It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strip Search Of 10-Year-Old Prompts Complaint Against Elementary School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Strip Search Of 10-Year-Old Prompts Complaint Against Elementary School

charlotte.cbslocal.com

Clinton, N.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – The parents of a 10-year old Union elementary school student have filed a complaint against the school for strip-searching their son to find an allegedly stolen $20 bill. In a complaint filed against assistant principal Teresa Holmes on Dec. 6, the family of Clinton, N.C., fifth-grader Justin Cox allege their son was ordered to remove his socks, shoes, pants and shirt so the principal could conduct a manual search for a $20 bill later found in the cafeteria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The principal said she had "the legal right to search him". How does she have this "right"? Are you kidding me? She cannot search a minor like that. She is guilty of child molestation and should be arrested and punished as such. If a male principal did this to a female student, there is no doubt that it would happen. She should have called the boy's parents and/or the police if she really believed he had stolen the money. He did find some of the money dropped and returned it to the girl who dropped it. Somehow he missed one of the bills she dropped and the principal went way overboard in response. She needs to be arrested and spend the rest of her life as a registered sex offender. We need to get these school personnel under control. They believe that they are gods and certainly act like it.

charlotte.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That's pretty disgusting, people in positions of authority really let their "power" get to their heads sometimes. She shouldn't be charged with child molestation, as the intent wasn't to sexually molest the child. She should be sued, however.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
We need to get these school personnel under control. They believe that they are gods and certainly act like it.

While I agree the behavior of that particular teacher is inexcusable, do we really need all encompassing, blanket statements like that?

If it wasn't for these people -- big and small -- who reportedly contributed in different ways, the shooting could have been even worse. Some of them survived and some of them didn't, but what matters is they helped yesterday, and they deserve to be recognized for their contributions:

These Are Some of the Heroes from Newtown

Let's not demonize an entire profession on the acts of one individual.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

In a complaint filed against assistant principal Teresa Holmes on Dec. 6, the family of Clinton, N.C., fifth-grader Justin Cox allege their son was ordered to remove his socks, shoes, pants and shirt so the principal could conduct a manual search for a $20 bill later found in the cafeteria.

And there was a thread saying we should give students and teachers guns for self-defense purposes!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
That's pretty disgusting, people in positions of authority really let their "power" get to their heads sometimes. She shouldn't be charged with child molestation, as the intent wasn't to sexually molest the child. She should be sued, however.
She stuck her hands in the boy's underwear. If it had been a male teacher, everybody would be after his head. This female deserves equal treatment. If she is arrested and convicted as a sex offender, you can be sure that other school personnel would think 3 or 4 times before engaging in such behavior.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

#1 You have no idea what the intention of this "woman" was, we know only of her actions.

#2 We do not prosecute crime based on intent, only on the crimes themselves.

Honestly your honor I didn't intend to commit a mass murder, I only intended to rob them all
....see how silly that sounds?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No one outside of law enforcement and medical professionals have the right to perform such an uncompromising examination, and when they do, they have to have all sorts of checks and balances in place to ensure the legality of anything that happens during that search. Furthermore, the performance of such a search, by anyone other than the aforementioned authorities, and without those checks in place, should constitute a criminal offence.

I cannot believe the nerve of the school, attempting to suggest otherwise to be quite honest. Its true that when parents hand thier children over into the care of the school for the day, the school become legally responsible for thier safety, but it does not give the school the legal power to enforce the law within its walls. The upholding of the law, the searching of suspected theives, is and always will be the responsibility of law enforcement officials ONLY, and no one else.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Holmes defended her actions after the fact, telling WRAL-TV, “Any staff member who has ever worked with me knows that I care for my students and that even when I have to discipline them, I love them.”

Maybe you "love them" a little too much their bucko...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
#1. You have a child that doesn't belong to that person.
#2. That person (female Assistant Principle) forces boy to undress down to underwear.
#3. That person then puts her hands inside the child's underwear.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then you can bet she is a pervert and should be prosecuted. That would set an example and maybe these mindless authoritarian pencil-pushers will leave our children alone and just do their jobs of TEACHING.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

#1 You have no idea what the intention of this "woman" was, we know only of her actions.

Neither do you. No one knows anything about the people involved except what was reported. I guess that's enough for all of us to judge her soul, right?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. How much more of this foolishness will we take. When you make society think being searched is just part of life, and if you have nothing to hide who cares, leads to this crap.

I hope they get enough out of that lawsuit that the city has no choice but to make sure it doesn't happen again.

edit on 15-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

When you make society think being searched is just part of life, and if you have nothing to hide who cares, leads to this crap.

Yeppers, and we can all thank ourselves for praising those who rule over us for a new age of "Conditioning".

Does the TSA ring a bell for anyone????

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Neither do you. No one knows anything about the people involved except what was reported. I guess that's enough for all of us to judge her soul, right?

No my friend....as I stated clearly in the post above, we judge her actions. See the crime is not in her desires, or intent....the crime was in her actions.

That is where criminal prosecution comes in.

I make no judgements on anyones spirt/soul.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I think we should worry less about locking her up and more about preventing it from happening again. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

I think we should worry less about locking her up and more about preventing it from happening again. Just my opinion.
Locking her up would do a lot to ensure teachers and administrators did not do it again.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

an ATS search will show of a 6yr old bringing a gun to school and when the gun fell from the back pack, it stole the mind away from a class mate....remember that one?

you go right on about ignoring the pink elephant in the CLASS room and I will keep it real...

Right now there is so much emotion on the subject who can be clear headed, I get your reasoning, and see through it.
edit on 15-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If a male principle had done this to a ten year old girl, he'd be in jail already.

At the very least, the principle should be severely disciplined, and an investigation conducted to see if any other such actions have occurred in the past, by the local DA.

It is typical of the sexist system we have in place.

Rape isn't about sex, it is about power, and this was definitely a power move.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The parents who have children in that school should get together and refuse to let their children go to school untill that woman is gone. If they don't make a stand against this, things will just get worse in the future.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join