It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still no snow here in Eastern Canada.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
PEI here,
No snow to speak of. We are definitely experiencing a warming trend. Our grass is still growing. Sure we get some dips in temps but now our low pressure systems, that used to bring tons of dry powdery snow, now quickly turn to slush and melt quickly. More mild temps associated with our lows now. Unsettling, given the glaciers are disappearing at alarming rates.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
New Brunswick here. Well I know for a fact that we get a snow storm around Dec 6th every year.....until now. How do I know? It's a Mom thing. I went into labor for my son 21 years ago and every year we talk about when is the storm coming (had him in a snow storm) and every year around the 6th plus or minus a couple of days we get a storm...until this year.....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I recently watched a documentary on the biblical event of Sodom & Gommorah (not sure if spelling is correct). Anyway two scientist on the episode could prove that the event that unfolded there were a group of meteorites that fell from the sky. They utilized new technology that can depict what astral projections were back in those times. Also it coorelated to an ancient astronomer who also documented the event from many many miles away. It all added up.

Basically, what they said was that because of these meteorite showers that destroyed Sodom & Gammorah, It would have a major impact on the Earth's seasonal changes for thousands of years....

But that eventually each place on Earth would return to its normal/traditional climate. Maybe, just maybe, that is what is going on today. I live in midwest of the US, and ever since I was a child, our winters have become less each year. Especially these past few years.

Just a thought though. I'll see if I can find the episode, It may be on Youtube.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Snow comes in late December for the most part and we have had plenty already. So I think your making mountains out of molehills.
The end of the world is not coming.

Also not getting snow doesn't mean a thing. We had less precipitation for the past decade, but we still get awfully cold.

Things change, it doesn't make it a disaster.
edit on 13-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm in the Colorado Rockies and we have not gotten much here either. Heck, there was a fire still burning not too far from me just recently, not sure if it is out yet, I just know they were waiting on snow to help put it out. We had two or three really light snows in Oct/Nov but nothing since. Last summer was dry, hot and we had gobs of fires. Typically summers like that were always followed with really harsh winters with a lot of snow fall.

So far nothing though. I keep telling myself it isn't technically winter yet and we will probably get the mass of our snow through winter proper and in the spring. Spring is usually our snowiest season.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I've been in Ontario in the summer of '95. I visited a friend of mine who lived there for a couple o' month and afterwards he showed me some pics of the winter months in Sudbury...........i was really amazed how all the snow made the landscape even more beautiful. I will be back for some weeks in the next years (hopefully) and that should be in winter, i must see that by myself.

Saskatchewan is a great part of your country, but when someday in 20-25 years our ways will bring us back to Canada then we'll get an RV and will visit the whole country. C u then

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There is plenty-full of snow here.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
SW England checking in here. Has been dammed cold here since the shedload of rain and consequent flooding in early november. Predicting slightly warmer temps, with more heavy rain on the way (so they say). Not too bothered about the cold. Slightly more worried about the prospect of current flooded fields that are iced up, defrosting with the rains, and causing more flooding. I live on the the river severn, which holds the second highest tidal range for a river in global terms. If you remmber the floods we had here in 2007, you'll know what I mean. The weathers definitely been strange these past 5-6 years, thats for sure!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCanuckian

Actually, in the Maritimes, snow comes usually in November and hangs around till late March or April. Other than a couple of years ago, winters have been drier and warmer overall out east in the laast 10-15 years. It isn't a disaster but it is a change in our weather patterns in this part of Canada.
edit on 13-12-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'd have to say hang in there, weather patterns are about to shift in a week or so, and we'll see a big change from the rather overtly mild weather of the past two years or so.

Also keep in mind the western US mountains just recently had the largest snowstorm ever recorded in the US; somewhere to the tune of nearly 230 inches of snow over four days (18+ FEET of snow!)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I have to say even you might disagree our Toronto is becoming the new Florida. Last year we had no snow, just slight of it.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian

Snow comes in late December for the most part and we have had plenty already. So I think your making mountains out of molehills.
The end of the world is not coming.

Also not getting snow doesn't mean a thing. We had less precipitation for the past decade, but we still get awfully cold.

Things change, it doesn't make it a disaster.
edit on 13-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

I never said the end of the world was coming just find it very unusual.
There is a phenomenon that has to do about the perception of cold and winter being exaggerated from our childhood memories but I forget what that is exactly. Basically, I might be wrong.

But where I doubt I'm wrong is in the fact that snow removal and ski hills are having a hard time because of the lack of snow, or at least that what some in this thread have said and it's been in the news also.

Last winter was reportedly the fourth warmest on record since 1896. It had the lowest national snowfall in two decades, and saw a 15% dip in visits to ski areas by snowboarders and skiers. The 2012-2013 season is also getting off to a slow start, with minimal snowfall throughout most of the country. The big concern isn’t just that ski areas are having a bad couple of years—it’s that conditions for skiing, and for the ski industry as a whole, may be bad indefinitely. Read more: business.time.com...

Source

The local snowhill here is closed and there is no sign of it opening. Last update was about them making artificial snow December 11th but there is still no snow on the hill. It's one of the largest hills East of Quebec and was an important part of our region's economy but has recently seen it's woes being sold three or four times over the past decade. It's not only about the hill it'self but about all the tourists, all the seasonal workers, and just hurting the entire community.

So in that perspective, it already is a catastrophe.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well here comes our snow!

20 - 40 cm (12 - 16 inches) for NB!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We as well in the lower mainland of Vancouver got a slight dusting last night in the city and the burbs surrounding at higher elevations got some measurable snow. Tonight they are calling for a winter storm warning with higher elevations getting 10 - 20 cms (4 - 8 inches) and the city probably just getting rain or a mix but it seems winter has made it to Vancouver

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Yup, we got just over 25 cm's here. Lost power for just over a day as well. We are prepared for stuff like that though so it isn't that big a deal.

Now, it is time for skiing this weekend.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I was so happy about this... unfortunately, forecast says it's suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow. I'd love a white Christmas but I guess that'll only be the case for the northern part of the province.

Still hoping for a white Christmas.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

From NB? What part? Which hill?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Just outside Sussex and Poley, I am part of the Canadian Ski Patrol there.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All Right Snow finally here!

10-15 cm worth of it!!!

Toronto CBC - Link

___

Front of my House.. the plows were quick with their jobs on my part of the city. My road are somewhat clean.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Update... beeing hit by a weather bomb. The news spoke of extreme weather all year but this is nuts. There's about 3 1/2 feet of snow in my front door and it's still falling hard.

Weather Bomb on it's way

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join