It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The right to bear arms is one of the United States most fundamentally good amendments, for it is the very right each American citizen has to defend their way of life.

Throughout history dictators, tyrants, and vile dregs of humanity have selfishly bullied decent people into lives full of strife and hardships. The ideals behind the second amendment were put into place to ensure this type of life would never happen to a citizen of America.

It is a proven and historical fact that people who cannot defend their self are not only helpless against those who are in power, but also the killers that lurk next door.

On this day, December 14th, 2012, America fell victim to a heinous act cowardice and violence, which one would hope is a once in a lifetime occurrence.

Already there are threads being posted on this website, and other social media outlets about more gun reformation and control. The idea is that it will make it harder for the criminals to obtain weapons. This concept is in and of itself completely flawed and ignorant.

For many years methamphetamines, poppy products, and other narcotics have been greatly outlawed – yet the criminals still obtain them.

How then do you think criminals will react when guns are more tightly regulated and controlled? Do you believe that they will stop obtaining them? How do you believe that these laws will effect the innocents who follow the law?

I tell you now, as a student of history, and as a man of logic – more gun regulation and control will promote more crime and suffering.

Many studies have been conducted that have proven gun control is counterproductive to peace, and less gun control allows peace to flow more freely.

A wise man once said:

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither…

-Benjamin Franklin

Now a personal note to those of you who don’t live in America

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.
Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

edit on 14-12-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Most gun control legislation hinders our Constitutional rights and
promotes crime because it is aimed at the wrong people. There is a
growing concern across America regarding the legislation of firearms.
Members of Congress have gone to great lengths to investigate an ever
increasing rise in crime and how to stop it. Gun control has been
widely tried with varying degrees of success. Newspaper and magazine
articles have reported on the success or failure of current laws on the
possession of firearms. The statistics speak loudly for themselves. Gun
laws today are aimed at the wrong segment of society. Rather than
helping the average American feel safer in his own home, th laws have
managed to promote crime.

www.sodahead.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's no convincing the brainless, unfortunately. S&F.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Keep your guns, outlaw bullets.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When ignorant minds prevail, and alow our defences to be stripped then you will see a dark day.

My argument: how many shots would that killer have had if every teacher had been carying a gun, and every administrative official?

That guy might have killed 3-5 people before he was put down.

And suprise, suprise: this happened, and usually happens in gun free zones.... The ignorance of people amaze.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

This is a dumb argument. People can make bullets dear. People will buy them on the black market just like they do guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I don't get the whole ban on guns movement.
Criminals will still gain access to them leaving innocent citizens defenseless.
War on drugs doesn't work neither would a war on guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

I don't get the whole ban on guns movement.
Criminals will still gain access to them leaving innocent citizens defenseless.
War on drugs doesn't work neither would a war on guns.

Exactly!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The whole premise is dumb. I was being facetious, take all the guns and bullets and shove them where the sun don't shine it won't matter. People that are stupid enough to kill others will find a way with guns or with out.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

A gun with no bullets is just a poorly balanced club

I carry, never once have I drawn down on someone. Think of it like buying insurance. I'll be glad I have it IF the situation calls for it

Outlaw guns and I'll still carry

Rather be alive and in trouble than dead.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The whole premise is dumb. I was being facetious, take all the guns and bullets and shove them where the sun don't shine it won't matter. People that are stupid enough to kill others will find a way with guns or with out.

I agree.

I am sorry for my insulting tone before. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I have a very nice collection of pistols and long guns...

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal and medical records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.
edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I have a very nice collection of pistols and long guns...

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.

Violent crime yes... DWI no.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Originally posted by olaru12

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.

Violent crime yes... DWI no.

If you can't operate a motor vehicle responsibility how can I trust you with another potentially deadly firearm?

answer.........I can't! Alcohol and gunpowder don't mix!!!
edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

*STAND BY*

The Dictator and Cheif to make a comment on the shooting.............

Get ready folks.......

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I quote

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.
Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

Wow but you think you can do it to every other country on the planet but when others question your laws etc you tell us to keep out of it?

edit on Sun Dec 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote tags

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Easier to make ammo than a gun. Your move.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I quote

Wow but you think you can do it to every other country on the planet but when others question your laws etc you tell us to keep out of it?

Wow... Way to completly try to derail the topic at hand and involve international polotics.... These things have nothing to do with each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Times change, plus there wasn't 300 million people living in America when Second Amendment was written.

There is no denying that Americas gun policy is a huge mess.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join