It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US conducted Nuclear Test in Nevada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.straitstimes.com...

www.theaustralian.com.au...

To debunk this
A: Prevent enemy from getting secret technology underground
B: War in Area51(whether it be demons or alien)
C: BBB(bunker buster bomb nuclear version)
D: Failed dangerous experiment that had to be destroyed(but may have made it worst).
E: Developing of new nuclear device which might be used in war(false flag?)

edit on 7-12-2012 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It wasn't a nuclear test. It was a subcritical test, to determine how years old plutonium would react to a conventional explosive detonation. The only thing nuclear about it was that it involved weapons grade plutonium.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree with your assessment. But, as I was doing so, the thought that I felt relieved over the idea that all they did was blow up old plutonium to see what would happen???

Anyone else old enough to remember when TV's weighed about a hundred pounds - and parents tended to sit them on rickety TV trays or shelves? Remember how things went when you decided to experiment with those physics?

Just plain scary!

"Hey, Bob. What should we do with this old fissile material???"

"Oh, I dunno Marty. Wanna blow it up and see what happens?"

Yes, yes, I know. They've got math and science. But still.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It actually IS a good thing that they did it though. It gives them a much better idea of what would happen if some of the conventional explosives in the warhead went off, or if someone set off a conventional explosive around warheads, than just a computer model.

I would love to see nuclear weapons go the way of the dinosaur, but until they do, at least they are figuring out what's going to happen in a slightly better than worst case scenario.

At least we stopped letting rednecks play with plutonium. "Hey y'all! Watch this!"
edit on 12/7/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Well, it is not like there have been loads of studies on what happens if you blast a nuke to bits with normal munitions.
At least very little I have ever heard about. So, maybe someone had a gut-check and asked the important question: "What can we hypothetically expect to happen if Israel blows up a hypothetical Iranian nuke."

Not that I believe Iran has anything but nuclear fuel.

Or if you like the inverse, "What happens if Iran blows the heck out of Israel's nukes... as a preemptive strike?"

M.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join