It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

WHERE does it say that the ENTIRE TIME it's color was yellow?... It justs says in that period of 3-6 days tha'ts how it was seen. DO you really not UNDERSTAND that it wasn't ALWAYS yellow?...

Sorry that you are completely wrong.

The comet is yellow. The photos are yellow. No where does it mention yellow.

Did you not read the following FROM YOUR OWN ARTICLE?...

I did read the article. It says yellow. All of the articles I referenced stated yellow.

Do you not UNDERSTAND, are you so closed minded that you can't admit what witnesses and respectable sources have to say when they do not agree with your CLAIMS?... Several people say they saw it in BLUISH-GREY to BLUISH-GREEN colors, but you keep claiming that I made it up...

One person stated bluish when viewed through binoculars while TWO other people in your article reported yellow.

POST PROOF that in the excerpt I provided of those people from Sweden "the mayority said it was yellow" as YOU claim...

Two people in your report stated yellow while one stated bluish. That is a majority.

I have posted several pieces of evidence of several witnesses, and several sources and they all say the comet was seen as BLUISH-GREY to BLUISH-GREEN...

You have 1 minority statement for blue. That was due to the Purkinje effect.

I supplied 3 independent reports for yellow.

Be a man and admit when you are wrong.

Be a man and admit that your itwire article discusses an emission that cannot be detected by the human eye.

You're allowed to be truthful. No need to continue telling lies.
edit on 2-1-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
thedas.org...

Visually, the comet looked yellowish and was visibly less sharp than nearby stars. In binoculars, the disk was readily apparent and looked very yellow.

Notice that the blue ion tail is not visible - especially to the unaided eye.

the blue ion tail (which is visible only in long exposure photographs taken through fairly large telescopes)

Is this finally getting through to you?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

To the naked eye, Holmes appears as a fuzzy yellow dot in the night sky in the Perseus Constellation.

The eye sees yellow. End of story.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.cloudbait.com...

To the eye, it was starlike. But with any magnification it could be seen as an extended, slightly fuzzy object with a distinctly yellow/orange color.

This 1-second exposure made with a Canon 300D on a 300mm LX200 fairly accurately represents the appearance of the comet through the eyepiece. The yellow glow is probably scattered sunlight.

The green glow is probably from ionized gas, and can't be seen visually.

Is something sinking in now? The eye sees yellow. Instruments using long exposure can detect emitted light.

The modern Hopi prophecy which you in error think is old would require you to drop all of the images and descriptions using telescopes or binoculars.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

And you keep going... You still keep presenting how it was seen on OCTOBER, meanwhile several reports that I gave explain that in NOVEMBER to DECEMBER it was seen in BLUISH-GREY to BLUISH-GREEN colors...

You obviously can't comprehend why it changed colors as it became closer to the Sun.

From your latest link...

Tuesday, 30 October 2007, 19:30 GMT

news.bbc.co.uk...

Even sources like wikipedia say that it was seen in BLUISH color in November...

Comet Holmes on November 4, 2007, showing the blue ion tail on the right, taken from Hungary

en.wikipedia.org...

The reason why the comet changed colors is explained by credible and respectable sources.

The colors are caused by ions (charged particles) coming from the comet and fluorescing (emitting radiation [light]) from its interaction with the Sun. Specifically, the greenish colors of the nucleus are caused by charged particles such as carbon ions and the bluish colors of the tail by carbon monoxide ions within the comet.

www.itwire.com...

I can post all day long credible and respectable sources from all over the world which ALL say the comet changed colors, and it wasn't because of some illusion like you keep claiming...

2007 November 10

A Tale of Comet Holmes
Credit & Copyright: Ivan Eder and (inset) Paolo Berardi
Explanation: A beautiful blue ion tail has become visible in deep telescopic images of Comet Holmes. Pointing generally away from the Sun and also planet Earth, the comet's ion tail is seriously foreshortened by our extreme viewing angle. Still, enthusiastic comet watchers have remarked that on the whole, the compact but tentacled appearance suggests a jellyfish or even a cosmic calamari. This stunning view of the comet's greenish coma and blue tail was recorded on November 4 in clear skies near Budapest, Hungary. The colors are caused by molecules in the tenuous gas, like C2 (green) and CO+ (blue), fluorescing in sunlight. In a more recent development, the dramatic inset is a deep image from L'Aquila in central Italy on November 8, showing the ion tail disconnecting from the comet.
Authors & editors: Robert Nemiroff (MTU) & Jerry Bonnell (UMCP)
NASA Official: Phillip Newman Specific rights apply.
NASA Web Privacy Policy and Important Notices
A service of: ASD at NASA / GSFC
& Michigan Tech. U.

apod.nasa.gov...

Even NASA, and other scientists say EXACTLY the reason why it was seen in BLUISH and GREEN colors...

This change in colors wasn't because of the Purkinje effect like you claim...

Not to mention that Waters is/was known to have links with many native American people because his father was native American, yet you keep trying to discredit him, like you keep doing about the color change of the comet...

Nice try, but a big fail...

edit on 3-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

YOU BOTH KEEP GOING!! this thread was high jacked about 12 pages ago.. both of you please.. for the love of humanity take it elsewhere!!.. noone here cares if a comet was red white blue or fuzzy naval... thank you.. geminy christmas!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Speak for yourself. The truth is always important, and the attempts by one, or more members to change the truth despite evidence that their claims are lies is very important.

You don't have to read what is written in this thread. If it isn't important to you why read it?... Or is someone forcing you to read the thread?...
edit on 3-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And you keep going... You still keep presenting how it was seen on OCTOBER, meanwhile several reports that I gave explain that in NOVEMBER to DECEMBER it was seen in BLUISH-GREY to BLUISH-GREEN colors...

You obviously can't comprehend why it changed colors as it became closer to the Sun.

You lie again.

The other 2 observers declared it yellow. Only 1 observer stated blue.

Here is yet another lie to expose.

Even sources like wikipedia say that it was seen in BLUISH color in November...

That color was NOT visible to the eye.

As two of my sources have already stated and I have repeated ad nauseum, the human eye cannot detect that emission.

The reason why the comet changed colors is explained by credible and respectable sources.

At least now you only misrepresent.

I can post all day long credible and respectable sources from all over the world which ALL say the comet changed colors, and it wasn't because of some illusion like you keep claiming...

I only stated that your single observer that mentioned blue was using binoculars and was subject to the Purkinje effect.

All of your posts of the ion tail color refer to large instruments that collected images over hours. None of that applies to observations with the unaided eye.

Even NASA, and other scientists say EXACTLY the reason why it was seen in BLUISH and GREEN colors...

Still telling lies. That color is NOT seen by the unaided eye.

This appears to be too difficult to understand, but there is a huge difference between what an instrument can detect and the human eye.

This change in colors wasn't because of the Purkinje effect like you claim... /quote]
The Purkinje effect applies to human observers in dim conditions such as the only human observer you found who happened to use binoculars.

Not to mention that Waters is/was known to have links with many native American people because his father was native American, yet you keep trying to discredit him, like you keep doing about the color change of the comet...

The Hopi prophecy is modern.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

oy vey seriously? your gonna fight this for another year or two.. because neither one of you will back down and this has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD TOPIC and therefore OFF TOPIC and shouldn't be here.. start your own thread for goodness sakes...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here are several November 7th observations stating the comet is still yellow becoming colorless.

assne.org...

There are photos and personal statements all saying yellow. The single blue image is due to a camera problem as stated there.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
By November 19 the comet was nearly impossible to see without binoculars.

meanwhile several reports that I gave explain that in NOVEMBER to DECEMBER it was seen in BLUISH-GREY to BLUISH-GREEN colors...

Your claim that anyone saw the comet without instruments after that date is simply false. That anyone saw color after that point in time without the use of an instrument is false.

The comet was yellow when viewed by the unaided eye.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Comet Holmes on November 4, 2007, showing the blue ion tail on the right, taken from Hungary

en.wikipedia.org...

The colors are caused by ions (charged particles) coming from the comet and fluorescing (emitting radiation [light]) from its interaction with the Sun. Specifically, the greenish colors of the nucleus are caused by charged particles such as carbon ions and the bluish colors of the tail by carbon monoxide ions within the comet.

www.itwire.com...

2007 November 10

A Tale of Comet Holmes
Credit & Copyright: Ivan Eder and (inset) Paolo Berardi
Explanation: A beautiful blue ion tail has become visible in deep telescopic images of Comet Holmes. Pointing generally away from the Sun and also planet Earth, the comet's ion tail is seriously foreshortened by our extreme viewing angle. Still, enthusiastic comet watchers have remarked that on the whole, the compact but tentacled appearance suggests a jellyfish or even a cosmic calamari. This stunning view of the comet's greenish coma and blue tail was recorded on November 4 in clear skies near Budapest, Hungary. The colors are caused by molecules in the tenuous gas, like C2 (green) and CO+ (blue), fluorescing in sunlight. In a more recent development, the dramatic inset is a deep image from L'Aquila in central Italy on November 8, showing the ion tail disconnecting from the comet.
Authors & editors: Robert Nemiroff (MTU) & Jerry Bonnell (UMCP)
NASA Official: Phillip Newman Specific rights apply.
NASA Web Privacy Policy and Important Notices
A service of: ASD at NASA / GSFC
& Michigan Tech. U.

apod.nasa.gov...

Even on that link you gave so far I only saw two people claim they saw it yellow, and one said he saw it blue nigth after night. He doesn't explain anything, he THINKS there might be something wrong with his equipment, but as the sources I posted show, which include NASA, and other SCIENTISTS they say it was blue and green...

But keep on trying to make up false claims like you always do...

I am done here, members can read the info and make their own minds. You are obviously too damn hard headed to admit when you are wrong and would rather lie than admit to the truth...

edit on 5-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

As I pointed out before, these colors were not visible to the human eye,

Even on that link you gave so far I only saw two people claim they saw it yellow

That is just another bald faced lie. That report has more than 2 reporting yellow and it has no reports of blue.

You have posted zero reports of the comet seen blue by the unaided eye. You posted a single observer that reported blue using binoculars.

I am done here, members can read the info and make their own minds. You are obviously too damn hard headed to admit when you are wrong and would rather lie than admit to the truth...

This is not the first time you have repeated and stubbornly posted falsehoods.

assne.org...
The link has 3 observers stating the comet is yellow in November.

For those that want the facts on comet Holmes and want to learn about observing comets.

1. Comets are small objects, but can have a large covering of dust and gas as they near the Sun
2. The dust reflects sunlight
3. Our Sun is yellow, so the reflected light is yellow
4. Gasses in space are not visible, but can be charged up by the radiation from the Sun
5. The glow from these charged gasses can be in the optical range emitting often blue and green
6. The reflected light is usually much stronger and masks the light of the glow
7. Instruments can be used to detect that glow which cannot be detected by the human eye
8. Human observers can be tricked into seeing blue in dim conditions
9. Different color filters are used by astronomers to bring out details

A worldwide range of astronomers, both amateur ad professional reported comet Holmes as being yellow. The comet was visible to the unaided eye till about mid November.

This link contains a single and only observer that reported blue and 2 observers that reported yellow.
www.saaf.se...

All of the following report yellow
www.space.com...
cometography.com...
starryskies.net...
www.spaceweather.com...
www.calvin.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
starryskies.net...
thedas.org...

The comet was seen to be yellow.

There are those that have no shame that want to try and match comet Holmes, a clearly yellow celestial sighting, to the blue Kachina in the modern Hopi prophecy. The comet was not blue. It was yellow as attested to by astronomers worldwide.
edit on 5-1-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

<< 13  14  15   >>

join