It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this e-mail from Best Buy sound strange to you??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
We don't go to Best Buys much any more, but they are always sending us e-mails of their latest sales that they are having or a new gadget that is coming out. I'll glance over it and then trash it. No biggie....

Well I just got one a little while ago, as I'm sure some others probably have, but this was not your typical sales letter. To me, it was very odd..... see what you guys think.

I highlighted the parts I thought were weird:

Dear Reward Zone Member,

The presidential election is over, and no matter how you feel about the outcome, just about everyone is happy we have seen the last misleading TV commercial. Some retailers, unfortunately, did not get the memo—and they are pounding the airwaves with ads that make us feel like the political season never ended. Ugh. Well, at Best Buy®, we stand for something different. Here's our promise to you:

We are dedicated to having the best pricing on the products people care about most, like smartphones, tablets and televisions. And if for some reason we don't have the lowest price, we will match any price on our hardware products, whether that price comes from a traditional "brick and mortar" store or a major online retailer.

Best Buy stores feature the broadest selection of consumer electronics products in the United States.

At Best Buy, you can shop when and where you want: in our stores, online or over the phone. You can even buy online and pick up your purchase in our store the same day.

We have a sales force trained to deliver impartial, knowledgeable advice about all products, to make sure you get exactly what you need.

We will stay with these products for their lifetime with our Geek Squad® services and support.

This holiday season, we will keep the competition honest if we have to, but we would rather spend our time and energy doing what matters most: keeping you satisfied. That is the truth, and that is our promise to you.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely, Shawn Score Senior Vice President of U.S. Retail, Best Buy

Now I know that their stores are not doing very well but I thought that this letter was a tad bit odd. Not the usual type of e-mails that they send us.

I had to laugh at this part:

We have a sales force trained to deliver impartial, knowledgeable advice about all products, to make sure you get exactly what you need.

Yeah, right......which store are the "knowledgeable" workers located at???

And what is up with this remark:

This holiday season, we'll keep the competition honest if we have to

"Honest competition" huh...
Compared to what ---- a "dishonest competition" ??

As I said, pretty strange considering what they normally send out.
Maybe it's a new ploy to get people in their stores.
Got my attention......

[No, it doesn't mean I'm going there]

Curious as to what you think...

snarky

edit on 11-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Translation: "We understand how obnoxious it is when politicians and retailers bury you under a pile of BS advertising.....but seriously, come shop here."

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Their 'in-house' affairs have provided opportunity for other retailers to incite an open public stoning of them, thereby making the others look more shiny and successful.

The scandal, affairs, and finger pointing going on within Bestbuy and other retailers, is consistent with this election year's candidates bashings.

Under Mikan, the company last June paid out $500,000 in retention bonuses plus stock to each of Best Buy's five top corporate officers, including Muehlbauer and Vitelli, to stick around. And then there was Schulze, who left the company when a board investigation determined he had withheld information about former CEO Brian Dunn's alleged affair with a female employee. Schulze, who still owns 20 percent of Best Buy, had never met Joly and did not trust him, according to a source close to Schulze. The source requested anonymity because of Schulze's ongoing efforts to buy the company. However, Joly is starting to win over Schulze's team, the source said, leading some observers to speculate that Joly will remain as CEO in a private Best Buy.

Best Buy Bafoons

Either way, I don't think it presents a confident image of Mr. Score to rake the poo off his shoes in a mass email promising how good they are going to be. Just do it, if the promises make BestBuy more successful, then a better image will inevitably follow.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Translation: "We understand how obnoxious it is when politicians and retailers bury you under a pile of BS advertising.....but seriously, come shop here."

They sure are trying a different tactic than the usual norm....

I don't care much for the mixing of politics along with the "come here and shop" crap.

Just give me the low down on what's on sale.
You can keep the line of BS.

[So glad the election is over with !!!!!!!!]

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Good morning!

Best Buy will do just or say just about anything they think will get your attention and get your business. While some think that Best Buy has the market cornered, at least when it comes to major appliances Lowe's is giving them a run for their money- so they are having to really push the price matching to keep people's business.

Someone close to me has worked for Best Buy for years. Used to the employees really had to study and know their products. They had to attend many training workshops and study huge binders full of info.Some employees really do know their business still, but they are becoming few and far between as they are being systematically replaced with part time teenaged workers who don't study their product, seem to hide if someone looks like they need help, and are willing to work very few hours so that Best Buy doesn't have to offer them insurance or stock options.

What used to be a good company has gone the way of the rest- it's all about that mighty bottom dollar and they don't care about whether service is up to par or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Good morning!

Best Buy will do just or say just about anything they think will get your attention and get your business. While some think that Best Buy has the market cornered, at least when it comes to major appliances Lowe's is giving them a run for their money- so they are having to really push the price matching to keep people's business.

Someone close to me has worked for Best Buy for years. Used to the employees really had to study and know their products. They had to attend many training workshops and study huge binders full of info.Some employees really do know their business still, but they are becoming few and far between as they are being systematically replaced with part time teenaged workers who don't study their product, seem to hide if someone looks like they need help, and are willing to work very few hours so that Best Buy doesn't have to offer them insurance or stock options.

What used to be a good company has gone the way of the rest- it's all about that mighty bottom dollar and they don't care about whether service is up to par or not.

Good morning yourself.....

Back in the day, they did have some employees that knew their stuff.
But any more, I come here -ATS- and post any questions I have in the computer help forum.
I gather the info I'm given and go from there.

I understand that their on-line stores at Christmas time are not up to par with the shipping and so forth, or at least the reports stated such for last year.

I think Amazon is eating them alive...

Many people go there to "window shop" and check out the gadgets and then buy them from Amazon.
They call it a show room floor for the people to look at stuff.
--
----------

[How's the little one doing?]

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Actually I know a couple of store managers at best buys who have worked there for about 10 years each.. They both moved on to lower paying jobs as they saw what was happening..

Those stores are not turning profits.. Just a little info that might put the desperate sounding email in better perspective...

Their business model is broke except getting the insurance policies and installations.. Without those they lose money.

new topics

top topics

join