It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angus T. Jones.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You guys are a bunch of Airheads. He was hired as an 8 year old, for crying out loud.

HIs parents picked out a Private Christian school to send him to, but never took him to church.
Finally he gets old enough to think for himself and notices the obvious; he's been making his living off of
immorality.
He's probably already given a higher percentage of his "ill gotten gains" to charity than you guys have.

This morning ABC used it as a lead story on their 7 am news, but didn't even mention it after 8. Watch how
this story is handled if you are looking for conspiracies!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Charlie is not on the show anymore for a reason. He does the show with Kutcher who is involved in a lot of causes to support different issues.

His issue apparently isn't with the individual actors, nor any of the causes the new costar supports.

It's with the entire premise of the show.

The show is comedy... And, like all Hollywood, it's not real...

It doesn't have to be real to be considered filthy.

I'm not advocating his actions nor condemning the show based on some moral/relgious code, I'm just stating that he is justified in his actions.

I personally hope this kid doesn't end up like Charlie Sheen.
I believe it was Hollywood that did that to him.
Most people have no idea how bad the Hollywood lifestyle can be from behind the scenes.

A lot of actors will and have spoken out about the massive sleaze that makes up the industry, but most watch the Oscars and think it's all glamor and buddies hanging out and having a blast.

That's just all a part of the celebrity code.

They don't normally tell the truth until they are on their deathbed or in a biography released after their death.
Those that do tell the truth are usually deemed "nutty".

- Lee
edit on 27-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I think my point is he is doing a show with someone who has a good image, and has shown good character in the public spotlight (A positive father figure to Demi's children, etc.) so...

That being said, the type of show you are involved in doesn't reflect on the character of the person in it, hence it being called "acting".

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

How do you know he doesn't give to charity? Do you hang out with him on a regular basis or something?

He says it's "money from the devil" so I think he should give all and any remaining from the show away. Or throw it into the middle of the ocean.

Pretty simple concept. Otherwise hes living off the avails of the devil no?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Cabalis

How do you know he doesn't give to charity? Do you hang out with him on a regular basis or something?

He says it's "money from the devil" so I think he should give all and any remaining from the show away. Or throw it into the middle of the ocean.

Pretty simple concept. Otherwise hes living off the avails of the devil no?

I think it's a pretty simple concept that you basically have no clue what he does with his money. You don't know whether he donates it to charity or swims in like Scrooge McDuck. Besides, this is the result of a recent change of heart for him. I think what it comes down to is you don't like religion, the tone of your OP is obvious. You're obviously nothing more than a theophobe.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There is a saying in Hollywood: 'there is no such thing as bad publicity.' I don't know what the ratings of the show are lately, but this could be a calculated attempt to generate some phony controversy and thereby boost the numbers. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, especially in Hollywood, and this kid knows that if he ever wants to work in that town again, he'd better not bad-mouth his bosses. So my guess is those very same bosses put him up to this. Thereby ensuring that the kid will have another paying gig when the show dies its natural death in a couple of years time.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am sorry to have to say this WHO CARES........wait, no I am not sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

Besides, this is the result of a recent change of heart for him. I think what it comes down to is you don't like religion, the tone of your OP is obvious. You're obviously nothing more than a theophobe.

I don't have a problem with religion, I have a problem with hypocrisy. If he came out of the closet about his feelings by donating every penny he earned from the show I would probably salute him... But he didn't. So I have other feelings about his tirade...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

[q]I put this in conspiracies in Religion to show the absurd kind of brainwashing that comes up with religious wingnuts.[/q]

You don't have a problem with religion yet you classify us as wingnuts. I bet you consider yourself a tolerant person, too. I'm finished with this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

You don't have a problem with religion yet you classify us as wingnuts. I bet you consider yourself a tolerant person, too. I'm finished with this thread.

"Religious wingnuts" is referring to one demographic of religious people. I did not classify anyone that follows religion a wingnut.

Thank you...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Big surprise....

An apology:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.
While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

Source

What he did was negative towards a lot of people that dedicate their working lives to a show that sustains them and their families. Now he has turned around 180 and offered an apology.

Coincidently he will not be appearing on the next two episodes. Personally I think he should be canned.

If he wanted to bow out gracefully because it contradicts his religious beliefs he could have, but he didn't and this is how it turns out...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Damn! Looks like you were right after all.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

That being said, the type of show you are involved in doesn't reflect on the character of the person in it, hence it being called "acting".

Christians believe it is a sin to promote anything 'sinful'. The show is just a bunch of bed hopping and masterbation and homosexuality .. all of which is forbidden by most Christian groups. By his participating in a show that makes these things seem okay, he is indeed participating in something 'sinful' to the different Christian churches.

Another example ... a Christian person can't work on putting out Playboy magazine and then say that he has no responsibility if people who read it engage in out of wedlock sex because they felt moved to do so by looking at the magazine.

Get it??

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He didn't apologize for his feelings.
He didn't recant what he thought of the show.
He didn't apologize for his faith.

He said that if anything he said was taken as being disrespectful towards those who have been in his life, he apologizes. He is grateful for the help he has received from them through the years.

It was a very mature statement for him to make.

And it was in NO WAY a backtrack from his previous statement.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by boncho

He didn't apologize for his feelings.
He didn't recant what he thought of the show.
He didn't apologize for his faith.

He said that if anything he said was taken as being disrespectful towards those who have been in his life, he apologizes. He is grateful for the help he has received from them through the years.

It was a very mature statement for him to make.

And it was in NO WAY a backtrack from his previous statement.

Of course it is a backtrack. He didn't quit doing "the devils" work did he?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

I agree with this sentiment ... he was young now he has opened his eyes .. it is a crap show he is on .. he has the right to change his mind ... he should leave ... deosn't have to give the money away but probably should give some away as what are you gonna do with $350,000 an episode ?? But yeah it would be somewhat hypocritical for him to sign another contract .. which he probably won't unless he un-finds God ... but would all of you walk away from $350,000 & give away all you've earned ? I'm amazed at how many people are happy to suggest another do what they are unwilling to do themselves ...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not news.

Just another spoiled brat that gets paid millions to play an annoying teenager.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

...they have given and continue to give me ...

Wow what a greedy hypocrite... he still wants the money from the "devil's work", but also wants to represent his faith, probably for promotional value.. cause you know the religious and their "in your face attitude".. well they just trapped a young celebrity. Oh Lordy they have hit the jackpot!

I will enjoy the show better if this kid get canned... he slowly disappearing from the show, and i hope he stays disappeared.
edit on 11/30/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rev477

but would all of you walk away from $350,000 & give away all you've earned ? I'm amazed at how many people are happy to suggest another do what they are unwilling to do themselves ...

I wouldn't take money if I didn't believe in the work I was doing. I've worked at companies I wasn't happy with, I quit. Simple. In which case I did not return the money.

If I claimed it violated my very being though, I would be obligated to get rid of the money. Good thing my being does not get violated very often...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
People disn' Angus T. Jones would rather see him come of age in Hollywood and embrace the Charlie Sheen lifestyle rather than go back to Texas and be a Christian. Thats' really, really twisted.

NO - - I just think he should have kept his mouth shut until his contract was up. After the next 2 episodes.

He is a product. He is old enough to understand that. You stop being the product first.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join