It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Illuminaughty8

and there was a similar situation following the Aurora shooting as well.
(3 of them reported in link)
www.csmonitor.com...

The MO of these two attacks is eerily similar. Both shooters have fathers whom are well connected to the banking industry. Both have instances of similar plots scheduled to be carried out the same day, yet none of the other plots were actually carried out (contingency plan?). Both have early accounts of a second shooter. Neither make much sense from a logical perspective. My gut tells me they are connected

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion
This is the creepy killer portrait that will forever be used from now on - unless they find one of him posing with guns.

Another weird detail, not sure how reliable though...

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

If this part is true, this could confirm the autism/aspberger connection. A lot of these child either feel too much pain, or no pain at all.

Signs or Symptoms of Aspergers

- might be oversensitive or undersensitive to pain

That's IF this person is speaking the truth and the media is reporting correctly for once.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The kids not running away is not indicative of anything IMO, sometimes fear and shock can render a person motionless and as for the debate about what constitutes close range, he was obviously close enough to all of them and effectively had them cornered in a classroom to cause the damage that he did.

Also, in terms of the news reports and contradictions etc, that's the price we pay for the 24/7 media onslaught that has taken over, no longer do reporters, news stations etc wait for the full facts to emerge before reporting, they just turn up at the venue, en masse, reporting anything and everything they can and it becomes a bit like chinese whispers, so facts do get distorted as reporters are not checking information for accuracy before reporting it live, and more often than not, rumour, supposition and hearsay become fact, until it is officially corrected and as the majority of the people involved are probably still reeling from the shock and horror of what they have witnessed, are not in a position to refute some of the media's claims

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by triune

Originally posted by delusion
This is the creepy killer portrait that will forever be used from now on - unless they find one of him posing with guns.

Another weird detail, not sure how reliable though...

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

My first question this tragedy and all similar mass murders is, what part did prescription medication play in this person going beserk.

This will be a closely guarded peice of information. We cant have people knowing that 'medicine' can turn a person into a maniacal killer.

If he had aspergers and had behavioral problems because of it, chances are he was on something MUCH stronger than SSRIs. He was probably on something similar to what my daughter is on, stuff like bipolar meds. It's usually what they give to children and adults with autism and aspergers. Here's a list of medication commonly used to treat children and adults with autism....

Autism medication list

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
One side effect of aspergers is the person may be especially sensitive to mind altering medications such as anti-depression and anti-anxiety medication. I believe the same effect would hold true for mind controlling drugs.

Symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome, Page 52

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I remember shooting drills we would do in elementary school, the entire class would hide in the corner away from the window.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don't forget the shooter was in the classroom, not shooting through a window, so the "shooting drill" would just leave them all like sitting ducks

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Maybe I can help clear that up, it was said the ME requested photos from the parents to make id's not the other way around.
Instead of leading parents through and seeing all of them until you saw yours.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The SigSauer pistol has become a Sig rifle. So if a rifle was left in the trunk of the car, he only took two weapons inside the school? The story keeps evolving....

link   

Originally posted by Illuminaughty8

I remember shooting drills we would do in elementary school, the entire class would hide in the corner away from the window.

Ours was the cold war "hide under your desk" bomb drills. I remember walking home to the Friday noon bombing raid testing siren. (Okay, now I'm just showing my age... LOL)

link   
The two things I got from this devastating incident:
1) There's something that NEEDS to be done about the guns, USA is just too gun crazy and sht like this will continue to happen if guns are so easy to get.

2) There's always misinformation in the media, in the white house and other agencies when sht like this happen. So people really need to stop making stupid conspiracy theories like Bangazhi.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

I really don't take pictures that news media throw up, usually they are selected on bias.....just take Omar Khadr and Travyon incidents - they used pictures of when they were kids.

-------------------------------------

But here is some more information:

Children Were All Shot Multiple Times With a Semiautomatic, Officials Say

www.nytimes.com...

At first that rifle was in his truck and only pistols were found inside....and regardless of this conspiracy stuff, the news shouldn't be reporting anything unless it is confirmed. The story is being changed every 5 seconds, no wonder people think something else is going on.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Morgan Freemans reply is perfect:

TURN OFF THE NEWS!

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Dec 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Connecticut State Police say they will track down and find people on social media who posted misinformation about the case. So when I posted the divorce filings showing they had to do parent counselling from the official Connecticut Clerk of the Court from the publicly available website. Will they go after the clerk of the court? If they say something to me for posting it. I will go after them for the police state and posting of peoples information online by the government. I find it insulting that hell even child care companies are taking there employees information and publicly giving it to wanted clients. And that would be a eight dollar an hour gig but you have to allow all your information to be given away to anyone and every one. What a joke.

The post from the clerk of the court.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Connecticut State Police say they will track down and find people on social media who posted misinformation about the case.

Go after the news media then because they have been pumping so much bull# about this story it isn't even funny,

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Actually it looks like second and third shooters could have been shooting into the windows from the woods.
At least that's what the Medical Examiners report could indicate.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

Mister Master,
You have said you got to facebook before the pages were shut down and have seen shooters, brothers and one other connected to the two.
Is there anyway you can post any of that here?
Would be most valuable to understanding, please if you can post.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Don't forget the shooter was in the classroom, not shooting through a window, so the "shooting drill" would just leave them all like sitting ducks

Sorry if I was unclear, that was the point I was trying to make. I guess the "away from the window" detail was unnecessary and only served to confuse.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

edit on 16-12-2012 by Illuminaughty8 because: Same post multiple times

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been following this since it happened from page 1, and I have to say I hope that they will go after them. I've never seen so much misinformation being put out. It really makes me angry that there aren't very many facts, and everything keeps changing. I don't have cable, had it turned off, so I get all of my news from either ATS, or other places, and I can just imagine all the misinformation being floated on the news about all of this. I don't think anything should come from the media unless it's a known fact. They really should be ashamed of themselves with how they are acting.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join