It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian bus driver finds $500,000...and turns it in?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If I had a half million I sure as hell wouldn't be riding a damn bus firstly.Secondly what a piece of filth the owner is for his greed by not rewarding the driver.Money can't buy Class obviously.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I could never steal money. Especially half a million dollars. Hell, I stole Wall-E from a friend a week ago and I feel overwhelmed with guilt and I don't know how to give it back without informing them of my stealing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
If I had a half million I sure as hell wouldn't be riding a damn bus firstly.Secondly what a piece of filth the owner is for his greed by not rewarding the driver.Money can't buy Class obviously.

Maybe there were reasons for not hiring a limo. You don't know. The thread really is about, "What would you do" in a similar situation, which is BEFORE anyone knows the reaction of the person who claimed the money.

What I would like to know is, how did 'the authorities' determine the righful owner? And who else did they inform. This guy may not be able to disappear into the woodwork.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I just got called despicable from a person who goes by Evil Santa, I rest my case. Say, am I gonna be on your naughty list this year?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Reminds me of the movie 'Money for Nothing'; www.hulu.com...

Except, he gave it back immediately. I agree with the op, I'd turn it in if it was clearly legit money, but being likely from some illegal activity, I would have personally buried it in my back yard for 2 years. In 2 years I'd dig it up and start using it to pay my credit card bills, little by little, no big purchases, there's almost zero chance they'd find it using this strategy given that you don't make the #1 mistake John Cusack made in that movie, talking about it, I wouldn't even tell my family.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join