It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Also you should reread my post and pay careful attention to the part where out of the 60 rampage shootings that have happened since 1999 NONE of them have happened in the state of Utah....

Except for the 2-12-07 Salt Lake City Trolley Square massacre by Sulejman Talovic, 18, 5 dead, 4 wounded.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherMayEye

I'm not arguing semantics with you. You clearly stated that the CIA would then control the sale of these weapons and then sell them to the bad guys.

Criminals are going to find alternative ways to kill someone, whether that be purchasing an illegal weapon or tampering a legal one.

People will still be able to defend themselves like they already can with shotguns, concealable pistols, and certain rifles. The federal, state, and local governments can deal with the few that have acquired illegal weapons by using weapons that they've been properly trained with.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
By the way. Who hase some more photos of this guy in the Hale hospital (London), 2006?
Some are below. Do you know him? This is Alexander Litvinenko, a Russian spy (SVR, Russian Civil Foreign Intelligence). Poisoned by MI-6 in 2006. The poison contained Polonium-210 salt.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Mully, so you think this is the solid gold real deal as opposed to the 24 hours of hogwash we've been treated to prior?

NEWTOWN, CT - The Sandy Hook school principal and another staffer were killed after lunging at a gunman who forced his way inside to begin a deadly shooting spree, the regional school superintendent said Saturday. The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, 47, and school psychologist Mary Sherlach, 56, died along with 4 other adults and 20 children in the second deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

The alleged shooter, 20-year old Adam Lanza, was found dead at the scene, and his mother, Nancy Lanza, was discovered dead at their home. Newtown school superintendent Janet Robinson told reporters that the two educators and other staff members had put themselves in harms way to protect children once it became clear the school was under siege.
"The teachers were really, really focused on saving their students," Robinson said.

Police on Saturday said evidence recovered at gunman Lanza's home may provide a motive for the massacre. State police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance declined to provide specifics about the evidence but said, "we're hopeful it will paint a complete picture."

Authorities say Lanza killed his mother at their home Friday morning before driving to Sandy Hook.

Armed with two semi-automatic pistols, Lanza rapidly sprayed bullets in hallways and classrooms. Lanza killed himself before police officers could reach him. Lt. Vance said all the bodies were removed from the school overnight.

A medical examiner is expected to release the names of the victims later today. Police have assigned a trooper to
support each victim's family in the days ahead. Vance asked reporters to respect the families' grief and privacy.

"This is an extremely heartbreaking thing for them to endure," Lt. Vance said.

Police were expected to release the names of the victims Saturday afternoon. Some names were already being disclosed by family members, including teachers Lauren Rousseau, 30, and Vicki Soto, 27. It will likely take investigators two more days to process the school crime scene where it is believed Lanza fired as many as 100 rounds from his guns.

"It's going to be a slow, painstaking process," Lt. Vance said.

That one reeks of laundry detergent, if I do say so myself.

No. It's not a solid gold deal. We aren't going to know all of the answers to your questions for months or even years, and even then we probably won't know the most important: why?.

The fact is, we need to stop acting like there's always a conspiracy. This isn't a Michael Bay movie.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully

I'm not arguing semantics with you. You clearly stated that the CIA would then control the sale of these weapons and then sell them to the bad guys.

Criminals are going to find alternative ways to kill someone, whether that be purchasing an illegal weapon or tampering a legal one.

Then why ban any weapons? Your logic has just gone a full 180°. Thanks.

P.S. You are arguing semantics with yourself, it's been clear to me since you twisted my comment that you were very confused.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Well surely they know whether or not they found a body at the 1313 (interesting numbers) Grant St. was it?

Yeah, and 1212 would have been an interesting number. And 1111, and 2323 and 0666 and 1001 and 3333 and on and on. There comes a point where healthy distrust crosses over into a delusional view of reality as this thread certainly shows.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I own that particular weapon because of defensive purposes and the occasional range shooting out on Long Island. It's also a weapon that would still be protected under the Federal Assault Weapons ban. Too bad if you can't keep your precious AR-15 with a telescopic stock and twenty round magazine. I'm sure you'll do fine with a simple AR-15.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by timesacomin

Originally posted by MisterMaster
reply to post by jefwane

Virtually the same and the same are comparing apples to oranges my friend. Everything I posted about Connecticut gun laws is straight from NRA.com.

While there many many reasons she could own such a weapon, one of those is hunting because it is illegal to hunt any game with that caliber in that state.

Im just using common sense here. Fact is, your thoery about how they "could be" the fathers is just that....a thoery...just like mine. Most older women just do not hunt. Most older women do not just purchase Armalite rifles.

The only thoery out of the plethora of ones floating around about her AR I feel prepping makes far more sense than this lady stapping herself with an AR15 and two 9mm pistols to hunt coyotes on the weekend lol.

I wasnt saying she hunted coyotes. however she could if she wanted to. i was just showing an actual reason to use/have these types of weapons in the world/available. everybody keeps wrapping the world up into one solution, which is to ban guns, or ban assault weapons. because their too lazy to discuss in detail, anywhere, about the actual problem, or an actual solution. the fact is, she could legally buy an ar-15, and legally own it. (from my understanding of the local laws) so under current laws, the fact that she has it is irrelevant to the event at hand. her purchasing it or owning it didnt cause the problem. her not securing it properly from some mental case, could be the problem though. so the discussion in the thread about why she should or would have the ar-15 is just pointless and dumb. unless she bought it illegally in a back alley somewhere, our time could be spent finding other info out. like maybe finding out how it was secured in the house, why/how the shooter had access to it.

oh my goodness, now mom is a prepper so the feds can have more ammunition in their fight to disarm us. They have already put preppers on a watch list. Maybe they got to the kid .... mkultra and what not.
I thought yesterday someone posted that assault weapons were banned in this area and purchase of guns in other states illegal, soooo how did mom get her assault weapon? And if mom was on a watch list likely she was being.... watched.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

First, noone stated any of what you said. It was a thoery as to why this woman had the need for an AR15.

Furthermore, I did your research for you and assault rifles are banned in all 50 states. The AR15 is not an assault rifle which is something advocates for control always get wrong.

You can own an AR in all 50 states.

Since it IS illegal to hunt with an AR in Connecticut, some of us were speculating.

Maybe not MK ultra, but I believe it wasnt too long ago we heard Obamas COS Rahm Emmanuel say,"never let a good crisis goto waste"

We are not bad for theorizing such things, the LEO's and government officials hell bent on power will use this to their advantage regardless if you think they should or not. Agendas will be progressed under this problem,reaction,solution society. Its just the Capitalist way...make money off other peoples misery.

Perhaps its time to remove the rose colored glasses and call a spade a spade?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I have not been confused once. According to you, banning assault weapons would prove futile because the CIA would just sell them to the black market to put them back into the hands of criminals. I argued that even if that happened we would still have a police force that could deal with them.

Banning certain weapons puts restrictions on how a person could defend themselves. There comes a point where an AK-47 with a pistol grip no longer becomes a defensive weapon. Under the current law, this is completely legal, however under the Assault Weapons Ban, it'd be completely illegal.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Mully because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The official line is moving again:

Posted on December 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Updated today at 3:05 PM
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) -- A medical examiner said all the victims of the Connecticut school shooting were killed up close by multiple rifle shots.
Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at a news conference Saturday the deaths are classified as homicides. He said he believes “everybody was hit more than once.”

Except here is video of a rifle being taken out of the trunk of the car the suspect drove to the scene:
www.youtube.com...=25

So now they have TWO rifles discoverd at the scene!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

Too bad it's not gonna happen

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Mully

Too bad it's not gonna happen

It's going to be reinstated in the next five years. I can guarantee that.

link   

I have not been confused once. According to you, banning assault weapons would prove futile because the CIA would just sell them to the black market to put them back into the hands of criminals. I argued that even if that happened we would still have a police force that could deal with them.

Ah, so you are saying that the criminals will FINALLY be dealt with before tragedies like this happen. I got you now.

*rolls her eyes*

link   

Originally posted by ffman

reply to post by roguetechie

I don't see why the assault weapons ban, the institution of a psychological background checks, and the elimination of gun show loopholes should not be considered. I know it wouldn't have stopped the shooter in this situation, but a psychological background check and the elimination of loopholes would have stopped or flagged Klebold, Harris, and Holmes.

Gun guys can still have their guns, but what's the need for a citizen to arm themselves with military grade weapons when most of them are not trained to handle such weapons.

Agreed - great point.

Why does anyone need an assault rifle in their home? Plus, it's astonishing how easy guns can be purchased from private dealers at gun shows.

www.reuters.com...

why do people in a community think it makes sense to put all their defenseless kids in one building and not expect something like this to turn out as bad as it did? especially after knowing that this crap happens.

i mean come on, you store your money in a bank in a massively secure vault, some have armed guards, yet you throw your kids in a plain old building that barely has any security at all.

you live in a gated community, yet your schools parking lot is open to the nearest road.

you pay tons and tons of tax money to make sure criminals are secure, safe, and well fed in their prisons, yet you let your defenseless kids go to a public school with zero security, or the security they do have is some lady at the front that buzzes people in and out of a glass door.

and the only idea you have to stop the problem is passing anti-gun laws and making schools gun free zones, and guns illegal, so that the people in charge of making sure your kids aren't harmed during the day while they are in the school buildings are defenseless too.

you get guns banned. big deal. there are already guns everywhere. and we have free flowing weapons coming across our borders both ways.

you honestly can sit there and really say that we should ban automatic weapons, and that solves the problem.

are you kidding me.

we cant even keep large assault vehicles and helicopters full of armed mexican troops and drug cartels from mexico crossing the borders into the USA on a daily basis.

seriously.

on top of that. people think banning guns period like the UK is going to work. ALL YOU PEOPLE FROM THE UK have you looked at a map. you are surrounded by water. did you think about that. you are cut off from other countries by seas and oceans. THE USA has two major HUGE land borders against two different countries. guns can be smuggled in either way, but its a lot easier with land borders. not to mention LOOK HOW HUGE WE ARE compared to you UK people.

do you people put any thought into your anti-gun crap.

fix the borders, increase security. maybe we can talk in the future.

i know we are still talking about kids who go crazy who use legally purchased guns and not the criminals who buy guns in dark alleys. you have to remember though, these mass shootings happen in places concealed carry permit holders arent allowed to carry, and places where everyone is defenseless (due to laws). and the majority of the time, the shooters have mental issues people already knew about, and their freaking brains are being altered with prescription drugs. thats not a conspiracy, thats a fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by timesacomin

People that live in gated communities rarely send their kids to public school. They go to private prep schools, where there is better security, lower student to teacher ratios etc etc.
edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 15:23:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MotherMayEye

Ah, so you are saying that the criminals will FINALLY be dealt with before tragedies like this happen. I got you now.

*rolls her eyes*

Tragedies like this are unfortunately always going to happen. To do nothing about them is a tragedy in itself. What do you propose we do to stop something like this? Guns for every newborn?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What does it matter..
there are probably more illegal guns in America than legal...and lets face it...Timothy McVeigh didn't use a firearm....
If you are mentally imbalanced you will find a way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by Mully

If you really want to see incidents like this stopped you will fight as hard as you can for universal concealed carry reciprocity agreements as well as bills overturning the federal ban on carry in schools, especially for teachers.
Personally it is my belief that we entrust the school system with the lives and minds of our children and they should take that seriously by arming and training teachers to defend our children should the worst happen.

I agree with this. Why not set it up like ongoing training for teachers. Let the ones that want to take the classes take them & let them legally carry in schools. Go as far as putting a small gun safe in the classrooms that only the teachers have access too. It would not be that hard to do this.

Post armed and trained guards if it comes to that but the idea of arming elementary school teachers is inane. It's the gun lobby's "everyone is armed and polite" argument pushed into the realm of the ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just watched the live press conference... instead of reading out the names of the deceased, they handed out a list... watching the media people behave like animals by shoving each other to be the first person to get their grubby hands on the list of dead children was just... gross.

They'd rather blab out wrong info and potentially put someone in danger than to wait until the police have done their jobs and are able to give correct info. They better leave the families of the victims alone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
What does it matter..
there are probably more illegal guns in America than legal...and lets face it...Timothy McVeigh didn't use a firearm....
If you are mentally imbalanced you will find a way.

Absolutely. Criminals and crazies are always going to find a way. That's just an unfortunate part of human nature. However, we've come to a point in civilization where we can put limits on certain things to restrict these types of incidents from happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join