It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly mistake: IDF wipes out Palestinian family due to technical error

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The Israeli Defense Force has confirmed that while targeting Hamas’ rocket chief it mistakenly bombed the home of the Al-Dalou family, killing at least 11 civilians, four of them children and toddlers.

Link for more details:
rt.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is all part of the job for the IDF.
They'll just dismiss it saying "oops, colateral damage. Our bad" and move on.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how much hatred there is from ATS against Israel about this mistake.

US drones make mistakes like this every month, and hardly anyone shouts 'destroy America'.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
At least the idf are actually having a go at hitting legitimate targets

As opposed to you know, firing off rockets indescriminately like Hamas

Just sayin

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think it's an absolute tragedy, but it's not like the people living in the house that was destroyed didn't know the dude living next door was a leader in Hamas.. If you're living in a war zone and you're letting your family live next to the rocket chief of a terrorist organization that Israel has stated they want to kill, you're just asking for trouble.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingInArmour
I think it's an absolute tragedy, but it's not like the people living in the house that was destroyed didn't know the dude living next door was a leader in Hamas.. If you're living in a war zone and you're letting your family live next to the rocket chief of a terrorist organization that Israel has stated they want to kill, you're just asking for trouble.

True enough. But if you're poor, what are you supposed to do? Magically transport your family somewhere else?

On the flip side, If Israel is trying to wipe out Palestinians, why even admit to such a terrible mistake, and investigate it?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stinka

Originally posted by stinka
At least the idf are actually having a go at hitting legitimate targets

As opposed to you know, firing off rockets indescriminately like Hamas

Just sayin

People like you are weird. At no point am I saying one that Hamas are ok and the IDF aren't. I'm just posting about a sad piece of news that could have a large effect on people and you stomp in saying: 'Hey, they aren't as bad as the other guys'.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SleepingInArmour

It doesn't say whether they knew they were a neighbour of a target. Also with such a problem when it comes to housing, such an over-crowding and homelessness problem due in part to an economy that can't export it's goods, inflated prices of medicines as they are hard to get into the country, building supplies almost impossible to get into the country and buildings being bulldozed they may have been just trying to take a risk in order to save their family from dying on the streets.

But sure, you're right it's their fault for living in the same area as the rocket chief of the government.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
True enough. But if you're poor, what are you supposed to do? Magically transport your family somewhere else?

Indeed, it's a true shame whether they had the finances to move or not. Granted there's even a probability that they were indeed poor or struggling, but no matter how poor I am, my life and that of my family is more important than my house. I just assume leave it and never come back.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

On the flip side, If Israel is trying to wipe out Palestinians, why even admit to such a terrible mistake, and investigate it?

I don't think Israel is trying to wipe out Palestinians...but I guess admitting such a mistake is better than having somebody else bring it to light later on. That would make the IDF look even worse.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

"Israel has killed a family of eleven people this evening, and many, many more. If Israel wants to stop its aggression, then we can talk. But before then, how could we consider any deal?" Salama Maroof, a senior Hamas spokesman told the Daily Telegraph.

Hamas's military wing said earlier: "The massacre of the Dalou family will not pass without punishment.

Sadly, looks like this may have blown any talks that might have been in the works for a truce.

Neither side will quit now, and now Israel is threatening ground troops.

Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi has said an Israeli ground invasion would have "serious repercussions", saying Egypt would never accept it "and neither will the free world".

Let's just hope that this will be resolved soon, very soon....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Rubbish...thats typical of the israeli's ..... guess technical error is israeli for we just murdered more palestinians .... regardless what they call it murder is murder ....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
'In a war as such, there are no civilians.'
-- Adolf Hitler

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You are really sleeping armour..
They have nowehere to go. At least show some respect, so you can ask for it when you need it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame
'In a war as such, there are no civilians.'
-- Adolf Hitler

A very nice quote..A genius philosopher..Adolf Hitler...

edit on 19-11-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

They have nowehere to go. At least show some respect, so you can ask for it when you need it.

It really is a tragedy that Hamas is preventing some civilians from leaving, hopefully enough of the Palestinians will wake up, stand up together, and fight back against the terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
But sure, you're right it's their fault for living in the same area as the rocket chief of the government.
y

Of course, if the rocket chief of the terrorist organisation, Hamas, ever thought about protecting palestinian civilians he would not be living amongst them, using them as human shields.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Explanation: And ...

Of course, if the chief of the terrorist organisation, Israel, ever thought about protecting Israeli civilians he would not be living amongst them, using them as human shields.

Personal Disclosure: It goes both ways ok!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

It really is a tragedy that Hamas is preventing some civilians from leaving, hopefully enough of the Palestinians will wake up, stand up together, and fight back against the terrorists.

Seriously........
Anyway, where do you live?
And how old are you?
These questions are important so that I can understand how can you reach such a logic.
edit on 19-11-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Of course, if the chief of , Israel, ever thought about protecting Israeli civilians he would not be living amongst them, using them as human shields

he is not.... The Israeli government has built many bomb shelters for their people, have a air raid warning system, have an air defence system to stop terrorist attacks

the Hamas terrorist government.... uses their civilians as human shields, and hides amongst them!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join