It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kates Morning Sickness Lands Her In Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Kates Morning Sickness Lands Her In Hospital

www.usatoday.com

Britain's Prince William and wife Catherine are expecting their first child, but her severe morning sickness is attracting the most questions Monday.

The Duchess of Cambridge has been hospitalized for severe vomiting, called hyperemesis gravidarum, according to St. James's Palace.

While the condition doesn't typically endanger mother or child, "it is pretty miserable," says Kecia Gaither, director of maternal fetal medicine at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am posting this as a comment on the sad state of American media. Watching the Today show with the wife this morning, I was kind of humored by the fact that the above story warranted sending Natalie Morales to London to cover it.

I get that the Royal family is important to Britain. That's totally cool. And I get that we want ancillary news in the states just to break up the monotony of killing that is reported.

But it would be hard to tell the difference between the US and UK coverage.

So, as some of you ATSers may be asking me, "Why do I care?" as you stroll past this thread, just know that I have the exact same question.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I totally agree with you! I get so tired of people so wrapped up in the royals like they are gods or something??

They are nothing special, but people follow their every move like it really matters. These royals live in a fairytale world, and do not care about the masses that adore them!! (except for maybe Diana and look where she ended).

Stop giving these people your attention as there are so many real problems in the world. They are not deserving of your time.....They are not helping the world solve problems. They are just another distraction to keep you from seeing all the real problems.

end of rant

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Been waiting for this news all day !

Seriously, This is the reason why morning TV shows, are not worth watching.

Star for Making my Morning.
Flag for Morning sickness.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Poor woman, they call it morning sickness but it gets you all hours of the day. I don't envy her life really. I couldn't imagine just going to take a crap and having people take pictures. I'd end up in jail after attacking someone. I need to be alone at least once during the day to recharge. How do you live with someone always breathing down your neck? Urgh.

I hope she is feeling better soon. When I was prego with my son I know the first 4 months were just awful. I would get dizzy, throw up a lot, and just feel like general crap. I had to take these horrid iron pills and they hurt my stomach and my GERD....oh lord it was awful. Poor Kate probably ha s a boy in there. They start driving you nuts early

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Birthing a reptilian can't be easy on the mother. Have a heart, will ya?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That one wasn't fair

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not into the whole "Royal" thing. I clicked on your thread because it talked about being hospitalized for severe morning sickness.

When my daughter was pregnant she had morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy. It was so bad she could keep absolutely nothing down, not even a sip of water. We had to take her to the hospital a couple of times for severe dehydration. Her OB/GYN had to put her on prescription medicine for the remainder of the pregnancy as over the counter and home remedies had no effect whatsoever.

When the baby was born she had to stay in Neonatal ICU for awhile, and was on a heart and breathing monitor for 8 months after she got out of the hospital all because of under developed lungs- one of the possible side effects of the medicine. Thing is if the daughter had not have taken the medicine the baby would have died in utero.

When people think of morning sickness they usually think of an average case: sick in the morning and okay the rest of the day, eventually stopping after a few months. But in some cases it can be so severe and long lasting that it puts the mother and baby's lives in danger. Despite the fact that the mother to be in question for the purposes of your thread is a "Royal" I pray that she does not face such difficulty and will be alright.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

They effect you more than you know, mr man.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

It was wide open. I couldn't resist.

You have to know what David Icke is thinking right now...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
She's probably gone in to be artificially inseminated.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So is morning sickness worst when you are inbreeding? Maybe it's time the in-breeders start carrying their kids for them like how they have people raise them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We have 9 months of this now.

She cant just have morning sickness, she has some rare morning sickness. I was watching something earlier and there were women saying how you cannot work for 9 months when pregnant because of the sickness, so how come i know of no woman who has ever had 9 months off for morning sickness??

Now people are wondering if she is going to have twins...who cares??

Most people couldnt care less what the royals are up to, especially here in the UK. People are more worried about the fuel price increases, tax increases, benefit drops, loss of services, wars, murder...you know, important stuff.

This will push all the real stories to the back of the pile, Syria..whats going on there? Iran...no no no some trollop being up the duff takes president over this stuff!!!

Shes just another woman, she isnt special. Millions of people give birth every year.

They needed new blood, there blood line was so incestuous the future king/queen would have come out with 14 fingers and webbed feet..who needs royalty? They are a drain on society.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Them reptilian babies really take it out of you...

One of mine actually made me barf at the smell of bacon. Evil I tell's ya, eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It isn't that I wish harm on her, or laugh at her illness.

It is just that I don't care about it. Not in the least. A passing note? Maybe. But to fly correspondents into London from NY to cover it? What country are we in again?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Oh I'm in agreement with you on that! Just pointing out that the reason I clicked on your thread had nothing to do with "Royals". Complications in pregnancy is a topic that grabs my attention though.

I rate the "Royals" down there with Madonna and the Jonas brothers!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I seriously hope she doesn't make it out, now that would be a story..

Now grill me as much as you like, mean while around the world:

1. 29 students killed in Syria
  2. Typhoon in the Philippines kills dozens

You know what, I'll leave it to you.

Source

edit on 4-12-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Forgive my wicked sense of humour but how funny would it be if when said child/children is/are born it/they had red hair.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The royals are celebrities, plain and simple. Why was the news buzzing recently about Lindsey Lohan charged with getting in a fight at a club? Celebrities. meh.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

They don't make it a top story unless of course the celebs are arrested on serious charges or dead!, With this 'thing', even an upset stomach is considered breaking news.

"I'm sorry but we've had to move away from the live footage of the children's school in Syria that was bombed, to bring you some breaking news...."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join