It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLDS WILL BURN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When speaking of the apocalypse, do you know what the most horrifying aspect of all really is to men? It's not the prospect of comets raining from the sky that is most horrifying of all. It's not the idea of myriad mushroom clouds arising from an annihilated surface of the world. Not the hunger, or the proposed starvation; nor the water as blood; the true horror to the minds of men isn't the end of all physical things. Nope. The TRUE horror in the minds of men is this: that they were wrong.

You see, this is the greatest and most horrifying scenario the mind of men can actually comprehend: being proven wrong. Men like to read things about subjects they're not competant to talk about. They dabble in "science" and "religion", filling their minds with everything the "authorities" tell them is the "truth", and then- armed with the words of other people- they set about the world, talking and talking and talking about things they're not competent to talk about. Individuals find other groups saying the same things they have learned to say; then they all nod eagerly at each other in their group, and pat themselves on the backs for being some damn intelligent.

Of course, the opposing group of ignorant buffoons couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. The one group just can't "get it" how the opposing group could be so horribly deceived. After all, they're simply wrong, and the FACTS PROVE IT. Only a complete FOOL can't see that! The evidence is always on their side, and the facts always support their words, and, please- this stuff is all so absurdly CLEAR you'd have to be a complete moron not to realize how right they are.

Find a good woman and ask her, how difficult is it to get a man to admit he may have been mistaken? That's he's not really as smart as he's lead himself to believe? How difficult for a man to acknowledge his error? She will tell you- a virtual impossiblity. Nothing matters. The evidence is always on his side. The facts don't lie. He couldn't possibly be wrong. The most horrific thing to the minds of men: to be proven wrong. To REVEAL that he was a complete buffoon the whole time. That he is not intelligent- not even remotely intelligent. And everything he every said was right- was in fact wrong. This is the true horror of the apocalypse.

The word means "to reveal"- to reveal something hidden. Information. A revelation that will burn worlds. A revelation that will cause men to screech and wail and gnash their teeth. A revelation so horrifically gut-wrenching, so unimaginably terrible, so burning with a fire so fierce. Not a comet strike. No. Not a holocaust. Child's play. No FEMA death camps. Ha! A revelation infinitely more horrifying than all of these rolled into one. A revelation of three simple words:

You were wrong.

You see, it really does come down to this: men are so hopelessly ignorant- yet so utterly convinced of their own intelligence- that you really do have to burn the world to the ground just to get them to admit they were wrong.

Are you prepared, you sons of men, for the horrible truth to be revealed?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

The most horrifying thing about it is manipulative, inhumane, child-damning, dehumanizing, repressed, deluded, tyrannical, exiles from the bronze age like you.

Have a nice day!

P.S. Thought I would add that you should read between the lines of this reply.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Philodemus because: see P.S.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Apocalypse doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world or even something bad.

It could mean " a new beginning " or any other of the many descriptions....

APOCALYPSE

ss

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

Well, it's a nice story and I do agree that I am not afraid of mushroom clouds and meteorites..

BUT..

I LOVE being wrong.. It's tiring being right all the time. If I get to be wrong I get to learn new things and grow... I love growing, and living... I also make a point to admit I am wrong. If you ever see me on this site saying something wrong and stating it as fact I will go back and make sure as best as I can that everyone who read that sees my next Flashing post that says: "I was waaaayyy wrong there, here is Why..."

My only fear is being trapped.. If I stay the same, "right", then I am trapped in my mind..

So, I am disagreeing with the broadness of your post, but respectfully, and yet I know it must be true for many people.

I do agree this is THE problem... I do agree that this whole society is afraid of changing even as it's obvious we already drove off the cliff.. Thing is I have thought this since 4 years old, and I never participated until I realized I could spread my feelings to other people by talking to them, hence my posts here, changing reality in my own way.

Are you a woman?
You sound like you're talking about something other than the end of the world... Sounds like you are a hater... I don't hate woman so what Man hurt you so bad??
edit on 11/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This belongs in the rant section...maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Can we still burn the worlds though?

Cause that would be fun.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

I watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, a couple of days ago. So yeah, when it comes to extinction level events, I really think it will come unexpectedly, such as an asteroid that will only be detected less than 6 months from impact.

In that case, the horrible truth would be that there was no rapture or other plan to save anybody. Extinction by chance, that's a horrible truth!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

If I were afraid of being wrong I'd have done myself in years ago. What I truly fear is the extinction of mankind. I would love to believe that humanity will be flitting about the universe a few billion years from now. This is a belief that I don't have at this time.

edit on 11/28/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
G'day MrCobb

A few points

1. IMO the title of your thread seems to be misleading
2. paragraph 2 line 2 competant or competent?
3. paragraph 2 line 7 some or so?
4. paragraph 4 line 6 every or ever?

You see I'm only a man so I am not quite sure if what you have typed is what you meant and since I don't want to seem like some know it all, judgemental creep that rants about things, I thought I'd ask.

Have a great day

edit on 28/11/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

APOCALYPSE

ss
Apocalypse means ''the lifting of the veil''.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let's see if i'm wrong.
The opening poster and the second are the same?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

The truth is that men and women will have their hearts melt like wax they will look for holes to hide in but will find none. And your analogies about men just show how much of bigot you really are.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

You're most certainly wrong. Do you have an issue with what I said?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

No issue.
Looks like i was wrong. Sorry about that.

To the op what else am i wrong about that i don't want to admit?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Nicely done.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrCobb
When speaking of the apocalypse, do you know what the most horrifying aspect of all really is to men? It's not the prospect of comets raining from the sky that is most horrifying of all. It's not the idea of myriad mushroom clouds arising from an annihilated surface of the world. Not the hunger, or the proposed starvation; nor the water as blood; the true horror to the minds of men isn't the end of all physical things. Nope. The TRUE horror in the minds of men is this: that they were wrong.

You see, this is the greatest and most horrifying scenario the mind of men can actually comprehend: being proven wrong. Men like to read things about subjects they're not competant to talk about. They dabble in "science" and "religion", filling their minds with everything the "authorities" tell them is the "truth", and then- armed with the words of other people- they set about the world, talking and talking and talking about things they're not competent to talk about. Individuals find other groups saying the same things they have learned to say; then they all nod eagerly at each other in their group, and pat themselves on the backs for being some damn intelligent.

Of course, the opposing group of ignorant buffoons couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. The one group just can't "get it" how the opposing group could be so horribly deceived. After all, they're simply wrong, and the FACTS PROVE IT. Only a complete FOOL can't see that! The evidence is always on their side, and the facts always support their words, and, please- this stuff is all so absurdly CLEAR you'd have to be a complete moron not to realize how right they are.

Find a good woman and ask her, how difficult is it to get a man to admit he may have been mistaken? That's he's not really as smart as he's lead himself to believe? How difficult for a man to acknowledge his error? She will tell you- a virtual impossiblity. Nothing matters. The evidence is always on his side. The facts don't lie. He couldn't possibly be wrong. The most horrific thing to the minds of men: to be proven wrong. To REVEAL that he was a complete buffoon the whole time. That he is not intelligent- not even remotely intelligent. And everything he every said was right- was in fact wrong. This is the true horror of the apocalypse.

The word means "to reveal"- to reveal something hidden. Information. A revelation that will burn worlds. A revelation that will cause men to screech and wail and gnash their teeth. A revelation so horrifically gut-wrenching, so unimaginably terrible, so burning with a fire so fierce. Not a comet strike. No. Not a holocaust. Child's play. No FEMA death camps. Ha! A revelation infinitely more horrifying than all of these rolled into one. A revelation of three simple words:

You were wrong.

You see, it really does come down to this: men are so hopelessly ignorant- yet so utterly convinced of their own intelligence- that you really do have to burn the world to the ground just to get them to admit they were wrong.

What revealing is it you mean?

That your spirit/soul is real?

That we/humans (ego mind part) are small minded fools who normally is to thick todo/understand anything without the spirits help?

That everything is connected and that reality is an illusion trying to fool us? (slit experiment)

That most of ous are more or less insane with ego parasitic behaviour and duality (close to even being of a demonic nature)?

That humans are not perfect (work in progress with potential) and not the pinnacle of the universe but the lost small minded ones that are kept in their bubble since their insanety is not allowed to spread?

That "chakras" or something similar in nature is real?

That all human religious views are small minded but some are the best we can do at this moment?
edit on 29-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Can we still burn the worlds though?

Cause that would be fun.

You can "play around" in the suns after your life is over if you wanna see some real fireworks or maybe even really look at a black hole.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

APOCALYPSE

ss
Apocalypse means ''the lifting of the veil''.

That is absolutely correct, I experience The Apocalypse every day

BTW, where's MrCobb.... gone to??

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by MrCobb

The most horrifying thing about it is manipulative, inhumane, child-damning, dehumanizing, repressed, deluded, tyrannical, exiles from the bronze age like you.

HYPOCRIT

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Care to make your points of contention a little more clear? I enjoy a good evisceration, but you'll have to give me something to go on...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join