It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Isee1111

Let me be even more clear.

There is a fine but very distinct line between holiness, and assholiness, and between a kind heart and a hard heart, and the final result of that process of distinction leads to either sorrow and despair and hopelessness, or utter joy and a predisposition towards hope and optimism.

The cynic is a loser and loses everything, and the optimist the only active participant in the creative process.

One is dead in the water, the other alive or in a process of transformation of some kind according to the pull of the oughtness of the isness of being.

In my experience there is a very blurry line between the two extremes you use. People can go from being hard of heart, to hopeful, and back again. Life isn't about being one thing all the time. Life changes people, throws them for a loop, and changes them again. Life is experience, not the interpretation of the experience as either good or bad.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yaa...have read some of these posts.... i know what ya mean...guess we are all in our own world...as i think the 20,000 or more theory's and sinarieos of what could happen to our extinction..like a ELE...the idea is right in front of you...Gravity holds us to this rock...and the rock to its...solar system...systems to galaxies...and so forth...like the Spirograph game we had as kids...all the wheels are in motion...as the Mayan calender shows us...we cross paths with other systems...every now and then... probably creating a wave blade of energy... striking us pulling on us..(earth)...creating a disturbance on our core pulling it towards the crust creating havoc....the moon does it to our oceans...anyways i think we can come up with alot of theory's...one thing i do not fear is getting kicked off this rock...as we know its not problem happens to millions every year(160)..or so ...to me its just a door way...last time i came in.. other then getting slapped on the ass by the doctor...it did not hurt...so on to the next experience i say...gotta be even nicer places then this...sure the beaches are great...so is...the snow... sex and the showers...lol...hell i could go on and on...with a wild imagination...is there a big camera in the universe filming our every move to be played back when we leave...only when your eyes are open...and your brain is not on stand by and downloading data...with your eyes open you record every second...hummm...hope no one sees it...could hurt my chances on getting tru the gate...to the next level on Farmville....or is this the last level...oh well game over................good post im sure we will see more and more

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

While I disagree, I do respect your post. At least you are giving statements that reveal your reasoning. I don't believe anything extreme will happen if anything at all, but I suppose we will soon see in the future. You have an interesting perspective on things. Besides, no one knows what will or won't happen. We can only guess, right? Hope I haven't offended anybody--if I have I apologize!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The only event that can happen this December, is the ever so needed (by humans) disclosure by the star people, we will finally understand we are not all alone in this rock. And this knowledge in turn will be the spark that we all desire to start changing the way we live and behave.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
REMEMBER- a lot of what was conceived in the past was SYMBOLIC.

FOR EXAMPLE 2013 could be seen as

20+13= 33

And 33 is a very symbolic number to people who hold high positions within our present culture of control.

13 is also a very symbolic number and for the most part it means to renew or change. The thirteen cycles of the moon within one cycle of the sun has influenced much of our known history.

I have recently experienced a solar eclipse in Australia and the present full moon seen from the North Queensland area is much brighter and longer lasting in the sky than I have previously seen to the point where there was an actual moonset just like a sunset.

To past cultures this would be significant and worth recording. The night and shadows are where the greatest threats lay in wait. This was why the moon was worshiped as much as the sun.

Due to the evolved nature of the Human Minds we are both reactive and reasonable and ATS is a prime example of the often unbalanced influence of one or both.

All significant civilizations have FAILED no matter how advanced they thought they were at the time!!!!.

Sometimes it has been due to coincidental bad luck due to natural occurances, all the other times it has been at our reactive minds justifiably destructive influence.

We can allow fear and anxiety to be our focus or we can be that which we know we are all capable of.

See this time as our ancestors did, a time to renew.

See your present existence as a gift of a direct experience that you have given yourself and you may begin to accept it and yourself within it. Be patient, be amazed, be the you, you know you can be.

See yourself as the earth itself being influenced by the sun and the moon, by the light and the shadows and know that you are much more than you often feel you can be.

Inspiring others to be all they can be is much more rewarding than only seeing in them all that you think they are not.

It is your focus and your choice to decide what you see of yourself and the reality in which you exist.

Submit to it or contribute to it for it is yours to dispise or to embrace, to destroy or to enhance.

You are a living symbol of the planet Earth.

In this you and I and all others are as one while also being able to be seperate and different.

It is much easier to wait for change to come to you than to be the change you know you need.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The reason there hasn't been an end of the world scenario like 2012 is because the world is more connected by the internet. Everyone has the internet on their phones with twitter, facebook and the like. So no for the first time a real doomsday even can spread all over the planet....in days or week, that could not happen ever before. Even Y2K because we were still not nearly as connected as now.

Like the old saying, you tell one person good news and he will tell one or two other people but tell that same person bad news and he will tell 5 or 6 people....WE LOVE BAD NEWS, AND WHAT'S BAD(ER) THAN THE END OF THE WORLD.
edit on 3-12-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

such a long post and yet all i see is "I had a dream & I have a feeling" posted over and over again. Frankly i can't wait until that date comes and goes so that people like you will finally be silenced when NOTHING happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think it's silly to worry about The End of the World. Is there anything we can do to prevent it? If not, why worry about it? Everyone is going to get wiped anyways, so what's the point of worrying? It's sad to see so many people are feeling anxious about a date that they, actually the entire mankind, can't do anything about it. Perhaps people love that feeling, so they want more and more of it? I never understand the "thrill" people get from dwelling over doomsday predictions.

Anyways, I just want to say "I told you so" in advanced. No, the Earth is not going to just magically stop spinning for three days and then start spinning again. For crying out loud, take an intro physics course man. This is really a major faceplam for humanity.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If what you say is true... and it happens to other people as well... why would you not think of that as entering a new age of enlightenment?
You made fun of it, and then ranted on about how acting from your heart is the right choice... so again... if more people do this... wouldn't it be a new age of enlightenment?

here's the quote you wrote:

On the other side, no its not some sentimental garbage about coming together and entering a new age and then we all forget about it a day later and go back to our self absorbed ways, as though coming out of church every week, filling our heads with something we truly wont use.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The end will never come, I have been saying it for a long time. There is a shadow on the sun, how people miss seeing it is not beyond me.

Though resetting cycles is how its supposed to be it keeps the old cycles from stagnating and degenerating as it usually happens. So we shall see, December whatnot is just a date however it really has no significance on anything what so ever, actually that is in error it has some significance. But its about as significant as presidents are significant in world matters, that is only to gauge and transfix the wills of the peoples.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isee1111

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
Are there really those who reject the concept of seasons on a "galactic" time scale?

Yes. Probably everyone except yourself and maybe a few dozen people. Wherever did you get this idea?

The Universe.

Best.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

well i would think a Mayan Elder should have more genuine claim to the knowledge than anyone else but what do I know...

His heritage or ancestry gives this person no special insight. He is a modern Mayan. This person in particular has repeated many new age claims. There are plenty of videos in which this person repeats nearly verbatim things found in books published in North America long before this person stated any of what they state. Just like many new agers with wild and wacky claims they are backing off of the claims as it becomes readily apparent that nothing is happening.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
P.S. I dont even believe in "an event", and if you understood my posts you would realize this.

Thank you for your posts.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

This year is no more pivotal than any year before.
1. Scientific advancements have been increasing every year there is an adequate budget. Government spending cuts and limiting of grants over the last few years have had an impact on research.
2. Every year there are new discoveries and inventions sure to change the world. Not all of them pan out as predicted.
3. The number of incidents has not been increasing. The worst years are over with the tensions of the Cold War gone. You may not be old enough to remember that.
4. The sun reaches a solar maximum every 11 years. Time to hope for some nice aurora.
5. The Earth's magnetic field does not protect again photons. UV is not deflected by magnetic fields.
6. Magnetic reversals are not associated with disasters. No evidence that it affects life on Earth.
7. Economies have been predicted to melt down for decades. Not happening. The frauds making this claim need their heads examined. Or is it those that continue to listen to failure after failure after failure after failure.
8. Magnetic reversals are anything but violent. Where did that come from?
9. Humans are not affected by the feeble magnetic field of the Earth. The field is a static field. People can be affected by strong oscillating fields that induce currents. Migraine treatments may involve such fields.

So basically skeptics like me check the claims and see that nearly everything posted was incorrect. That's what skeptics do. They check before accepting.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isee1111

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Isee1111

Let me be even more clear.

There is a fine but very distinct line between holiness, and assholiness, and between a kind heart and a hard heart, and the final result of that process of distinction leads to either sorrow and despair and hopelessness, or utter joy and a predisposition towards hope and optimism.

The cynic is a loser and loses everything, and the optimist the only active participant in the creative process.

One is dead in the water, the other alive or in a process of transformation of some kind according to the pull of the oughtness of the isness of being.

In my experience there is a very blurry line between the two extremes you use. People can go from being hard of heart, to hopeful, and back again. Life isn't about being one thing all the time. Life changes people, throws them for a loop, and changes them again. Life is experience, not the interpretation of the experience as either good or bad.

I agree with you, but when faced with the dilemma you just chose life, congrats.

I guess what I'm saying is that truth and life can only sustain so much unreality and inauthenticity before something has to crack, and it won't be truth and life, but everything else that is based in ignorance and absurdity.

The time is always coming when our hearts will be measured by life and the standard of love, and we're already always sandwiched in an eternally unfolding predicament of the truth of life and realty, that's the realization and the recognition, which leads in one of only two directions, on the one hand towards increasing joy and one's humor restored, or on the other to the hardening of the heart and the death of the human spirit.

That's all I'm talking about is an eventuality in the unfolding of life's twists and turns, outside of which we cannot survive, but reintegrated within, all things become possible and the spirit of life revivified.

But since we're all deeply connected at the most fundamental level and share the same ground of being and becoming, why would it not come, when it does, all at once and from nowhere in particular?

Am I saying that there's a nexus of judgement this Christmas? No, it happens every Christmas, and each and every day, but there are always these threshold points beyond which everything is either true and real and based in reality, or so out of alignment that it simply can no longer be included or reintegrated, and that is to be lost in eternity, instead of found.

Me I'd be willling to crack and go "insane" to go into sanity, than to be caught dead without the chance of new life and new possibility. This is what Jesus meant when he said that "he who keeps his life will lose it, but he who willingly loses his life (for the sake of what is right and true ie: for my sake) will keep it."

edit on 3-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit typo

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
At the same time he also said "Do not be afraid or let your hearts be troubled, for it pleased the father to share his kingdom with all his children."

So in the final analysis, the only rational and reasonable response to life as it is, is heartfelt gratitude and the lasting satisfaction that we're already included and reintegrated by the very virtue of our own present moment experience.

It's a joyful celebration, but what if you're someone who can no longer be moved by life to really live, what then? How does salt, once it's lost its saltiness, every be made salty again and how can we be made hot or cold if we've already become lukewarm?

Additionally, isn't this the kind of thing that by it's very nature carries with it a certain sense of urgency?

This is why it's called Good News and that it only makes perfect rational sense to say that "the kingdom of heaven is near".

But might it not at some point get ever CLOSER than usual? I think it's inevitable, that process because of the evolutionary nature at the heart of it, which like an arrow slices away everything that is no longer workable or functional.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

You ask if people are aware that the Sun is active. Well, this is a solar maximum. Happens every 11 years and this maximum is a less than average maximum.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It's a WIN/WIN-- many fearful will be prepped and prepared for the next mega-storm, local tornado, or flood...
To some becoming a Boy Scout just came a little late!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I would only say that to those who plan on saying "I TOLD YOU SO" better think twice about it.
Because if you do it, and then stuff happens, its gonna suck to be you. Just sayin' !!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

the sun is in a notable solar minimum.....Please look things up before you post.

That just proves to me you guys are completely clueless about the things you speak of.

It has scientists worried that it may be affecting weather ( we are getting colder). It is actually a pretty big deal. But not because it will spew anything at us, but because it is TOO QUIET. Its a pretty big deal. If you guys were so in the know, you might know that.

please, take a look for yourself. It is actually very well known and talked about. But, if you just jump into things without even an inclining of looking for facts-just a quest for sensationalism, then I have to call you on it.

All that crap he posted was a hypothetical situation. ALL THE EXPERTS in the world agree the solar minimum we are in is projected to end in may 2013, not before.....if it does at all.

If you read what I posted instead of ignoring it for lack of YouTube content, then you would know that....

SO if I post a video talking about meteorites hitting earth you will think they will?

edit on 4-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join