It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO-Arab Syria intervention imminent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
NATO-Arab Syria intervention imminent

Sources close to the French Defense Ministry reported Friday, Dec. 7, that a Western-Arab military intervention against the Assad regime is due to begin shortly with the participation of the US, France, Britain, Turkey, Jordan and other anti-Assad Arab nations. debkafile: The reference is to Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar’s special forces.

Our military sources add that the French aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle carrying a complement of marines is deployed in the Mediterranean, having joined the USS Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group and at least five British warships which are also carrying a large marine force.

In the second and third weeks of November, British and French naval forces, plus 2,600 special ops combatants from both nations, performed landing-and-capture exercises against fortified locations on the coast and mountains of Albania as practice for potential operations against similar terrain in Syria, where the Alawite Mountains loom over the coastal towns of Latakia and Tartus.

The troops landing there would head for the Alawite Mts. to prevent Assad and his loyal units from retreating to his mountain stronghold and fighting on from there - as he plans to do if he is forced to flee Damascus.
French sources told Le Point magazine that the NATO mission for Syria, including the UK and the US, would be modeled on the Western intervention in Libya in 2011. It would combine an aerial blitz with ground action by special forces for destroying Assad’s chemical weapons stocks, his air force and his air defense systems.

debka.com...

US, French Troops Prepare For Syria Invasion In Response To "Chemical Weapons" Threat
www.zerohedge.com...

I have to admit this is no surprise to me, i have been able to corilate all of these mideast actions and predict the timing of them, also the order of the attacks. I have not mentioned it here before but this is very easy to predict and which targets are next. Look at these and i say these last few attacks as pre battles with Iran, cutting its allies off at the knees one by one, and the timing of them couldnt be any easier. look to the moon phases, this will tell you when actions are going to happen, Gaza attack happened during a lead into new moon phase , this syrian attack is leading into a new moon phase and will happen during. The reason is obvious, the West has all the night fighting ability, the lower the light the better for Western forces, and Syrian forces which may have some night fighting capabilities but nothing comparing to the Western forces.
edit on 7-12-2012 by 1947flxible because: Additional article

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is there another source on this? I'm interested...and I have a lot to buy and prep for if the signs really are showing imminent action...in advance...and so all sides can be all nice and prepared to kill each other on first contact. It's not often you'd have an air and amphibious operation running where the people being attacked can read all about the details, days in advance.

It wouldn't shock me....I'd just want another source before I change any of my buying habits to reflect the short term I expect when that end of the Med lights up for real. Thanks!
edit on 7-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Well, I was really hoping for Russia to step up here. It appears to me that an agreement has been made with the spoils to be divided up. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well I know it is Debka but really the signs are on the wall with Congress adding language to the NDAA and then asking DOD for plans. It may not be with the next new moon but it is coming.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Oh, agreed. This is set to happen....I don't doubt that. It's been an event in the making now for over a year and starting with the "peaceful" protests in Homs we all may recall in the first days.

What brings me up short is the level of detail ..or.. ANY detail whatsoever being talked about on it. This is like discussing the whole disciplinary plan for your kid....without bothering to notice he's in the room listening and making notes. lol....

The whole thing is a bad idea but telegraphing how and almost when ...particularly HOW though...makes it a whole new ball of wax though.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not going to happen. The biggest response you will get from the west if Chemical weapons are used is airstrikes and a no fly zone. Nobody will put boots on the ground. This so called plan makes no sense and does not reflect the miltary or political realities of the situation. I can not speak to the intentions of others but, the US has been desperate to do whatever it takes to stay out Syria. Only the use of chemical weapons will push them to the point of doing anything and then it will be the more symbolic than any real engagement. I wonder if Assad thinks back and says maybe I should have offered some reforms, I suppose not he most likely is sheltered by yes men and thinks things are going great.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I agree with you in saying that it makes little sense...

However, Clinton has been absolutely unambiguous about the fact Assad IS GOING to be replaced. One way or the other and basically, whatever it takes. He won't be in that chair a day longer than necessary. I don't know where the hands off idea comes from on Obama not wanting to depose and kill Assad. He's in the same Jackpot as Gaddafi was and almost in the same ways for whats being said and used to justify this. Gadaffi wasn't WMD ..he gave it all up years before..as the main difference.

I'd say tho... Clinton, as Secretary Of State, can't have been clearer in statements running now for a few months...that Regime Change isn't if, but when and how.

So I guess if it's not by troops (which is patently insane...but look at Libya. So was that) we'll just keep feeding the forces of the FSA to do the killing by proxy...until they turn their guns and start killing us, anyway. Ala Libya. We never do learn.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Didn't the French Foreign Minister say that the Syrian regime will collapse with in next week?

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

join