It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World V.S. A New Beginning.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There have been a lot of new posts lately about the end of the world, so I'm going to add one more. The only difference is, mine isn't going to be about the end of the world, but a new beginning.

To be honest, I don't want the end of the world to come. I want a new beginning for everyone.

Imagine a world where:

Children and adults are not starving around the world.

There is no more abuse inflicted towards humanity, animals, or nature.

Hatred or anger does not corrupt the minds of human beings.

How much money a human being has does not determine whether or not they get to eat that day.

Materialsim does not reign supreme.

Love is the only emotion that exists.

People do not starve.

War does not exist.

Humanity is finally at peace.

To be honest, I think a lot of people only focus on themselves when it comes to the idea of the world ending.

They say:

"Oh no! The world can't end! What about MY car, MY house, MY job, MY family?"

Three out of four of that persons reasons why the world should not end are materialistic.

1. Car
2. House
3. Job

I understand family, but instead of looking only at yourself, human beings should take a second, and look at the world on a global scale. What about the other families around the world that are starving? The children that have no food, they have no home, they only have each other.

They have no car to get around. They have no house to take shelter under. They have no job to support their families with. I'm not talking about the people who are on welfare who absolutely refuse to get a job because they hate to work.

I'm talking about the people who are trying to get employment, and cannot because the economy is terrible where they live, or some other circumstance out of their power, in which inhibits them from getting employment.

If you take a look outside of your house, car, family....what have you, you will see a world out there that is riddled with chaos. If you look at the news, everyday there are stories about how this many people died in a car bombing, or about how this person was shot outside their house. A lot of the time you see news about millionaire celebrities broke up, or about how they looked on the red carpet. Those stories feed on humanities materialistic views. They are not helping. Very rarely do you see a story about good deeds in the world? Why? because bad news or "celebrity news," sells.

I do not want to live in a world anymore that is filled with hatred, chaos, fear, materialism, and evil.

There is good in the world, I know that. But, it is usually found in nature, or those people who want to see a great change in the world They do good deeds, try to spread love and compassion, and do not give in to the materialistic views of humanity.

On December 21, 2012, I do not want it to be the end of the world. The end of the world causes fear and that is not something that we want.

I want it to be a new beginning for humanity. We could possibly ascend to a higher plane of existence where love and light fill our consciousness or it could be a great shift in consciousness where humans realize that they are meant for so much more that what the current state of humanity has to offer them.

Whatever the great change will be, I do not believe it will be the end of the world. The end of chaos and evil, most likely, but not the end of existence itself.

Believe in love, believe in light, believe that something amazing is going to happen.

Do not give in to fear or the materialism of this world.

Love, light, and peace.

~Quyll

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm afraid that world can not exist no matter what happens. There will always be bad people. Whether mentally ill or just plain evil. I see no way to stop bad people being born. No way to stop jealousy, greed. You would have to eliminate hormones altogether. Sorry. If only 2 people survived and they had your ideology it would still go bad in the end. The very things that keep us alive would bring us down.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nice sentiments. I think everyone is aware that there is something wrong with the world. Most of us however cannot agree what that "something" is though.

As far as materialism and consumerism...just break it down to as simple as we can get it. In large groups of average minded people, you need leaders. Some leaders get drunk with that authority and they want to keep it. They manipulate things to enable them to do that. We are what we are because we have been manipulated to propagate this system that allows some to have more power and prosperity than others.

I am just like most other average people. I sure wish the world was a better place, but I do not foresee a giant light bulb going off over people's heads and them finally saying..."Oh crap, this is all so silly".

I personally do not want to be a leader of men...well...I want to lead my life and raise my family to be good people. I do not lust for power, wealth and influence. I just want to be left alone to live my life in freedom where I reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of my actions. I believe if more people felt that way and were allowed to live that way...we would have a much better world. I understand my hope for a world of self governing individuals who know the difference in right and wrong is just as big of fantasy as "new age enlightenment" and global doom....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Not if there was a spiritual awakening. The way that human beings are now, yes I agree with your post. I understand that if we keep going on the route we are traveling, we will eventually destroy ourselves.

But, if there is a shift in consciousness, and human beings potentially ascend to a higher plain of existence, there would be no chaos, no hatred, no torture. It would only be love and light.

No room for evil and discord.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

The problem is that without bad you can't have good. The Ying and Yang so to speak. A world with no emotions is not one i would want to live in. Just wandering around with no imagination or drive to be the best at what you do would be a very drab existence don't you think? I mean emotions are very much needed. No emotions and there would be very little sex. No sex and the human race would vanish. I can't see any enlightenment curing everything. Maybe make it much better but never Eden.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The End of the World V.S. A New Beginning

the present monetary, central banker system will indeed End soon

as far as 'new beginning' i only see further deteoriation betrween the haves-have nots
also major divisions and killing campaigns between the Islamics-Jewish-Christian populations...

after all the prophecies state that brother will be against brother, and wars in diverse places & warring nations/kingdoms/groups...
so your idyllic 'new beginning' era must first be preceeded by untold savagery...mural.uv.es...

edit on 24-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by Quyll

The problem is that without bad you can't have good. The Ying and Yang so to speak. A world with no emotions is not one i would want to live in. Just wandering around with no imagination or drive to be the best at what you do would be a very drab existence don't you think? I mean emotions are very much needed. No emotions and there would be very little sex. No sex and the human race would vanish. I can't see any enlightenment curing everything. Maybe make it much better but never Eden.

In this world, there is a balance between good and evil. Like you said, without good, there is no evil and visa versa. I'm talking about, when the great shift happens, we could potentially be on another plain of existence where there is no evil. Only good remains.

Humans believe that it would be dreadfully boring living in a world where nothing bad happened. Would it be boring living in a world where people weren't tortured? Or raped?

Or how about a world where people didn't have to worry about whether or not they were going to eat the next day because they didn't have enough money?

I would love to live in world where there was nothing but peace. Potentially, where we shed ourselves of our human bodies, and only our souls remained. Truly ascending.

That's what I strive for in life. Peace of mind so I can ascend and my soul can be in light.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Very nice post and keep on keepin on, as they say. I'm with you and if enough people achieve that same mindset then anything is possible. John Lennon once said, Imagine...

It's like ripples in a pond and we've only just begun but looking at the world this past century and how far we've come I believe anything is possible if we put our hearts and minds together.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I would love to live in a world where no bad happens. Only the misguided think bad is necessary. That world does not exist presently, people take risks they shouldn't and then they try to remedy the problems they make by taking it from those who do not like risk. This is what the government does, it gives to the risktakers from the cautious all the time in "for the good of the people" disguise. Sure the good people benefit from this also but the people who built their homes in risky places or made risky investments with others savings do not get punished and have to pay for their risk taking in this society. Do you think you are safe because you have life insurance for your family if something happens? No, if something major happens, the companies aren't worth much and will go bankrupt. There are good companies and good people out there but the numbers are dwindling. I know there is no heaven in my future so I would like to make this world into heaven by staying out of the crooked dealings going on everywhere. I do not like to lie, although it is necessary to say a white lie sometimes to protect the feelings of others. I only want what I have earned but feel it necessary that help is beneficial temporarily in times of need. Instead of giving people money for nothing when times are tough, give them a chance to earn it. Bring back real jobs to America. that will be a great new beginning.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Thank you for your very kind post.

If people could only see how much potential human beings have. How much love we can have for one another, things would be so different.

That is why I look forward to this great change. People will finally see.

I thank you kindly for your optimism and beautiful words.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I thank you for your post, but I do not want you to think that you have no Heaven in your future. There is a Heaven for those who love and do not make others suffer.

If you have made people suffer in the past, be sorry for what you've done, and never do it again. Making people suffer is not love. It only causes pain.

Do not look in the past, and judge your current self based on that. Be sorry for what you have done, and then move on. The present and the future are the only things that matter. A great change is coming. Believe that something good will happen. There is a chance for everyone, you just have to have love.

edit on 24-11-2012 by Quyll because: Edit to post.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I have not intentionally made anyone suffer in the past. I have not overcharged anyone for my work preformed. I was a builder but the quality of the materials I used raised my prices and I made less profits than most contractors, giving the people their moneys worth in most cases. I am a poor salesman, I feel that what we need is more important than what we want. I did not get rich because of this but am happy with my past, I would not change anything or I would not be who I am. Sure, I have made mistakes but a mistake isn't a mistake if you learn from it...it is a learning experience. I learned from the mistakes of others also, something that many others also do.

I had good teachers in my life, people who were honest and compassionate for others. I even learned from people who were the opposite of that, but I do not desire to be like them. We learn from everything if we want to be complete. I have no respect for others just because they are rich but I do not condemn them because of their wealth either. it is how you gain your wealth that is important in my opinion, if you force hardship on others to gain it is evil. People have to earn what they have though or it doesn't have any personal meaning attached to it. If you inherited the wealth it is what you do with it that counts. Giving people work so they can support their families is a good use of your wealth and you can profit by this also. Overpaying a person for their services is not good either, it creates an imbalance and chaos in the society. We need the rich to create work for people, something that is being improperly done nowadays. The rich are moving their money amongst themselves now, that will bring upon a collapse of these societies.

According to the texts, we do not go to heaven when we die, we enter into a place of waiting. Maybe later we will be allowed to be considered. I don't really care, I just want to be the best person I can be while here on earth. That does not mean I desire to give my compassion or money to deceivers though. If someone enters the frying pan than they deserve to suffer the consequences on their own. I will not bail these kind of people out till they learn their lesson. Most people go right back into the frying pan when they get bailed out right away and they try to drag us in so we feel sorry for them. People have to learn from young that they are responsible for their actions, sure everyone messes up but if they suffer no ill effects they will try again. That is what we call punishment for your actions.

I wish I had learned everything the easy way but I would have never believed it otherwise. As you get older you learn if you have a conscience and have the right teachers. I am in heaven, I see people a lot worse off than I am and I appreciate everything I have even though it is not nearly what others have. Most of the stuff I cherish the most is worthless. Memories behind these things is more valuable to me than what value man assigns to them.

WOW, why do my replies get so long, I got to work on keeping them down.

edit on 24-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by Quyll

Getting rid of the Ego doesn't mean having no emotions, what do you think Love is? It means balancing those emotions, having them but keeping them in check!

In order for us to have no War and Peace yes we need an awaking to happen, but before the awaking their needs to be a Harvest, ie taking out certain powers, religious groups, and all the negativity keeping us down basically. After these have been eliminated then we can begin living in real peace! Great thread btw!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would love to live in a world where our highest goal was to serve others. Then if we could figure out what the others are here for we might have a chance.

What you are describing is pretty much how heaven is supposed to be. The mentally ill are cured and have whole minds again, the evil are sent to whatever version of hell or nothingness is real and all the rest live in peace and harmony with the ability to pursue whatever field of work or learning makes them happy.

And that, as a bible believing Christian, is what I am looking forward to in the afterlife. But with my luck it will probably just be SSDD (Same Stuff, Different Dimension)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

Thank you!

Yes, the ego is what is really bringing us down. It's what causes us to say, "Without evil there is no good", and visa versa.

It's also what causes jealousy, rage, anger, and a lot of other negative emotions.

Without ego, you have what human beings really are; love. You have patience, compassion, and happiness.

Take away the ego, the chaos, and the materialism in this world, and what are you left with? Love.

The great shift will expose the evil in this world for what it is, and will dispose of it.

Only love will remain.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no such thing as an "end" in the sense that everyone fears. Nothing is created nor destroyed - it only changes. The nature of the universe is motion, is change so surprising? The stronger the motion, the more pronounced the change. There's been a lot of activity recently - we must either change, or we will plunge into chaos. Chaos is resistance to change. If we resist for too long, we will regress.

Soon, we will either progress - or regress! There is no true end, only change!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I would love to live in a world where our highest goal was to serve others. Then if we could figure out what the others are here for we might have a chance.

What you are describing is pretty much how heaven is supposed to be. The mentally ill are cured and have whole minds again, the evil are sent to whatever version of hell or nothingness is real and all the rest live in peace and harmony with the ability to pursue whatever field of work or learning makes them happy.

And that, as a bible believing Christian, is what I am looking forward to in the afterlife. But with my luck it will probably just be SSDD (Same Stuff, Different Dimension)

It is what I believe Heaven is as well, but I also believe that in a sense, the great change will cause Heaven on Earth.

I have terrible luck as well, but I am being surprisingly optimistic about this.

I believe something amazing will happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

Love has caused more deaths than anything. It begets jealousy then hatred. It is not as simple as you ascribe.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Love with an enforcement of ego has caused a lot of deaths. Love without ego has helped so many people.

Jealousy is an emotion of the ego.

If you stand back from the ego for a minute, and you look at the situation at hand, it is more than likely that the problem can be solved without the death of another.

Love and ego are two very very different things.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Want a new beginning? An idea:

All kinds of political/economic systems can be made to look good on paper. But as soon as CORRUPT INDIVIDUALS work their way into pivotal positions in ANY system, failure of that system becomes a possibility (or more realistically, a likelihood).

So far, throughout history, nearly every society has run into that problem.and failed because of it.
This is mainly because those who first institute a system fail to completely safeguard against it.
Proper safeguarding may be possible, in which case many different systems are likely equally viable.
So there needn’t be a single, global system.

Within any system there can never be complete, 100% equality between all of the necessary divisions of implementation. To maintain orderly function there necessarily has to be positions that come with power to wield authority over criminal, disruptively antisocial, truly subversive or “insane” behavior…etc. And then there needs to be a mechanism to wield authority over those positions and so on.

The problem ALWAYS come down to accountability and transparency.
When a system has holes in accountability and transparency there will be opportunities for corruption and failure.

So, the first order of business in the implementation of a system has to be ensuring that every action taken…every day…every hour…every minute if deemed necessary of ANYONE who is in a position of authority must be accounted for and made completely available to EVERYBODY.
It should be understood that any persons willing to fill positions of authority must also be willing to do so in the complete open. And compensation for their service should be commensurate with this sacrifice of privacy.
Call it a Transparentocracy.
Instead of the government turning surveillance on the populace, the populace must have complete surveillance on the government.
And in the case of a system that incorporates profit motive in its economic framework (which leads to a ladder of greater and greater financial authority to those who perform best) the level of transparency should increase with each step up the ladder. You want to be rich? You have to lead a more transparent life. The question “if you have nothing to hide then you should have no problem being surveilled…right?” is often asked of the populace by the authorities today. It should be asked OF the authorities BY the populace.
When I use the words “position of authority” I am not applying it in punitive sense. I mean it as any position in which one is responsible to AUTHORIZE an action taken by the system or is beyond a certain threshold of economic activity that affects more than a person’s private life. The threshold could be any position with the authority to hire or fire more than 10 people, or the authority to decide on pay scales within a company…etc.
A “Transparentocracy” therefore would not be controlling the decisions (whereas socialism and communism DOES) but it would ensure that these decisions are made completely openly by people who have demonstrated (by their level of willingness to lead ever increasingly transparent lives) their honesty and sincerity.
THESE people would very naturally become role models and be upheld as good citizens instead of what we see today where the corrupt rich control the media and use it to falsely portray themselves as “the cream of the crop” to be almost worshipped. (This actually started during the Great Depression when nearly every movie made revolved around characters who lived obscenely opulently and were always shown to be “pillars of society” when nothing could have been further from the truth)

Schooling would also play an important part by adopting teaching approaches that foster openness and participation.

It shouldn’t take a revolution to start a “Transparentocracy”. Right now it could start within our own system in the US using legal mechanisms already in place.
What IS needed would be to make this idea part of public discourse.
Now that we have the interwebs…it shouldn’t really be that difficult to spread.
If it catches on, hopefully, the complete structure of a Transparentocracy can be an open source project in order to refine it and build viable details into it.
There can be blueprints for a Democratic Transparentocracy or a Social Transparentocracy or possibly even a Communal Transparentocracy developed.
Or a blend of any number of philosophical approaches to government.

Communist China has blurred from hard-line communism to a hybrid of capitalism and very but much less hard-line communism…moving slowly along the scale toward authoritarian socialism.

In the US, a democratic republic has been blurred from highly capitalistic to a hybrid of capitalism and very authoritarian socialism.

Europe is so incredibly obviously a flat out hybrid of capitalism and very authoritarian socialistic entity.

tbc...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join