It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun confiscation - How it will be done

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's how it's going to start: There will be a question on your tax return: Do you own any firearms?

It will escalate from there. Everyone will recognize it.

Does anyone think all these people (and there are LOTS of them) will turn in their guns and their 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo? Not. A. Chance. There's a whole sub-culture of people who have buried their guns and ammo. Many thousands of them.

Meanwhile you can still get lots of AK's, AR's, and bump stocks and their 30 round mags at your local gun show. And Russian surplus ammo by the boatload for a pretty good price. An AK-74 with a bump stock makes a nice toy.

Semi-Autos are flying off the shelves at record rates, so their "confiscation problem" grows by thousands of guns a day. US citizens will not stand for gun a gun grab.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

then they came to inoculate you and you took the shot as it was ordered and for the greater good also. Now you are dying

is this not the textbook example of a paranoid delusion?

I dont see anything to connect those 2 dots without religious idiocy.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just LOL everytime I think about the government coming to where I live to try and take peoples guns.
They can jack up the price of ammo(already have), and the many other things that have to do with guns, but as far as coming door to door taking them? If they wanna try it, then hey, I guess we'll see what happens. But, I don't have any guns no more because they were ALL stolen. It was the darndest thing....

Besides, and hypothetically speaking, of course, if worse come to worse, we'd just use high velocity bows & arrows and IED's. Big ones. They've never seen a hillbilly IED, and they don't want to neither.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You all are worried about this perceived trend on taking away your guns. I am worried about the opposite. Everyone wants to get bigger, badder, more lethal weapons. I fear the next step is nuclear weapons. Laugh, but I totally believe that once a citizen cracks the code on making nuclear bombs, all of you will want one. Scares me.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I am not really aiming directly at you, but rather making comments to the audience based on what you said....

....one thing we have to realize is that our fear of what someone else may do, unless it is predicated on direct threat, is our own problem to deal with. To create laws that, ostensibly, will prevent others from partaking in activity that scares you is what is known as "mob rule" and should be precluded by the way our Republic is designed.

I would recommend that anyone who is afraid of what someone else MAY do (without having any basis for that fear other than an overactive imagination) might want to seek remedy for that on a personal level. Your fear is your problem. My rights are our problem.

ETA: to point out about nukes....it isn't like you can't get your hands on one. How many have come up missing from inventories globally? If someone wants a nuke bad enough, they can get one.
edit on 27-11-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

link   
I sold my guns to Eric Holder.

link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Microstamping on firing pins
The rise in the cost of ammo. I bet soon there will be additional taxes on that as well, it's already being floated.
Reloaders not being able to find anything for their hobby.

etc...etc

People deny that the Second amendment is under attack, but it is. Right along with the rest of the Amendments.

If you haven't read Atlas Shrugged I would recommend it. It very accurately predicts the direction of the world we are living in.

the thing is, everything is under attack, not just the 2nd amendment. our lives will be in turmoil should they ever try to take it all away, so don't sweat it too bad because your guns will be with you if and end should find us.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So do you feel that anyone who wants nuclear weapons should be able to have them? If so, why - and if not, why not?

I also think that people who insist that the government is going to try and take away all their guns are probably suffering from over-imagination, or paranoia - and should probably get those issues addressed.

edit on 27-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Imagine for a second something very bad happens and the food supply is limited. Store shelves are empty and peoples pantries are running low.

And then TPTB come in and save the day by making safe areas were you can come and get supplies and find shelter and safety. And TPTB would need to keep these areas safe so guess what . NO GUNS ALLOWED.

You would have to choose between food and your guns at this point what would you do? Many would take off for the hills but how easy would it be for TPTB to just round up a few trouble makers.

If I wanted to get rid of the guns and I had control this is the simplest way to do it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's not going to happen...quit being paranoid.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I hope they take away all the guns.

We need to get them out of the hands of the religious idiots before they realize theyve wasted their lives caring for an imaginary sky daddy.

What an incredibly ignorant statement. First of all you do realize criminals will still have guns, right? Second, what does belief in God have to do with the second amendment you theophobe?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Laugh, but I totally believe that once a citizen cracks the code on making nuclear bombs, all of you will want one. Scares me.

You can find that on the internet...heck I even saw a video in school that told the basics. Getting the materials is the near impossible act.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Imagine for a second something very bad happens and the food supply is limited. Store shelves are empty and peoples pantries are running low.

And then TPTB come in and save the day by making safe areas were you can come and get supplies and find shelter and safety. And TPTB would need to keep these areas safe so guess what . NO GUNS ALLOWED.

You would have to choose between food and your guns at this point what would you do? Many would take off for the hills but how easy would it be for TPTB to just round up a few trouble makers.

If I wanted to get rid of the guns and I had control this is the simplest way to do it.

Similar to my line of thinking but I believe they would offer food, water and basic living amenities in exchange for your guns.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They won't be able to get rid of the guns around here unless they get rid of the deer first.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

then they came to inoculate you and you took the shot as it was ordered and for the greater good also. Now you are dying

is this not the textbook example of a paranoid delusion?

I dont see anything to connect those 2 dots without religious idiocy.

There are plenty of people that don't have religion and are both paranoid and delusional. The fact that you target people that have a belief system different from yours shows that you are definitely a bigoted and a theophobe. Now instead of attacking people how about you contribute to the discussion in a meaningful manner?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Asktheanimals, for some reason I can't get the page to load.
Apparently my cpu doesn't want to get me upset today.

No big deal, as I really don't care who thinks they are coming for our guns.
Or how slowly they will implement their UN agenda 21 nonsense.
Only we can decide when enough is enough.

Humans have survived millenia without firearms.
Humans have survived millenia without "gov't assistance".

Humans have survived millenia without their laws.

We are all human.
Honesty we don't need guns to survive, but we will fight to keep them.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Obamacare, your whole medical record on computer. Crazy people can't own guns. Have you ever been prescribed a psych drug? Anti-depressant? Anti-anxiety pill? Sleeping pill?

You can't be trusted to own a firearm.

What is the percentage of the american population that willingly takes all this candy the dr. gives them?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Obamacare, your whole medical record on computer. Crazy people can't own guns. Have you ever been prescribed a psych drug? Anti-depressant? Anti-anxiety pill? Sleeping pill?

You can't be trusted to own a firearm.

What is the percentage of the american population that willingly takes all this candy the dr. gives them?

This will become an issue soon enough. I feel bad for the people who were children in the 80's and 90's when the tendency to medicate normal behavior for mommys sake was at its peak.

They're in their 30's now with an unnecessary mark on their sanity record that they had no control over.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Well...I always knew I would live long enough to see myself become a criminal...not because I've done anything wrong or hurt anyone or victimized anyone...but because our government is hell bent on making everyone a criminal so they can have complete and total control over their lives as they do currently in penitentiaries across the nation.

For the last 6 years I have worked for the government of Colorado at prisons and locked mental health facilities. Often times I think about the world "inside" and the world "outside" and how the lines between the two are fading quickly. Incarceration is getting more luxurious and relaxing and the free world is getting more destitute and stressful...but even the the "free" world seems to be a bit of a misnomer...as the same systems used in prison to manage and control the inmate populations are also used in society on the "free" people.

Soon breathing will be illegal...and somehow they will convince people to accept this as law. They will release some astounding statistic that morons will eat up without a thought...something along the lines of "100% of all crimes are committed by people who are breathing" they will follow that up with a statement about how making breathing illegal will somehow reduce crime...and those same morons will think that is the best idea since sliced bread...These same morons are the ones that are in favor of more and more laws based on their self perceived moral/ethical high ground...building more and more jails and prisons thinking they are for someone else...

Judge not...lest ye be judged.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't see it going smoothly.
People would be classified as criminals or stash their weapons before ever giving them up.
It WILL NOT go down smoothly.
Especially the middle states,isn't that like all they have for fun out there??
lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join