It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOLAR WATCH: Sun Comes Alive - Monster Sunspot Region Emerging From the Southeastern Limb!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

How quickly people forget...

Just three weeks ago we had sunspot 1618 which was called a "big sunspot" throwing M class flares at us.

Looking at it, it was bigger than sunspot 1633 and had an Alpha-Beta classification.

I it wasn't for the timing of it, it wouldn't have even been noticed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The new region has been designated 1633. It has an area of 270 which is not particularly large. It has 8 sunspots in it. It has a classification of beta which is not conducive to strong activity.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's good news!
Maybe this will all be over by the 22nd and the dust of what's left of us just blows away and drifts off into the universe

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It certainly has plenty of time
to become X worthy..
would be quite the coinkydink if we got blasted for the Mayan due date

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

A couple of days before it becomes geoeffective then a few while it still is. There is a chance it could puff up while it's pointed at us but it's been hanging around for a long time on the farside already.

edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed
for this particular spot,.. the timing is interesting to say the least.
and naturally,. it could just fade away before it even gets to us

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!

Get to your bug out shelters NOW!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Good luck ATS's! See you on the other side of DOOMSDAY!
edit on 12/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

There's no way the Mayan's could've predicted a solar flare so accurately. A celestial body or an energy pulse... sure, but a solar flare? No way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Another interesting coinkydink
In the movie 2012 early on in the film
a news caster is at the Mayan temple doing a piece
about some deaths there,, and states the mayans talked about
Solar damage to the earth on the 21st....cue the doom music..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Call me underwhelmed, but this doesn't strike me as anything special. Just another sunspot, like all the rest. A little smaller than the previous one, though, isn't it? What's the fuss about? That it coincides with 12-21 lunatic fringe mass hysteria? Again, call me underwhelmed here. Just because it's appearing now doesn't mean it's going to stay put. Keep an eye on it, sure, but don't bother betting the deed to house on it just yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

You can't actually be serious.

brb calling child protective services. you seem mentally unstable

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What seems odd this last year is these bigger sun spots are releasing energy on the opposite side facing earth. Why is it they seem to die down once facing us? Why all the action on the far side? I check spaceweather.com every morning and night. CMEs blasting away on the other side. When the rotation of a sun spot is earth facing.....nothing to see. What is the sun interacting with on the far side to explode? Just seems a bit odd.

Lightmeup04

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

What makes you think the Sun is interacting with anything?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess it is not what the sun is interacting with but why are the sun spots so active on the far side facing away? And the exact same sun spot faces earth and is so quiet. I have a very good memory and it just seems to me a lot more activity from these sun spots while facing away. I will admit I am not great with putting the statistics together but within this last year it just seems odd that the sun spots are relatively quiet while facing earth. It seems something would cause this activity to increase more facing away. More of a question and puzzle?

Lightmeup04

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I can see his point...
It is a valid conspiracy

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!

Laugh it up
The potential for the "Killshot" is very real
this has the same reality as a hurricane hitting New York.

And it just so happens it should be earth facing just about Dec 21

edit on 15-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

I've never been more serious. I'm at my shelter now. Coming out to get 1 last Domino's Pizza pizza and that's it until Jan.1st. Just me, my kid, and the dog.

I pray your not feeding the dog wet canned food... may not be in there as long as you hope..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

I can see his point...
It is a valid conspiracy

i like your sense of humor.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
OKay, so this is being pointed at by some as a posible source of the "Kill Shot" that was prophecied?
(why can't I write that without giggling? It just sounds so silly a term tp use)
In that scenario that was described, just before the kill shot, the last event they could see leading up to it, was the falling or intentional bringing down of a spacevehicle that was described as looking like ......

the X-37 that was launched Tuesday!

So if that is brought down for some reason in the next few days, then more probability might be assigned, in some minds, to that prediction....

(just having fun with this whole thing...)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Also, one of the last things that allegedly is supposed to happen right before the "kill shot" is a rocket on the launchpad in North Korea...even though this sunspot doesn't appear to be much of a threat at this point it is somewhat disturbing the way things are lining up...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yes it looks as if we have had the calm before the storm, the NASA Sun app I have had on my Iphone for a year now has been showing nothing for days, but reading this on ATS today and seeing dark spots on the sun in this said iphone app looks bad, maybe I should start selling toilet paper yer?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostyMew
reply to post by Evildead

You can't actually be serious.

brb calling child protective services. you seem mentally unstable

He may be overreacting a bit, but it's better to be safe than sorry, especially when he has a son. The fact that you're implying CPS should be called on a father who's genuinely worried about his son's life bothers me greatly. I'm assuming you don't have a son or daughter, otherwise you'd be a little more understanding.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

There's no way the Mayan's could've predicted a solar flare so accurately. A celestial body or an energy pulse... sure, but a solar flare? No way.

This.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join