It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Top 5 Reasons to like ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here are my top five reasons why I’m a fan of ATS;

1. Real time news…reporting as events are happening. Many times have I found out about a news event on ATS only to see it a while later on the news. You hear it here first!

2. News you won’t find watching TV. ATSers are like real-time news reporters from around the world bringing us the news that MSM won’t. There are just too many interesting news topics found on ATS that MSM are too afraid to touch.

3. The thought-provoking topics and discussions. I learn a lot about many unsolved mysteries and strange events that have always intrigued me. These pages are like an encyclopedia of the strange, mysterious and unexplained.

4. The vast amount of archives and different discussions on so many topics. There is never a dull moment or a lack of reading material. Anything from the past that comes to mind you can pop in a search, find the posts and then get the information, and get many different perspectives.

5. The intellectual people. There are a lot of smart folks on ATS and so many of them are thirsting for knowledge. There are so many people on here from all walks of life, young and old, light or dark, far east or far west, it doesn’t matter. It’s great to be here sharing with you all what we know and what we desire to know.

What are your top five reasons?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

1) To see news before it's news.
2) It's moderated pretty well and not running wild like many other forums.
3) (secret)
4) To see if anyone else noticed something you also noticed.
5) Bacon.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
1. Most of the members are open minded
2. The site is organized very nicely
3. The members dont put up with BS and seem to put ppl in their place when needed
4. It offers up perspective on so many different topics
5. You can discuss nearly anything with little objection

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Top 5 for me? Pretty similar....

#1. Above all is news. ATS usually beats CNN and Fox on major story reporting by 5-15 minutes consistently. From Earthquake to unexpected gas explosion. It holds to form often enough to make ATS New Topics equal in weight on screens to Breakingnews.com and the like for a glance at whats breaking now.

#2 Community! Plenty of people, 24hrs a day and from all over the world! As many good folks as not...like any community is likely to have and with the general intangible rewards that come with any community for becoming established and developing friendships.

#3 The wide variety of content. There is someone out there posting about something so that just about everything has been covered at least once or twice. The archives are like a big encyclopedia that comes with a warning about applying one's own judgement on accuracy.

#4 The insight! I've noticed since prior to making my own account, that ATS draws professionals as well as teenagers and all in between. It'd be interesting if an honest survey could ever be taken, what people here REALLY do for a living compared to what is said or never said at all on the matter. I'm willing bet that if the truth were known, more membership would turn out to have professional backgrounds of varying kinds than one might first think.

#5 Experience. This is 100% personal but 15 years on a truck isn't a healthy thing for social development of any kind. In fact, I sometimes think people in prison had more in that way. They have people around them 24/7..where as a solo driver? The vast majority of the 24hr clock, every day is spent completely alone and self reliant. It's a nice life...but sucks, again, for social skills. I'm not sure what it says to note ATS helps with that...but to note that it's just one of several areas. College among them....but it sure helps!

(Sits back to see why everyone else haunts the place. lol)
edit on 6-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
1. Lots of brilliant minds here - like
2. Lots of wackos - like
3. have learned to be more critical of the "evidence", concerning subjects of my interest - like
4. got introduced to more subjects that I find interesting than on my own -like
5. a wealth of info if you browse older topics, great read if you wanna learn - like

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Great posts you guys. These are some good reasons that compliment my top 10 reasons, lol. Scripter added a couple of good ones, for example, to see if you weren't the only one who witnessed or heard an event, and that's one great thing about ATS is that there is such a large community here, you quite often find that you weren't alone. Also, the mods. I like the mods and how they keep the debates well organized and clean, but I sometimes think they are a little to controlling.

Another good reason by Shneal about the members keeping things in line as well. But, some members do get a little rude at times if the discussion goes against their own thought patterns. And Wrabbit, as usual adds some great insight to all topics.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I agree with your top five, but would add just one more.

I like the T&C's. They keep me civil (for the most part).

If you talk to me in person, I'm a gruff 'ol SOB who swears at times, but ATS makes me concentrate on the civil aspect of conversation.

It's actually bleeding over into my real life.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I agree with your top five, but would add just one more.

I like the T&C's. They keep me civil (for the most part).

If you talk to me in person, I'm a gruff 'ol SOB who swears at times, but ATS makes me concentrate on the civil aspect of conversation.

It's actually bleeding over into my real life.

That's a good thing. These are some lessons we could all learn in our regular lives as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

1.News is usually here first before MSM.
2.Entertainment,many fun threads to play on.
3.Best Mods' on the net*
4.Interesting members.
5.It's Free,no monthly payments

*cookies will be left at the usual place

JAK

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth *

* [color=grey] Sneaks in, grabs cookies, leaves applause in usual place, sneaks out.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
1) My ATS assigned parking space
2) I'm allowed to tape "Dilbert" cartoons on the ATS breakroom fridge
3) Betty from Accounting always brings in cookies
4) ATS has double-ply in the Members bathrooms
5) ATS has Taco Tuesdays!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

NIce
Love it!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Definetly number one. News will show up here first then on the MSM.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
1) My ATS assigned parking space
2) I'm allowed to tape "Dilbert" cartoons on the ATS breakroom fridge
3) Betty from Accounting always brings in cookies
4) ATS has double-ply in the Members bathrooms
5) ATS has Taco Tuesdays!!!

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

That's our NSA affiliate Beez...

We don't let just anybody into our real headquarters...

Pain in the ass with traffic though.

My top 5 reasons?

I only have 1.

The ATS Community.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
1. Reread everything I have seen on yahoo.
2. View slightly askew perspectives.
3. Occasionally put two sense in.
4. Feel better about myself.
5. I invented the question mark.

top topics

join