It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Co. Seeks to Take Over Mexico's Heartland With GMO Corn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would have a very difficult time finding someone who despises this Company more than myself. I know there are many like myself and I do take a small comfort in this.

I Just keep asking myself how a paltry few can get away with this type of crime (disguised genocide?) when those that oppose these crimes against humanity number in the millions?

California had a chance to make a difference and screwed it up through apathy and of course money changing hands somewhere in the mix . No other reason for it. Mexico follows suit:

He says that Biotech has planned this perfectly, by applying to President Calderón, just as he is due to leave office on December 1st. Weber says that the president has "little to lose and lots to gain in the likely hidden royalties (read: bribe money) coming to him for pushing this through." Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Mexico is considered to be the global repository of maize genetic diversity, as scientists have identified thousands of peasant varieties of maize. Should Monsanto's applications be approved, this would mark the world's first commercial-scale planting of GM varieties of a major food group, in it's center of origin. Basically this would wipe out all biodiversity, and all the various local varieties of maize, developed over around 7,000 years. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

1000's of years of culture that has revolved around corn is in the process of being wiped out as Monsanto and Dupont seek to plant their Franken Corn over 6 million acres!

Verónica Villa from ETC’s Mexico office says, “If Mexico’s government allows this crime of historic significance to happen, GMOs will soon be in the food of the entire Mexican population, and genetic contamination of Mexican peasant varieties will be inevitable. We are talking about damaging more than 7,000 years of indigenous and peasant work that created maize – one of the world’s three most widely eaten crops.” Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Outrage was heard throughout Mexico, when the world's two largest commercial seed companies, Monsanto Co. and DuPont (whose seed business is known as DuPont Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.) applied to the Mexico government for the planting of 2,500,000 hectares (more than 6 million acres) of transgenic maize in Mexico. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

I am getting so discouraged by the lack of passionate resistance to this monster. I have written so many threads and have contributed to other blogs outside of ATS and quite frankly what I'm seeing is discouraging.

Acceptance, Apathy and just a general sort of "Give it up, we can't win anyways".

So why should a few keep fighting for the many? I don't have the answer anymore. Perhaps Californians can explain what the hell just happened?

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
They've been doing it for quite a while just by allowing the wind to do the dirty work for them

Rogue Corn On the Loose

Also have you seen Food.inc?

Food.Inc

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
They've been doing it for quite a while just by allowing the wind to do the dirty work for them

Rogue Corn On the Loose

Also have you seen Food.inc?

Food.Inc

SS

Seen the vid, thanks.

And yes, especially the farmer in Canada who fought Monsanto because of wind, birds spreading the seeds etc.

It's just wrong on so many levels but money rules.

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"Apathy"

I believe I've just proven my point.

Or is it because it's just Mexico?

Wait, if you think people coming over the border is a threat, you haven't seen anything yet.

Peace

Peace

edit on 26-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just found out . That farmer in Saskatchewan won in court. Sometimes we win.

Keep hope and keep moving forward. The scales will tip.

You arn t alone

running with the wolves

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The reason the paltry few can get away with it is because the paltry few control the money. I'm sure the farmers have no clue that they are aiding and abetting the destruction of our foods. It will be the higher ups that profit from and make the backroom deals. The 99% lose again.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I have more to add to this thread but do not have the time right now. Will try tomorrow. GMO s are s eriously
dangerous to the health of every person , plant, animal, on this planet. Latest study from FRance shows huge
tumors on rats , cancer, and early death. There is a huge area in the Gulf of Mexico that is dead from all the
pesticides used on genetically modified corn grown in the U.S. Can t find the name of that pesticide in my notes
right now but it is linked to causing fish in that area to change sex. Could this be a cause of the high infertility
rates, gender confusion. Will add more if others are interessted, including the OP
Of course if you can t stop
the evil in your own country how can you stop it in another country.

running with the wolves

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chagahunter
reply to post by Gridrebel

I have more to add to this thread but do not have the time right now. Will try tomorrow. GMO s are s eriously
dangerous to the health of every person , plant, animal, on this planet. Latest study from FRance shows huge
tumors on rats , cancer, and early death. There is a huge area in the Gulf of Mexico that is dead from all the
pesticides used on genetically modified corn grown in the U.S. Can t find the name of that pesticide in my notes
right now but it is linked to causing fish in that area to change sex. Could this be a cause of the high infertility
rates, gender confusion. Will add more if others are interessted, including the OP
Of course if you can t stop
the evil in your own country how can you stop it in another country.

running with the wolves

Do you links for these?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Never mind, I looked it up.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Here are the criticisms in a nutshell and Séralini's responses:

1. The French researchers were accused of using the Sprague Dawley rat strain which is said to be prone to developing cancers. In response Séralini and his team say these are the same rats as used by Monsanto in the 90-day trials which it used to get authorisation for its maize. This strain of rat has been used in most animal feeding trials to evaluate the safety of GM foods, and their results have long been used by the biotech industry to secure approval to market GM products.

2. The sample size of rats was said to be too small. Séralini responded that six is the OECD recommended protocol for GM food safety toxicology studies and he had based his study on the toxicity part of OECD protocol no. 453. This states that for a cancer trial you need a minimum of 50 animals of each sex per test group but for a toxicity trial a minimum of 10 per sex suffices. Monsanto used 20 rats of each sex per group in its feeding trials but only analysed 10, the same number as Séralini.

3. No data was given about the rats' food intake. Seralini says the rats were allowed to eat as much food as they liked.

4. Séralini has not released the raw data from the trial. In response he says he won't release it until the data underpinning Monsanto's authorisation of NK603 in Europe is also made public.

5. His funding was provided by an anti-biotechnology organisation whose scientific board Séralini heads. But he counters that almost all GM research is funded by corporates or by pro-biotech institutions.

So where does that leave the public?

Despite the concerns over Séralini's methodological flaws, it looks as though the study will not be swept under the carpet. It is the longest study done on this variety of maize and many argue that it must be taken seriously by regulators and governments. French health and safety authorities now plan to investigate NK603 and the study's findings and the European Food Safety Agency has said it will assess the research. Séralini is now demanding that all the data be assessed by an independent international committee, arguing that experts involved in the authorisation of the maize should not be involved.

Monsanto only did a 90 day study?????????

top topics

join