It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN calls on Israel to open nuclear facilities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I know I'm not the only that's a little happy that Israel was mostly backed by those who we EXPECTED to back it. At least the rest of the world has a little common sense. On a sad note, mostly all of the major wars since the UN was assembled were initiated by the US -- or if you want to get a little more abstract -- Israel. Not even North Korea. Not Russia, and not China. Pretty amusing imo.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
AP

The U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a resolution Monday calling on Israel to quickly open its nuclear program for inspection and backing a high-level conference to ban nuclear weapons from the Middle East which was just canceled.
All the Arab nations and Iran had planned to attend the conference in mid-December in Helsinki, Finland, but the United States announced on Nov. 23 that it wouldn't take place, citing political turmoil in the region and Iran's defiant stance on nonproliferation. Iran and some Arab nations countered that the real reason for the cancellation was Israel's refusal to attend.

The resolution was approved by a vote of 176 - 4 with 6 absentees . The resolution demands Israel to join the NPT without Further delay . They demanded Israel to open up all its nuclear facilities to be inspected by IAEA. Those who voted against the resolution were : Israel, USA, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau .
Israel neither Accepts nor denies that it has >200 Nuclear Bombs . It has repeatedly denied to join the NPT . On the other hand , it speaks infront of UN general Assembly using cartoon Bombs to tell the world that Iran , a member of NPT , is developing Nuclear Bombs and is the greatest threat to ME.

edit on 4-12-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

I think this garbage is a perfect example of why non-western nations should of never been allowed to join the UN. What they cannot achieve through direct military conflict or indirect terrorism they use the numbers of a hundred banana republics to try and act big when in reality they are nothing more then primitives that where given shiny objects. Butchers who wish to disarm a country they long demanded be "wiped off the map",

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Jews or Zionist ? If they don't seperate themselves, the (real jews) from the (Zionist's) that run the country. Why should I? I don't. And for the record, nowhere did I say Jews in my last post. No where did I say "hate the jews" you did that. I hate the nation of Israel as a whole. There ,cleared that up for ya. Israel is the biggest threat to total destruction of the Middle East and any one else left standing. Including, USA and their new BFF Canada.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Oh god, I really hope they stick this one out. All to often the UN says something to Israel, and Israel just ignores the crap out of them like a disobedient child. I sincerely hope they follow through and inspect them. If for whatever reason they disobey they should be sanctioned. I would vote yes both on the inspection and sanctions.

On another note, I'm so tired of Netanyahu's red line spiel. I really want to make a gif of just a vertical red line in front of the podium. It's perfect, but I wouldn't know how.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There is a simple response Israel can provide:

"Yes, we have nukes. No, you can't take a look."

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Meshakhad

Isn't that essentially what they're saying? To my knowledge, they've never denied, or admitted, to having the things...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The UN is making the argument that it has a right to know whether or not Israel has nuclear weapons. My suggestion was that Israel simply admit to having nukes (you are correct that Israel has never denied or admitted having nukes), and leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join