It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide

www.realclearpol itics.com

"Our current gun culture,"Whitlock wrote, "ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is the mindless culture that grows up around brainwashed idiots like this Bob Costas. You're a football announcer, what makes you think that you have absolutely any idea what was going on in this guy's head? And I love how you come out and say that this never would have happened if he didn't own a gun. Really Bob? Because knives and rocks don't exist do they? This 200lb+ FOOTBALL PLAYER couldn't just as easily strangled this woman?

I'm so sick of everything that involves a gun being used by mindless idiots to attempt to restrict our 2nd amendment. GUESS WHAT BOB?! You will never take our guns. I have no idea if you were paid to come up with that garbage or if you're honestly just that ignorant, but either way you have no business being on the radio let alone the TV.

THE GUN DIDN'T KILL THIS WOMAN! A SPOILED BRAT COWARD GLORIFIED GLADIATOR KILLED THIS WOMAN! STICK TO FOOTBALL BOB!

www.realclearpol itics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-12-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

THE GUN DIDN'T KILL THIS WOMAN! A SPOILED BRAT COWARD GLORIFIED GLADIATOR KILLED THIS WOMAN! STICK TO FOOTBALL BOB!

That's true but if the "spoiled brat coward glorified gladiator" didn't have such easy access to the guns then he wouldn't have been able to do it

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Already posted.... I would hardly call it a rant.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

That's true but if the "spoiled brat coward glorified gladiator" didn't have such easy access to the guns then he wouldn't have been able to do it

To do what? Kill her? You mean a 200lb+ football player couldn't have just as easily strangled this woman? He couldn't figure out how to find a knife? The gun had absolutely nothing to do with it. That's the point.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let's not forget about the crossbow murder that just took place.
This guy would just have used another method to commit this bs.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I would guess that it is way easier to shoot someone than it is just to break their neck with your bare hands or stab them.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I completely agree. There are other ways this man could have killed his girlfriend, easily. I mean he plays pro-football, he's not exactly physically weak. There are also other ways he could have killed himself. So that line of reasoning fails to make any logical sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Did you even read the OP's post? The point was that EVEN IF THE GUY DIDN'T HAVE A GUN, HE WOULD HAVE STILL KILLED. You don't need a gun to kill. What is wrong with you people? Take guns away, and guess what, criminals will still have them. And even if they don't, they will find another way to victimize and kill people. A human being can kill another human being with their bare hands. Are we all going to try and ban hands next? What about feet? Or maybe we should take peoples' teeth away so they can't bite?
The irony in ALL Of this is that if people were paying more attention to what the snakes and weasels are doing behind closed curtains, than they do worrying about the scores of football games, we probably wouldn't even have to worry about our gun rights being eroded.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FaithInSelf

What's the matter with you??? Guns make it easier to kill period, no argument. Are you trying to tell me that if there was tighter gun control, the death rate wouldn't drop?
edit on 3-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bob Costas, like many in the "sports" industry are pusillanimous twits. Costas is about as far away from masculine as a man can get without actually being a woman.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seems similar to other cases of athletes who have been using testosterone therapies and/or steroids.

Combine that with the intense conditioning and stress, it can lead to "roid rage" perhaps combined with repeated head injuries that also contributed to and unstable mental condition... Maybe that is what happened here, maybe not.

Blaming the method used to kill without looking deeper would be foolish.

But yeah, lets ban guns, because no one will do this if they don't have guns right?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Really... Because I just recently heard about a Shooting not long ago that involved a bow and arrow.

Killer used Bow and arrow at attack at Casper College

So whats next.. Bow control?

As a bow hunter I can tell you with absolute certainty, modern compound bows are equally as dangerous as any firearm..

^^ That sucker is as deadly

Now that I've said that... bows are equally as abundant as are crossbows, baseball bats, knives, maces, swords and yes firearms.

In most cases compound bows are more high tech than guns are..

So my point is.... people will still kill other people no matter if they have a gun or not... Compound bows are legal in the UK by the way.. You put a broad head into someone they will wish you had shot them with a firearm.
edit on 3-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They are linning up and creating sides....whos paying off who?
The hysteria has hardly begun to be created yet....The gloves are comming off.....the mailed fist is apparent within....The Goverment will NOT be denied......
Soon youll have every gun owner socially ostricised as a potential nutter....
just wait and see......
If you thought the struggle to keep your liberty and the safety your person with the use of deadly force....
was won .......think again...
The disarming of Americans is a MUST......The agenda of the PTB requires it!
This is the ONE factor, which holds the specter of TOTLITARIAN goverment at bey...
The armed and aware citizen is all that our freedom hangs by these days.....
No longer is there even freedom of speech or assembly!
The writing is on the wall,
PREPARE FOR CIVIL WAR PEOPLE!
The war brought to YOUR DOOR by YOUR GOVERMENTS!
Its time to liase with your county sherriffs and their deputies.....find out where they stand.....get involed in the choice of these men.....
Because there in is the real power and voice of the people.....
In canada, it is time to agitate for local and provincial constabularies rather than opt for Federal Goverment RCMP troops for policing the country......
Far too much power has been usurped by both federal goverments....
In both constitutional frameworks.....
ALL residual powers go to the states or the provinces.....NOT THE FEDS.....
This is the crux of the takeover.....
Now we are faced with the uphill baTTLE OF WINNING back THE FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS WICH HAVE BEEN CURTAILED ILLEGALLY!
THINK ABOUT IT!
I give you an example of the twisted "logic" we are fed...
The air travel searches and intrusive unhealthy scanning of citizens.....
In reality, has an American citizen bombed a flight?
Never!
Why insist on this inhumane demaning treatment ?
Because they WANT you to be used to being treated thusly!
In a single stroke, they strip you of your dignity as a human being, your loyalty as a citizen, and your personal respect.
How many are now sheepishly lined up to be so programmmed?
The psychological attack upon the freedoms of Americans is far reaching and huge in its scope...
It stretches from JFK
To terrorism
From mass mind control, to flouride in your water and the foods you eat.....
er............ rant over...........mad:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

What makes you so sure it is easier to kill with a gun than a knife? Beyond what you just assume or heard from some idiot on T.V.?

You should look at some statistics about gun control and crime. It isn't always the case, but sometimes there are results you wouldn't expect.

For instance, Chicago. Guns are illegal in Chicago, you cannot have one basically. Take a look at their murder rate, and tell me that plan is working.

This isn't a new argument, there are statistics that cater to both sides. It is a matter of using your brain to decide which statistics you want to believe. I firmly believe that taking guns from law abiding citizens does nothing to curb gun deaths by criminals that will procure guns regardless. That much is obvious. I also firmly believe that if someone wants to kill someone else, they will do it regardless of whether or not the can get their hands on a gun or have one already.

Knives, cars, and pharmacueticals kill lots of people every year. I don't see you blaming those inanimate objects for deaths.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I must apologize, I thought the wild west was actually over a hundred years ago, my mistake

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What does that even mean? Does that mean you looked a the statistics for places like Chicago and realized how utterly wrong you were? I am confused.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

What does that even mean? Does that mean you looked a the statistics for places like Chicago and realized how utterly wrong you were? I am confused.

I don't mean to call anyone out, but I've seen these talking points hundreds of times by people from countries that restrict their guns. These 2 "the gun makes it easier" and we don't need guns because "it's not the wild west". I've seen both of those lines posted hundreds of times by people from Ausy and the UK. It's like the media over there constantly tells them these lines so they don't ask questions or something. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by FaithInSelf

What's the matter with you??? Guns make it easier to kill period, no argument. Are you trying to tell me that if there was tighter gun control, the death rate wouldn't drop?

So you don't think someone could go somewhere and kill a bunch of people with one of these?

I bet you they could... Yet these are legal all over the world including the UK..

My guns have never killed anyone.. usually when people use a gun for a crime they have an illegal weapon with the serial number filed off..

You think criminals will care if guns are illegal? You honestly think it won't make their lives a bit easier knowing that they no longer have to worry about people shooting back?

Edit:
Just to add.. This is a broad head called a Muzzy bone crusher.. It's name is appropriate as it will go right through bone. The tip is razor sharp titanium with 3 steel razor blades coming out the side.. Believe me you would rather take a bullet than be hit by one of these..

edit on 3-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I don't mean to call anyone out, but I've seen these talking points hundreds of times by people from countries that restrict their guns. These 2 "the gun makes it easier" and we don't need guns because "it's not the wild west". I've seen both of those lines posted hundreds of times by people from Ausy and the UK. It's like the media over there constantly tells them these lines so they don't ask questions or something. I don't know.

Yeah, you don't know do you? Your government has set a bad precedent over the years, they are armed to the teeth so the citizens have to be also, fair enough.

I would also have to say, that it is complete fact that the murder rates over here in ratio to the states are so much lower. It's not so much the gun loving citizens of America that is problem, it's your government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join