It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the law to allow Teachers and UNIVERSITY Students carry guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Yes, lets give everyone a gun - even students,
reply to post by Severin

Sounds like the op wants to go back to the wild west. Arming everyone with a gun is a recipe for increased murder rates. Our jails will be overflowing with people who lost their tempers and reached for their gun. Not to mention mean drunks who are armed with a gun.

I agree not a wise answer to the problem we face.

Wheres that? Out in the bar parking lot or outside the club?

Anyway some of you need to bone up on the data......where guns are packed in public their has been a drop in crime and the feared rise in shotings never happened. Never happened.

And when was the last time a drunk school teacher started shooting up the place? Never happened.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
your title should be..

Change the law so every citizen has to purchase a gun and is trained to use it.

if the other 299 million people all have a gun , know how to use it, and arent afraid to use it. the crime in this country would look a lot different.

I want my fellow citizens to know and undestand that I have trust and solid confidence in their ability to pack a weapon in public, use it the right way and protect others with good shot grouping.

Durring the car jacking craze a few years back.....it wasnt untill drivers started shooting back that the numbers went down. Home invasions are now the most hazardous criminal undertaking that a criminal can be involved in outside of other drug related undertakings and criminal activity.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You know you are ignorant if you think you don't live in place where people can't snap.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Blimey.... I can't believe you are honestly requesting something like this

What are you thinking of?

Let's get this straight.... you want youngsters to carry guns in school???

Do you really think this would stop gun crime? Do you really think this will stop youngsters from killing eachother?

You get 2 guys having an argument... not much of one until one of those guys pulls his gun out and just shoots the other guy in the face!!

You are mad for considering this option.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Pencil case.....check

Calculator......check

Lunch box.....check

Uzi 9mm.....check

Flack vest......check

Stun grenades.......check

Let's go to school

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry . . . maybe the libations of my youth dulled my senses to the point where I'm pretty much daft, but I find it odd that in the country that is supposed to be the envy of the planet what with a pretty good standard of living compared to most places, freedoms that remain for most a dream, access to health care, education, food, water, recreation . . . damn near everything a person could want or need in terms of making life pretty much better than most have it . . . the big debate is how many more guns are needed on the street to protect each other from . . . well . . . each other, or if guns need to be taken away to protect each other from . . . well . . . each other . . . or if there need be stricter rules in place so it is safer to have guns to protect each other from each other.

Methinks the problem isn't with the guns but . . . maybe . . . just maybe . . . with each other.

But given that nothing is ever anyone's fault any more, the focus will remain as polarized as ever regarding how many more or less guns are needed to protect each other from each other.

Any bets this argument ends up with . . . well . . . somebody shooting somebody?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
High School I attended always had at leas 3 police officers in it with 5 security guards.

Never had any problems there, just many fist fights in the classrooms or the lunch room.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Maybe you should try comprehending it then. Or perhaps, before you go off into your hysterical rants about timmy third grader carrying a mac-10 to school, you could engage your critical thinking skills and realize that timmy third grader doesn't attend a UNIVERSITY, nor is little Timmy a TEACHER.

I realize that the more idiotic and emotional you make your rant, the more people are likely to get caught up in the emotional moment, and take your side, but THAT is part of the problem. Instead of approaching a problem rational and objectively people get caught up in a way of thinking that is irrational and unhinged.

Here is what happens when more people have guns.

voices.yahoo.com...

Hmmmmm, try THOSE stats on for size, then compare it to what happens in places with strict gun control laws. Guess which side is safer.

peace

Is this the kind of proof you were asking for on page 4 severin?
As for those that say college students shouldn't be allowed to carry, pull your head from your hindquarters and re-read the 2nd Amendment. I can't seem to find anything saying they can't. Quit worrying about the normal people who own guns, we carry them everyday and don't kill people. There are those of us who carry everyday and through our obsession with the 2nd amendment, we save lives and/or prevent crime everyday. That just doesn't make the news very often. Yes there is plenty of proof out there to prove it, I just don't feel like denying YOUR ignorance. Look it up yourself.

peace

edit on 17-12-2012 by RichardA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You might be surprised at just how many of those janitors are already armed. There have been searches on the vehicles of the janitors and other staff at the University I work at, looking for weapons. Many of us are hunters and former military and have multiple weapons at home. Amazingly zero weapons have shown up during these searches and I know for a fact, more than one who was searched carries a handgun with them at all times. Of course the only shooting we've had around here was off campus, but if there was an active shooter on our campus, I personally believe the police would be irrelevant as the situation would probably have been resolved by the person calling 911. Just food for thought.

peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

proof please. Since all the stats I could find seem to prove the exact opposite, please provide references and links please.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
When people begin talking about the recent and past mass shootings with regards to gun control, everybody seems to dance around the FACT that in all these cases only the bad guy was armed. Put some concealed weapons around and logic says the body count will go down. Make the odds to find guns in any specific location higher, and chances are Mr. mental defective wont go on a shooting spree and will shoot the person he has a problem with and then kill himself to avoid the punishment.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Yeah...let's GIVE guns to the kids who pay out the ass for their horrible education and are slowly realizing that all this has done has made them irreparably screwed for the rest of their lives, all for a weak, watered down education. Let's give them guns so when they realize that they have and will continue to work to live for the rest of their lives, they have an easy ticket out.

Use your head, man.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The idea that students (even if they are university students and 21 and over like the OP stated) should be able to be armed is ridiculous
reply to post by Enzo954

No. your logic is ridiculous.
One more time.

THEY DO CARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can't you people understand?

Students and teachers carry every day and they obey the law, this is why they don't carry in school.

Secondly, an armed guard at a school would do no good because the the shooter would be aware of this law and would obviously just walk up to the guard in a casual manner and then pull out his gun and blow him away. He would then go on his killing spree. So that idea is out the window.

I am in private security, having only one officer there would be dumb, but you would never have just one.
Unless your a cop, they have been posting only 1 police officer at schools around here (Connecticut) and I find that a little ridiculous. And if a school had private security, not only would there be more than one officer, but there would be a secured system in place.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
Changing the law to allow people to carry on schools and universities is the only option we have to protect people on anti-gun places.

Its not the only option

Killers will think twice going into a school or university if they know teachers, students or employees might be carrying.

but then the killers maybe already in your school. by that i mean if there's a teacher that's having a bad day, week or year and snaps, when in possesion of a gun........
theres also the fact that a teacher wants to teach children, they may not want the job to include taking someone's life as theres bound to be anti gun US teachers and sensitive people.
Also i'd bet that would have to include a rise in the base pay of teachers (danger money)
and what about the nuts that like to get into shoot outs with the police, they'll might think its easier to have a shoot out with the teachers, it'll be the wild west all over again

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You get 2 guys having an argument... not much of one until one of those guys pulls his gun out and just shoots the other guy in the face!!

true enough until you realise that the other 10-50 people in the room have a gun as well.^^

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Of course I realize that there are teachers and students that are licensed gun carriers in the world. But like you stated, they don't carry on school property. You're telling me that my logic is ridiculous because I don't think that every college student and teacher should be able to walk around strapped on school grounds. Get real guy, that's a recipe for disaster based on what I said in my previous post. There are disagreements and fights on school grounds all of the time and if everyone is carrying a piece there's gonna be shootings guaranteed!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardA
reply to post by Severin

Maybe you should try comprehending it then. Or perhaps, before you go off into your hysterical rants about timmy third grader carrying a mac-10 to school, you could engage your critical thinking skills and realize that timmy third grader doesn't attend a UNIVERSITY, nor is little Timmy a TEACHER.

I realize that the more idiotic and emotional you make your rant, the more people are likely to get caught up in the emotional moment, and take your side, but THAT is part of the problem. Instead of approaching a problem rational and objectively people get caught up in a way of thinking that is irrational and unhinged.

Here is what happens when more people have guns.

voices.yahoo.com...

Hmmmmm, try THOSE stats on for size, then compare it to what happens in places with strict gun control laws. Guess which side is safer.

peace

Is this the kind of proof you were asking for on page 4 severin?
As for those that say college students shouldn't be allowed to carry, pull your head from your hindquarters and re-read the 2nd Amendment. I can't seem to find anything saying they can't. Quit worrying about the normal people who own guns, we carry them everyday and don't kill people. There are those of us who carry everyday and through our obsession with the 2nd amendment, we save lives and/or prevent crime everyday. That just doesn't make the news very often. Yes there is plenty of proof out there to prove it, I just don't feel like denying YOUR ignorance. Look it up yourself.

peace

edit on 17-12-2012 by RichardA because: (no reason given)

You Sir need to wise the hell up a bit and calm down. In your blind fury to castigate you have in fact let fly at the wrong poster. Please get your facts straight first: The 'Timmy' post was written by someone else...MDDoxs, so please vent elsewhere.

Secondly, you are obviously a bit late to the party... the OP has edited and reworded much of the original version of his post, but if you had read the entire thread you would know this
He originally stated that students and teachers should carry guns in schools and colleges. As I'm sure you'll agree this is a preposterous notion, I pointed this out to him and he edited to make it clearer.

So my contention that is indeed you who are unhinged.

Peace to you too

Cool?

Check your sig and live by it in future.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

The quickest way to reduce a massacre like that will be allowing people to carry if they have their permit to do so.

Shots ring out ......

In the ensuing pandemonium its conceivable that groups will fire upon one another -

A particularly twisted gun man might even instigate such a fire fight.

How do you know who the bad guy is if everybody has their weapons drawn?

After all the perpetrator is just an armed student ....... in a sea of armed students.

Wheres Wally ...... with guns.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"arm the teachers"

An idea advocated by the very informed Larry Correia:

larrycorreia.wordpress.com...

The last thing that ever needs to be written about gun control. It's ten different kinds of awesome if you can find time to read it.

Larry Correia is a gun expert and author of the outstanding (and goofily named) Monster Hunter International series.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

There are disagreements and fights on school grounds all of the time and if everyone is carrying a piece there's gonna be shootings guaranteed!!

Your logic is ridiculous because you think that if they carry in school, this will somehow make them different then they are now and they will get into shoot outs because they have disagreements.

They are men and women, not teens, or kids. They have a legal right to carry at 21 for many reasons, like they are responsible enough not to "bust a cap" when there is a disagreement.

So please

Get real guy

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join