the fact -- and never even worry about fact as long as they are telling us something when we want to be told something.

Maybe the OP is somewhat correct, and I wouldn't say that their goal is not to lie at least some of the time, but lpowell0627 is right, it's imperative to have the information first. Journos need to find out what they can as soon as the event happens; there is huge competition within the media. There is a lot of pressure on reporters to gather whatever information they can, and sometimes when they can't access pieces of information, they will elaborate, sensationalise, or straight out fabricate things to give to their readers/audience, because yes, we do widely demand it. What matters is that they have a story and they have it before anyone else does. Additionally, in the chaos of an event such as this, getting straight facts from inside sources can essentially be quite difficult, which can result in genuine mistakes.

I'm not saying they're all innocent/ innocent all of the time, nor that they don't often put spins on stories (because they do) but this is how the industry operates.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy
reply to post by Feltrick

I'll tell you what - I am sixty six years old and I cannot remember such crap coming out of our media my whole life. This isn't just be accident - there is something to the misinformation theory that exist in the open. News people just couldn't be that stupid - period - they are doing something that needs to stopped now. There is no shame from them at all and making public correction is almost heard of. Ever since 9/11 this has been a three ring circus.

The G.E theory is really way out there, but I have seen and heard things come to pass that I thought were make believe only to find out it was true. Our government is not to be trusted any more - our governments obvious goal is to make all of us dependent on them for everything - I have seen this grow out of control in my life time - ask any senior that his or her s*%t together and has paid attention.

Benghazi is now forgotten and now Sandy Hook School will rule the day for the media.

Benghazi is forgotten, now Sandy Hood School will rule the day is very correct. If you remember, between Benghazi and the Sandy Hook Tragedy, there was a Hurricane that made folks forget about Benghazi. That's the way it goes with the Media and People. We go from one news story to the next, forgetting what happened previously, always hungry for what's next.

The Media has grown from 3 stations back in the day to a 24hr news cycle that must fill those hours with sensational news stories to keep ratings. They report exactly what they hear, even if it's false without remorse. They leap into the story with out checking their sources. How many of these reports came from Anonymous Sources?

I agree wholeheartedly that this needs to stop, journalists need to get their credibility back. Unfortunately, people don't really want this. They (we) want the information posted as soon as possible. We read Twitter with the expectation that the information is correct, even when it isn't.

Think about the uproar that would have happened if the Media had handled this responsibly. Think of the conspiracy theorists who would have gone nuts if the Media waited for facts before reporting. You've already stated you don't trust the gov't and you no longer trust the Media, so now you only have social networking sites, such as this, to get your information. That means you only believe posters, hidden behind user names, feeding you the "truth."

How much truth is on this website? How many "truths" have later been debunked and moved to the Hoax forum?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A couple of things I would like to point regarding the break in story:

I think it is supiscious the story was changed from, "Adam was buzzed in" to "He broke all the windows to get in." (which is the official story now). I am just wondering if they realized that if he was buzzed in, there would of been video of him at the front door because from my understanding (based on the security outline by the principle), there was indeed a camera set up for security measures around 9:30 am. Were they afraid the release of the video and therefore they changed the story? If he really did break in, then it would of been obvious there was a forced entry and why would he break multiple windows to get in when breaking one would be enough? Any investigator can easily figure if there was a forced entry, and then to top it off, there were reports going around saying it was the cops who broke the windows because they couldn't get in through the secure doors.

Something else I want to add:

The profile of these killers are eerily similar to the profile of a conspiracy theorist. Usually these mass killers are smart, shy, anti-social, goth-like, loves videogames, etc. and when you think about the typical conspiracy theorists, y'know the people on this site, you think of an intelligent nerdy type who is a bit different with his viewpoint, doesn't go out much, so usually he is indoors and engages in computer and videogame related stuff; the goth-like appearance is probably from sitting indoors and not getting enough sunlight and of course someone who does not think like the rest of society. These are the people the government fear the most since they cannot control them: they have controlled all aspects of information from the media, politicians, churches, and all the way down to grass root groups, etc. but the one flow of information they cannot control (aka cannot brainwashed) is the flow of information from groups like this and various youtube vloggers.

It is just a hypothesis but what if the government fears conspiracy theorists moreso than anything else ... when you think about it, this is the one group they have failed to penetrate.
edit on 16-12-2012 by anonymous21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant

Originally posted by lpowell0627
It has nothing to do with being truthful, their goal is not to lie. The goal is to have the information FIRST. And we as a society made that the goal ourselves.

The name of the game today is to be first. We as a society have put speed above accuracy. Think back to the elections in 2008 and the hubbub that surrounded news stations incorrectly calling the election. What was the penalty for that again? Exactly my point....none.

We tolerate inaccuracies -- often we get an "oops, sorry" after the fact -- and never even worry about fact as long as they are telling us something when we want to be told something.

Maybe the OP is somewhat correct, and I wouldn't say that their goal is not to lie at least some of the time, but lpowell0627 is right, it's imperative to have the information first. Journos need to find out what they can as soon as the event happens; there is huge competition within the media. There is a lot of pressure on reporters to gather whatever information they can, and sometimes when they can't access pieces of information, they will elaborate, sensationalise, or straight out fabricate things to give to their readers/audience, because yes, we do widely demand it. What matters is that they have a story and they have it before anyone else does. Additionally, in the chaos of an event such as this, getting straight facts from inside sources can essentially be quite difficult, which can result in genuine mistakes.

I'm not saying they're all innocent/ innocent all of the time, nor that they don't often put spins on stories (because they do) but this is how the industry operates.

I disagree.

The media only reports what they are being told, so I am leaning on the idea the disinformation is deliberate from the feds, cops, agencies, etc. who were there on the scene and had inside knowledge of what was going on.

Here is an example:

1. Investigators said the rifle was never used; it was in the car. The medical examiner said some children were shot by the rifle. This is an obvious attempt of disinformation. Who is right and who is wrong? Due to the huge amount of contradictions, I believe this is deliberate.

The question is why would they do this? What advantage would they gain by releasing so many false leads ..

I want to hear what others have to say about this before I post my hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In one word DISTRACTION.

If you are concentrating on this Sandy Hook DHS exercise, then you are not able to see what just happened over the last week; that would have involved millions of deaths.

Don't worry it was averted and we wait for their next try at the Mayan doomsday massacre.

What TPTB don't get is that they are not in charge-GOD is!

What was really strange is that I am usually such a weepie over children dying and this time I felt nothing-my gut tells me this was a drill. Yet it still worked; it was a distraction and also collected more fear and anger for their nefarious intentions.
They don't even have to kill children now for the masses to rise up in anger. They just use the media and thet is why the story keeps changing. Lies tend to do that.

Hint- it is something to do with the X37b.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Right now I have questions about the mom...now I have to tell you that I haven't been following word for word..I have two small children and didn't want to expose them to the endless loop of violence....

At first she was in the building..
Then she was found dead at home...
Neighbors. " friends " say she was quiet and normal. Only talking about gardening and crafting.. CNN
Then we found out guns were registered and purchased by her..
Now I'm hearing she was a nutter prepping, gun toting psycho....???

How does one lady in a SMALL town go from nice gardening lady to psycho prepped?

Something is quite strange there....in a small town everyone knows your business.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In the beginning the media is only aware of any unfolding event because they eavesdrop on police dispatch. They all jump. No one but no one is allowed into the scene to count anything. Any further reports are still dispatch calling for fire and ambulance, more police. Inter agency radio traffic and updates become available and they are immediately raced to the edit desk for live broadcast.

As many have pointed out, they fall over each other to be first to report some new development. Later in the year when they have their "awards banquets" they will issue honors for being the first in breaking news, and toast and clap each other on the back, telling each other what fine news reporting they deliver.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Some errors in initial reporting, normal.
The level of errors this time around has been unprecedented. And worse, over the course of days.

Yet they were coordinated enough to hit America with impact images in a timely manner, and then they all sign off at the same time at night (must have been chilly) from that astroturf field. That field was as superficial as their heart string pulling reporting, with disregard for accuracy therein. I could go on, but it'll turn into a rant of some sort, probably something about MSM being Government propaganda arm behind the scenes.

Oh, and Obama should get an Emmy for his performance as well, horrible as the event was.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous21

I disagree.

The media only reports what they are being told, so I am leaning on the idea the disinformation is deliberate from the feds, cops, agencies, etc. who were there on the scene and had inside knowledge of what was going on.

Here is an example:

1. Investigators said the rifle was never used; it was in the car. The medical examiner said some children were shot by the rifle. This is an obvious attempt of disinformation. Who is right and who is wrong? Due to the huge amount of contradictions, I believe this is deliberate.

The question is why would they do this? What advantage would they gain by releasing so many false leads ..

I want to hear what others have to say about this before I post my hypothesis.

You may be right in suspecting that the misinformation is originating from the officials on the scene. In fact, if I were to guess as to the source of mass or obvious and deliberate false pieces of information, I would reckon the exact same thing. Whether they have a beef with certain reporters or the media at large, or they're simply not sure of the facts themselves, or even for more sinister reasons, it is probable.
But there are more contributing factors than this. The media certainly does not report only what it is being told; reporters do elaborate and even entirely fabricate certain things when they need to/ are asked to. As a photographer who dwells within the media world, I work alongside journalists and I know this much to be true.
I don't deny that there is deliberate misinformation circulating around the world and within the media from a number of sources for a myriad of reasons, but I'm looking at it from how I actually know things operate.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I too was amazed at all the erroneous reporting. I know a lot of it was mistake or embellishment. What percentage you think was intentional to discredit the internet? We were reliably mis informing ourselves about the facts. If intentional, it had the desired effect. I have lost a bit of faith in the seekers and diggers right now.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

So, if there is a conspiracy, why? What's the motive? I don't see one, thoughts out to the victims. The reason they reported three shot at first and slowly let more on since then, is because they normally identify the victims and notify the families first.
I'm glad stuff like this doesn't happen over here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join