It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time gun owner here (shotgun), Ammo and Storage questions.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You don't have to be able to drive to purchase a car.
I do think people should have to pass some sort of test or at least be made to watch some little government video about handling, maintenance, legality, etc. To get a handgun you need to pass a very short written test. Never even have to shoot it though. I wonder how many people(like OP here said he will do) are going to get these weapons and then never train to use them properly, just let them rot in their closets until they are used for self defense, a crime or stolen. Good luck shooting someone if you have no practice, make sure not to shoot your family and neighbors through the walls.

So, to the OP, my advice is go shoot the damn thing. Get your family into it, it can be very fun. Find a range or some national forest/BLM land where you can shoot. Go to youtube and google, learn how to take it apart and clean. Go learn the laws of your state and county.

Use your search function for ammo questions. This has been discussed millions of times on the internet, quite a few of those taking place here at ATS.
edit on 6-1-2013 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join