It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed over Downtown Hilo, Hawaii – 3rd Dec 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Interesting UFO Sighting filmed over Hilo, Hawaii on Monday, 3rd December 2012.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Its a shame they get cut off at the most interesting part closer to the camera. But I think thats on purpose because I think these are planes coming in to land.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icey7

I have to agree with EnigmaAgent does look like planes coming into land..also the heavy editing and no sound throws up flags for me.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree. 2 things in UFO videos...if there's no sound, it's so you cannot hear what it really is & so you cannot hear comments in the vicinity by onlookers, and when the video gets caught off, you gotta ask: Why would the camera-person stop recording when the object gets close? The answer? They didn't stop recording --who in their right mind would when they have a chance to solve one of the biggest mysteries of mankind? They stopped recording, or edited the video because it's no mystery at all.

There are videos that are honestly made to make you wonder, and there are videos made that are edited to make you wonder (even tho the object was solved during filming, but the camera-person wants the viewer to believe it is a UFO).

RESULT: This video is worthless to the UFO community.

It just gets me on why some have to try and deceive others, I mean, what's the point, attention? If that's the case, record a song, paint a picture --there's many other honest ways to get attention --attention that is deserved, which for this video, is not.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
while they could indeed be planes, one must ask the obvious.

why are they not so commonplace as to never have been filmed prior to this?

you would think if they were planes people would see them often and therefore not become so alarmed as to race outside and photograph them.

also there are two angles.

there is a lot of editing in this video however, not a good sign there, though i don't see how lack of sound constitutes as hoax evidence.

odd nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

there is a lot of editing in this video however, not a good sign there, though i don't see how lack of sound constitutes as hoax evidence.

No sound indicates that the video maker is trying to hide something as all video devices capture sound .
Maybe he's trying to hide the sound of engines .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

true story there.

but still, why are these people just now filming it?

unless of course it is, as i can only assume you believe, an outright hoax.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

No sound indicates that the video maker is trying to hide something as all video devices capture sound .
Maybe he's trying to hide the sound of engines .

Not all video devices capture sound. Even today there are camcorders that do not feature a built in mic.

Secondly, I do agree that the editing at the most interesting point in the "sighting" strips a lot of credibility from the clip.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Gotta agree.
The airport is a bit of a giveway.

The map showing the airport

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have to agree it looks like an aircraft(s) off in the distance on final to land, and one passing through clouds lighting up the clouds with their landing lights. I saw that last weekend when I was near LAX, it looks awesome when the jets light up the clouds.

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
but still, why are these people just now filming it?

Maybe because everybody knows they are just aircraft, so nobody films it, because it's boring and they see it every day.

Then one day someone decided to make a UFO video for fun, so they filmed the aircraft as they pass through the clouds because when aircraft pass through clouds with their landing lights on it sometimes does look like some type of UFO.

Also, depending on weather conditions, Air Traffic Control might guide aircraft around certain storms or clouds, and temporarily change the flight pattern to something that is not normal for the area.

Edit to add:

Actually, after looking at his other video, and noting his YouTube name is "theyskyufo", and looking at the video more closely, I can see how this could be CGI.
edit on 4-12-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't think it's an extra-terrestrial-controlled UFO. If anything, it could be an experimental aircraft of the government, or as suggested by others, an airplane landing.

new topics

top topics

join