It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Test Performed in Nevada - They will never learn.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wonder if it was already posted, no offense to the search engine, but....

Anyway, It's important. They call it "Pollux Experiment"....same sh*t, different name.

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Officials at a national proving ground in Nevada say scientists have conducted an underground experiment using high explosives to test the effectiveness of the nation's nuclear weapons.

National Nuclear Security Administration spokesman Darwin Morgan said Friday the Pollux subcritical experiment was conducted Wednesday at the Nevada National Security Site by researchers from the Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories in New Mexico.

Video doesn't tell too much, must say.

www.youtube.com...

Related to that experiment :

Hiroshima: Mayor of Hiroshima city, which suffered the world’s first atomic bombing, on Thursday condemned the US for conducting a subcritical nuclear test, saying it went against the global call for elimination of nuclear weapons.

Reacting to the nuclear test at an underground site in Nevada by the United States, Hiroshima Mayor Kazumi Matsui told reporters that it ran counter to the global call for elimination of nuclear weapons, Kyodo news reported.

www.ktnv.com...
www.firstpost.com...

And we got the face to tell others not to use them ?

Our dear Mother Earth is gonna get mad again. Don't ask why when see volcanos erupting and earthquakes all over.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Vid links are not working

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, dont know why. Help me :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What is their malfunction? What are they thinking??? This has to happen on December 7th of all times?! What is scheduled for December 21, I wonder? Maybe the De-orbit burn of a BIG Satellite ...just ignorant of the pure coincidence to what people will be VERY touchy about that day!? I mean this tone deaf crap has happened so much now and so openly, I'm speechless.

Today is a mixed day, in my view. It's a day of remembrance to those lost in Pearl Harbor on one tragic day the brought our nation into World War. On another hand, it's impossible NOT to directly link that to how the same war ended...whether one sees that as right or wrong. Not the point here.

So...... On this day of dual meanings and somber remembrances ...What does Uncle Sammy figure NO OTHER day can possibly work for? Why a nuclear test at the NTS.... Sub Atomic of course, although I'd still be curious how Russia sees this. Is it 100% inline to the Arms Reduction treaties and test limits? Ahh.. Who cares..right? No one else seems to these days. Why should we in the public?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I agree that the video doesn't show much....Sounds about like a gun going off.

edit on 7-12-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

The CTBT (Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty) allows these underground explosive experiments on plutonium as long as they don’t sustain a chain reaction, however the U.S. has not allowed international inspectors access to its test site since the late 1990s

Right.

Hypocrite much ?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I see it's been fixed. Looks like whatever it was it was done in a controlled environment.
edit on 7-12-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: Video fixed...removed imbeded video

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

First thing that came to mind. NOW? They had to do it now. It's things like this that will make something happen.

Pollux, isn;t that the medical term for thumb?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yes search does not work when your typing, glad to see this get on here regardless.
Here is another newslink: Global Research- Pollux: Subcritical Underground US Nuclear Explosion Test

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have to admit, at the risk of looking somewhat stupid, I really don't understand what I'm looking at in this video. For someone who doesn't want to spend a whole lot of time trying to dig into what happened and what all was involved with this test - could someone briefly summarize what the test was for and what exactly they did?
Thanks.

Edited to add - Nevermind. Thanks Novaroc.
edit on 7-12-2012 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Me too I was expecting a big explosion but just noise and a bang.
Wtf is that thing

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

Well once you get past the hate in your 'source' (the author's email is 'nuclearcrimes@....) and get to the REAL information, the actual press release says this-

Subcritical experiments examine the behavior of plutonium as it is strongly shocked by forces produced by chemical high explosives. Subcritical experiments produce essential scientific data and technical information used to help maintain the safety and effectiveness of the nuclear weapons stockpile. The experiments are subcritical; that is, no critical mass is formed and no self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction can occur; thus, there is no nuclear explosion.

In my opinion it seems to have been a reasonable thing to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Reasonable thing to do..I agree...on the OTHER 364 days of the year. Did they have to pick this day? I think that's what blows people away. I guess there is one day of the year which could have been worse for the slap across Japan's face...and really, that day for this would have been a HARD slap they'd have almost had to respond to with a statement. This isn't that far from it though.. Wow.... Buy some Calendars for those guys. 3+ trillion a year in federal budget doesn't seem to supply those with dates noted for deep international meaning and importance.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Dude, the test was performed on the SIXTH. Not the seventh.

Some folks are making WAY too much about this test IMO.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Dude, the test was performed on the SIXTH. Not the seventh.

Some folks are making WAY too much about this test IMO.

Well.... Oops.... I'm glad I'm not alone in misreading it.. OUCH...and I did read over ...err..over..both stories. I was locked on date line though. Both today. I don't feel so bad though, since we both got it wrong.

National Nuclear Security Administration spokesman Darwin Morgan said Friday the Pollux subcritical experiment was conducted Wednesday at the Nevada National Security Site by researchers from the Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories in New Mexico.

Thats actually the 5th...not the 6th and sure not the 7th. (Wipes egg off face before sitting down to a plate of humble pie.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Give me one good reason to believe them, I can give you many reasons to not believe them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The humble pie is pretty good today, isn't it? I like this ice cream with mine. Want some?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

And we got the face to tell others not to use them ?

Yep.

Ridiculous huh? And our Govt wonders why other countries don't wanna listen when we tell them not to mess with Nuclear weapons... Well maybe it has something to do with the hypocrisy they spew on a regular basis...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Montana

Give me one good reason to believe them, I can give you many reasons to not believe them.

Sigh....

'Believe them' about what? That the test was subcritical? You DO understand that actual nuclear explosions are detectable world wide on every seismic instrument in place? If this had gone boom, there would be no hiding it. Get a little perspective here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

reply to post by Montana

Sigh....

'Believe them' about what? That the test was subcritical? You DO understand that actual nuclear explosions are detectable world wide on every seismic instrument in place? If this had gone boom, there would be no hiding it. Get a little perspective here.

I will use simple words: If other country does it, we invade them. We do it, don't worry.. It's just another super cool experiment. Don't need to be a nuclear weapons expert, get moral values in first order. Besides that, notice it wasn't announced by mass media, you found out in ATS.

But the most important reason to go against this is the love and respect for our Mother Earth, this stuff hurts her.

It's sad to have to explain all this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join