It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McAfee arrested in Guatemala

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

I listened to the entire Joe Rogan interview and Mcafee does not sound at all rational.

Yeah. He has hundreds of long detailed posts about drugs and sex and pills he is working on.
(His equipment got raided)

He has a 17 year old GF, 50 years his senior, and he's just an old perv.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I listened to the entire Joe Rogan interview and Mcafee does not sound at all rational.

Yeah. He has hundreds of long detailed posts about drugs and sex and pills he is working on.

I think the cheese slid off his cracker a few years ago.

That he thought he would get political asylum when he is wanted for questioning in a murder shows he's not thinking clearly.

He's like the reverse Unibomber.
edit on 6-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If he's a heavy drug user it's possible to have cardiac arrest due to the drugs. Sounds plausible to me - if he's a heavy user then the anxiety and/or excitement could be behind his actions. There is a condition, excited delirium, I think that's the name of it - from use of drugs. That is what this is sounding like to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
***update*** Dec 6 2012, 4:54pm EST

UPDATE: John McAfee was rushed from jail to the hospital after suffering two mild heart attacks, his lawyer confirmed to Reuters. Whether the heart attacks delay attempts to extradite McAfee to Belize isn't clear, but Guatemalan officials seem intent on deporting him. A spokesman for the immigration department said "immediate deportation had been ruled out," but Reuters quoted two other Guatemalan officials saying they intend to deport McAfee. "He entered the country illegally and we are going to seek his expulsion for this crime," Interior Minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla said, according to the Reuters report. Another government spokesman named Francisco Cuevas also said McAfee will be expelled to Belize.

source

Quote from McAfee while in jail...

I am in jail in Guatemala. Vastly superior to Belize jails. I asked for a computer and one magically appeared. The coffee is also excellent. Only time will tell what will happen. No one has a crystal ball. However, I would be truly shocked if I did not conduct the press conference tomorrow as I had originally planned. Stay tuned. I believe, by the way, that blogging from a jail cell might be a groundbreaking activity. Let’s see if it catches on. John

SS
edit on 103131p://pm3125 by Spike Spiegle because: SS*

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

You know, if he really was doing a lot of drugs on a regular basis severe anxiety from abrupt withdrawal actually could induce a mild heart attack. Heck, going cold turkey from some prescription medicines can kill you. I knew a few people who died because of it.

Strange case. It will be interesting to see how it plays out!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Just in the interest of sharing the full story,

Mcafee claimed he was being setup by the belize authorities because he wasn't paying the 'rich people/look-the-other-way tax' the way it is expected to be paid there (unofficial gifts, investments, etc). he claims he gave alot of money directly to the police in terms of equipment, buildings, etc - but because he didn't give the officials the money and let them skim their bit off the top, they started to turn against him - then # got crazy.

Not saying I believe/disbelieve him, but its at least something to consider.
edit on 7-12-2012 by cartesia because: changed wording

edit on 7-12-2012 by cartesia because: changed more stuff. stupid forum rule.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Now comes Bluelight. Bluelight prides itself on being the drug board of drug boards. Stringent controls are placed on posts and members are booted frequently for violations. It has thousands of members. I bet a close friend that I could create a thread in Bluelight and get 1,000 posts, not counting mine. I won the bet. I believe it is the longest in Bluelight history.

I think people here are a bit too fast to jump to conclusions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join