It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

instant ice age

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
ok i asked this question in the new world order forum & it didnt get answered so here it goes

i have read over the years that wooly mammoth got flash frozen while they were in the middle of eating , i gotta ask is that based in fact or is it just been passed around with no real basis to it , ???

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

There was a mammoth found frozen with flowers in it's mouth. There has never been a widely accepted cause of this.

There is also a receding glacier in the Andes where blooming flowers were "apparently" flash frozen as well. As the glacier recedes, these "blooming flowers" were revealed in the ice. No one knows how or why.

There have been a few theories, but none that garners consensus. The bottom line is, they have no idea what happened.
edit on 12/1/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I too had heard that mammoths had died by being frozen while eating ,however reading en.wikipedia.org... it does make sense that the animals found may have eaten then fell through ice into a pit or area and then preserved but i would love to know the truth too

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If the poles suddenly shift and you find yourself at the "new" north pole, let's say, then within hours everything around you will be frozen solid. Including yourself.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

The Scientist are trying to say that didn't happen . The fact is that we have all played with tops and gave seen how it happens . The dynamics of the Top and the earth are the same and size does not matter if the balance is out . The Elite rich people are preparing for something with recently constructed the seed bank and all of the deep underground bunkers being built .
Undigested grass in the stomach of the Woolly Mamoth indicates a flash freeze that has to be a planetary pole shift within an hour or so .

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
Undigested grass in the stomach of the Woolly Mamoth indicates a flash freeze that has to be a planetary pole shift within an hour or so .

Not necessarily. It is an option although highly unlikely.

What is more likely to be the case is that the animal passed away during or shortly after eating.

Happens every day to humans.

Occams Razor strikes again.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Not an attempt to discredit you tale but it seems improbable...

a receding glacier in the Andes where blooming flowers were "apparently" flash frozen as well. As the glacier recedes, these "blooming flowers" were revealed in the ice.

A glacier is not a static formation, the glaciers slides (moves) making it highly unlikely that anything would remain connected (rooted) to the soil beneath all that mass of ice.

You seem to also not understand how glacial ice is formed, try to look that up...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Look ...I offered no explanation but the flowers are there...encased in ice...at the bottom of a glacier.

I know what a glacier is...thank you very much (need to boost your ego today or something?)...The point the scientist made was that if it would have been from normal glaciation, the flowers would have died due to climactic temperature drop...but instead, they were flash frozen...still blooming flowers encased in ice.

Explain away...I will not even attempt to.

Call it what you will. BTW.. you can find another messenger to try and "shoot" or "one up"...I have no idea what caused it but...there they "were" as the glacier has receded much further as of now...
edit on 12/1/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

If the poles suddenly shift and you find yourself at the "new" north pole, let's say, then within hours everything around you will be frozen solid. Including yourself.

Why?
Do you understand why the poles are cold?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Without a source with more content to define what you classify as "eating" I will consider in the middle of digestion or in the middle of a kill (predator) or something in the mouth...

There is normally something in the stomach of mummified materials note that we are not even talking about fossils, even with fossils there have been some amazing finds of animals with attack marks and even found with next to the predator but fossils do not keep much organic information.

As for something in the mouth it is possible to die while eating, especially when we are talking about animals that would pass much of the time foraging for food. It only requires a sudden death like an unexpected fall...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Or trying to eat something too big.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DrGod

Why?
Do you understand why the poles are cold?

Yes, Phage, I do.
Let me clarify for you.
The Earth's axis will shift thus moving a once-ice free location to the "top" of the axis.
This would suddenly be a very cold location.

Go ahead and tell me that the catastrophe that would ensue would be beyond devastating.
And let us know that this has "never happened before" and that it is "totally impossible" based on Astronomy etc.

EDIT: I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just tired of people trying to use "modern science and scientific theories" that only have maybe 500 years of research to describe geological and space-geology events that take place over the span of millions and millions of years.

edit on 1-12-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If a big solar wind pushed the atmosphere down to the ground, the freezing air from above could theoretically flash freeze things instantly. The resulting displaced air would rush the water temporarily to the south. This depends kind of on the position of the planet when the solar wind was hitting the earth. It could be an intergalactic breeze that does this also.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

The Earth's axis will shift thus moving a once-ice free location to the "top" of the axis.

So the current north pole would still be pointing "up" in relation to the rest of the Solar System but the axis of rotation would change to something like Florida to Australia? That's interesting. I thought you were talking about the tilt of the axis changing so that the Earth would by "laying on its side". But even so, I don't see why it would "suddenly be a very cold location". The earth itself retains heat as does the atmosphere.

Go ahead and tell me that the catastrophe that would ensue would be beyond devastating.

Oh, it would be devastating all right. The Earth is a very large and heavy gyroscope. Whatever would cause its axis to suddenly change would make turning Florida into the north pole and getting cold the least of the problems involved.

edit on 12/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If a big solar wind pushed the atmosphere down to the ground, the freezing air from above could theoretically flash freeze things instantly.
Last time I checked the atmosphere is on the ground.

Besides the fact that the magnetosphere keeps the solar wind from reaching the atmosphere, you are talking about a very hard vacuum (the solar wind) impacting something a lot more dense.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well then a CME

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

It is greatly excepted that the sun has always risen in the east and set in the west.
If you can prove otherwise, I am sure I am not the only one to want to see your proof and where it comes from.
There is a chance I have misunderstood your comment entirely.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

A CME is a "gust" in the solar wind. They are "blocked" by the magnetosphere. They are a better vacuum than can be created in a laboratory.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Perhaps the mammoth was simply buried by an avalanche.

Or like others have suggested it was walking on thin ice and fell into a very cold lake or river.

There are many possibilities.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Well I do not particularly like the tone of your reply, this is not a confrontation it is a dialog that you initiated...

I have no way to know if you understand what glaciers are and how glacial ice is formed (or the rest of the people reading our public posts).

I offered no explanation just the statement that since you do not provide a source the idea as presented seemed a bit far-fetched and I explained why.

I even clearly stated

Not an attempt to discredit you tale but it seems improbable...

Welcome to my rival list, I will try to not to interact with you in the future...

edit on 1-12-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join