It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No, this is not a post about the FBI surveying this site.

I have seen a few posters have stated that they are police officers or have members of their family who are police officers. I was wondering if any ATS member who is a police officer, or who knows a police officer in the US can confirm or deny this:

Recently I saw Alex Jones documentary "9-11 Road to Tyranny". In it was shown training pamphlets regarding terrorists in the US that are supposedly distributed to police officers in certain states within the United States. These pamphlets train officers in what activities and ideologies are considered possible signs of terrorist activity. . (Sorry, I couldn't find a ref on the actual site to post a link for.) The activities, among others, incuded "home schooling ", and those who refer to or quote the Constitution of The United States or The Bill of RIghts as a defence of their freedoms.

Again, can any police officers confirm or deny?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hello! New Member Advocate here to help:

Here is the search return for "Road to Tyranny"

It may hold some answers for you.

This one is more specific to your query on the subject:

Road to Tyranny AND police AND training

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Of this booklet I can not speak, but I can tell you of my personal experiences.

When dealing with pigs that clearly and blatantly break and abuse the law and their authority and are called on it, you are referred to as a trouble maker or constitutionalist-like the later is a bad thing.

Cops may not believe it or care, but the constitution is what this country was based on. It truly sickens me to see what the "little Nazi�s" try to do everyday.

I love my country and what it is supposed to be.

No it is not love it or leave it-that is the coward�s way out.

I love my country enough to try to fix some of the wrongs I see. The first step is to make the general population realize what is right and what is wrong. They have the guns, we have the numbers and the vote-lets do something about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think its more of a natural reaction than a trained one to single out people who know their rights and such. Often times the power of the badge will go to an officers head, leading them to believe they are smarter, better, more important, etc than the normal person whom they serve. I dare say on the whole most dont know alot about their legal rights, or any other legal topic, and those are the people police enounter the most so when they pull someone over for a BS reason and the person calls the officer on it, they get miffed because they have this built up idea that they know more than a normal person. Besides its alot harder to intimidate and coerce(sp?) a person who knows their legal rights and is current on the law.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Of this booklet I can not speak, but I can tell you of my personal experiences.

When dealing with pigs that clearly and blatantly break and abuse the law and their authority and are called on it, you are referred to as a trouble maker or constitutionalist-like the later is a bad thing.

Cops may not believe it or care, but the constitution is what this country was based on. It truly sickens me to see what the "little Nazi�s" try to do everyday.

I love my country and what it is supposed to be.

No it is not love it or leave it-that is the coward�s way out.

I love my country enough to try to fix some of the wrongs I see. The first step is to make the general population realize what is right and what is wrong. They have the guns, we have the numbers and the vote-lets do something about it.

I am not a police officer. I have quite a few friends that are however. None of them are "little Nazi's". It pains me to hear people say things like "pig" in reference to ALL OFFICERS. Some are, don't get me wrong, they can bet egotistical and their badge has gone to their head. Not all though. Some have a genuine desire to help people, and to do the right thing. For every media story we see about a cop screwing up, there were 400 other cops in their dept. that day that did the right thing. They got someones car back. Stopped a burglary, solved a murder, helped a strandid motorist, or began cpr on someone until EMS arrived. Just don't be so naive to lump all people of a profession under the same banner. Especially since, according to you, thats what the "Pigs" are doing to people who know their rights.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe that is why we have not seen the homeland security around lately they are monitoring ATS

Val thanks for that link I was amazed at the search results that we show on searches so strong on that subject I will not be surprised if we indeed are been monitored.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

As opposed to "pigs" that do not? That's pretty ignorant.

"Cops may not..." Try adding SOME to the beginning of that statement to avoid generalization and labeling every Officer as a "Pig" or "Little Nazi," unless ignorance was your intent.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately in the REAl world it is far more that act this way than do not.

IMO, it is clear that most "cops" are criminals.

Let me give a simple example, if your witness a crime or even know about it and don't report it you are guilty of the crime "after the fact".

I am willing to bet that 70% + of cops are guilty of crimes in this manor. They witness other cops committing crimes of one form or another or know that they did and do not report them.

Of course cops don't want people to know their constitutional rights-an informed person is harder to abuse and more likely to do something about it.

I stand by my statement-when cops stop abusing or hiding/protecting those who abuse I will change my mind-but I don't see this coming.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
No, this is not a post about the FBI surveying this site.

I am not a policeman, but I am privately working on a genuine murder case. Unfortubately I am not part of the 9-11 team, but I am interested in its details.

� Diablo is cool.!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I agree it's unfair to blanket all cops as "pigs", "criminals" or whatever. Just as in any walk of life (this forum included
) there are good people, bad people, misguided people, ignorant people, etc, etc.

The scary thing, and what I'm trying to confirm, is the possibility that even good cops are being TRAINED and COMMANDED to class home-schooling, "constitutionalist", and yes, even Christian Americans as terrorists or potential terrorist risk-groups. How many cops do you think stand up in their training, raise a finger and say, "That's not right! I don't agree with the Police Force on that issue. I refuse to enforce that law." ? And even if they did, do you think they'd still be on the force?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"*FBI TRAINING MANUALS THAT ARE BEING GIVEN TO POLICE DEPARTMENTS THAT STATE THAT CHRISTIANS, GUN OWNERS, AND "THOSE WHO MAKE FREQUENT REFERENCES TO THE US CONSTITUTION" ARE TERRORISTS"

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 2004/10/23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I am not a police officer. I have quite a few friends that are however. None of them are "little Nazi's". It pains me to hear people say things like "pig" in reference to ALL OFFICERS. Some are, don't get me wrong, they can bet egotistical and their badge has gone to their head.

im not a police officer either but i totally agree,refering to coppers as "pigs" is not the way forward,its like suddenly refering to mechanics as "wan$ers"just because youve had a bad job done on your car by one induvidual,i would like to state that the police in the uk and abroad have always treated me fairly and nearly all times respectiveley-im polite and never offensive (even when i feel like there going ott) and i have always found that they will soften after a few minutes-imagine having to do their job (especially in the uk,where the law feels like its on the side of the criminal!) the scum and abuse they come up against must get you down!
im not saying there are not those amongst them that feel the badge is power (technically it is though) and sometimes misuse it.

Regards.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Mmm, agreed. There is no way I'd want to be a cop (unless I was a corrupt cop, that might be ok $$$$
)."It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it." The stuff that they see put up with would be enough to make anybody cynical about human nature. And I don't know about other countries, but in Australia, cops aren't paid very well considering the nature of their job and considering they are expected to put their lives on the line for public security if the need arises.

Unfortunately the bad cops spoil it for the good ones, and governments spoil it for police and ordinary citizens by forcing the police to enforce draconian laws.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Obviously MrMonsoon is either a criminal or someone who will NEVER need to call the cops in his life because he's just special...anyways...in regards to recieving Pamplets...no...not atleast where I live...tons of extra training was given...and yes patrol guides were updated...but you cant leanr things really from a piece of paper...most things are common sense...and the rest...or specifics...are learned in training...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well from my personal experience most cops are pigs, and abuse their power regularly(Toronto Cops, OPP and RCMP). Just the other month a couple of undercover cops visited my cousins house and proceeded to tell her father a whole bunch of crap(which I will not go into as it is a private family and legal matter now) which completely ruined her relasionship with her dad. They even tryed to get him to let them search her room WITHOUT a WARRENT. This is just one incident my family has had with the police. I have met a grand total of 1 officer that was not a complete jerk(but he was a family friend so he doesn't really count).

The reason most cops in Ontario are pigs is simple. They believe they are above regular citizens and they act like it. They will also go to any length to make sure that their own officers will not get prosecuted(if a cop wrongly kills somone up here they rarely get prosecuted they get suspended with pay most of the time)

Now for the solution. MAKE ALL COPS WEAR SHOULDER CAMS. And Make sure all Cars have dashboard cams as well(we do not have this in Ontario). Without these pieces of technology being used as they should(ie Keep an eye on the people in power instead of spying on the populace) it will continue to be the thier word vs. the Cops word, guess who wins in court most of the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If undercovers (which by the way they werent because undercovers DONT DO HOME VISITS) came to your cousins house...its for a reason...cops cant go to a random house for no reason and cause trouble...thats against the law (harassment)...you might want to re-think the situation...A) What is your cousin up to? B) What made the cops pick him/her? C) Did they do anything illegal?...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
despite everything i have read in this forum i still see most police as nesasary scum.
the reason i say this is because i have never broken the law not even a speeding ticket, yet whenever i have walked into a police station to make a simple enquiry i alway's seem to get the same response "YEAH WHAT DO YOU WANT" or sometimes they can't even manage that sometimes i have had little more than a grunt and a snarl nothing short of a pig i can assure you.
What is wrong with "can i help you" after all isn't that what they are there for? to help?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
what do you do for a living?...im curious?...people love to judge cops...but most people dont realize that they are underpaided...overworked...and deal with @ssholes more then half the time...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
i'm a butcher and probably have to deal with just as many @ssholes as a police officer has to deal with.
pitty i haven't got the power to be as arrogant as my freindly police officers if i was to be i would be sacked.
All i'm doing is seving out pepoles dinner these so called protectors are so often in the wrong but when they are they get a pat on the back, sacked for being arrogant, praised for beating rodney king god i wish i had that sort of power.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
in nyc...cops dont get "sacked" for being rude...if the citizen wants...they make a ccrb complaint against the cop...which could mean the cop losing vacation time...if a cop does something criminal or against the patrol guide...they can be fired...and it does happen...studys have been done...and the result are always the same...99% ARENT corrupt...thats a high amount...cops are people too and have bad days...you cant honestly tell me that youre nice to everyone who walks into your shop...and by the way...no one was praised for king...if you forgot...a riot happened...and just in case you didnt know (and im not saying this makes it right...but its good to keep in mind)....king was 1) high on drugs 2) with another individual who was also black AND NOT BEAT...and 3) a career offender...just keep that in mind...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
If undercovers (which by the way they werent because undercovers DONT DO HOME VISITS) came to your cousins house...its for a reason...cops cant go to a random house for no reason and cause trouble...thats against the law (harassment)...you might want to re-think the situation...A) What is your cousin up to? B) What made the cops pick him/her? C) Did they do anything illegal?...

Yes undercovers do do home visits. They are called detectives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join