It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas school where teachers carry guns prepared to protect students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is the approach taken in Israel for the last forty years, and it has worked. They (correctly) realized you cannot have enough police to be everywhere, all the time, obviously.

I get the idea that liberals fight concealed carry because it means a group of people are getting something they are not. They don't understand anything about weapons, personal security, law enforcement, and we know they come down on the side of coddling criminals.

People who willingly disarm themselves are the same people who desire a "level playing field" in all aspects of life in a world where that is simply not possible. The anti-gun liberal also works tirelessly to destroy super-power status for the U.S., works against the interests of our military service people, and is disgusted by all signs of U.S. unique greatness.

When you remember their world-view you see why they are so vehemently against personal responsibility in all matters including security.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

I get the idea that liberals fight concealed carry because it means a group of people are getting something they are not. They don't understand anything about weapons, personal security, law enforcement, and we know they come down on the side of coddling criminals.

People who willingly disarm themselves are the same people who desire a "level playing field" in all aspects of life in a world where that is simply not possible. The anti-gun liberal also works tirelessly to destroy super-power status for the U.S., works against the interests of our military service people, and is disgusted by all signs of U.S. unique greatness.

When you remember their world-view you see why they are so vehemently against personal responsibility in all matters including security.

Why are you saying "liberals" here? I happen to be a liberal, and I'm the one who started this thread. My household is armed, for personal protection. Still a liberal. The "level playing field" on this individual basis (knowing that others are armed) is parallel to the global "Nuclear Arms" situation.

No one will drop a bomb because they know others have the bomb as well. I hope you are able to discern between "social liberals" and "anti-gun" people - the two descriptives are NOT necessarily mutually inclusive.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join