It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you liberals!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
If you choose to opt out of obamacare next year then your taxes will be even more,,I make good money too, Im also thinkin about giving up my job and moving to another country. NOT because of Obama but because Im not working my butt of to pay for things we dont need, like: drones,foreign aid,foreign wars, building foreign gov in other countries, cell phones for idiots, and it would be the same if Romney ever had a chance and won, he is for ALL of those things..except the cell phones
edit on 18-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

Your probably right about opting out and I agree with you about Romney... it was a lose lose..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

He doesn't comprehend a percentage of a percentage....

He thinks he'll be paying 50% when it's actually only 24%, as it should be and should have been all along.

30% of 18%= 5.4%
18+5.4=23.4
So he'll be paying 23.4% which is still less than the 25% he should be paying at that salary range....

I've seen people do things like this in contract negotiations. They'll take a percentage cut, then a percentage raise which equals out to about what they had in the first place thinking they got a "big raise". It's easier to manipulate people who refuse to think

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I dont think I've ever seen that flag. What is it?

That is the US Civil Flag. "Old Glory" is technically the US War Flag. Gold fringe around "Old Glory" denotes Maritime Admiralty Law jurisdiction. I find this subject extremely interesting, but most find it controversial to say the least.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

You're very welcome, and your frustrations make not a bit of difference to me. If you want to complain to someone, complain to your boss and get a new job. Or better yet, move to another country. Maybe they'll take your bad attitude and your overcharged credit card.

Because I'll have you know one thing sir: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO WITHOUT FOR WEEKS ON END. People like you pee me off quite badly, because you think you have crap to complain about and you don't know any of it.

Live my life for a month and see how you feel about your posh situation, Mr Taxed.

Sincerely, a liberal who lives liberally.

edit on 18-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by ColoradoJens

He doesn't comprehend a percentage of a percentage....

30% of 18%= 5.4%
18+5.4=23.4
So he'll be paying 23.4% which is still less than the 25% he should be paying at that salary range....

That might sound good, but its not 30% of 18%
It’s an expected 30% increase tax of my current gross in addition to the 18% I already pay. This is specific to my income tax bracket. (105,000 – 250,000) or whatever the cap is.

The math may be off, and I hope it is.. its extremely complicated to juggle various multinational tax rates and keep them strait, as we also pay tax to whatever host country we happen to be working in throughout the year. I may be a little off on the exact percentage going to US Federal Withholding and SS, but not by much..

Like I said earlier, the corporate meeting isnt for a few weeks, we were only given a “Friendly Heads-Up” by direct supervisor, who is also a representative of the board, of what to expect from corporate which is who will be passing down the exact information.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Because I'll have you know one thing sir: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO WITHOUT FOR WEEKS ON END. People like you pee me off quite badly, because you think you have crap to complain about and you don't know any of it.

Live my life for a month and see how you feel about your posh situation, Mr Taxed.

You have not idea what your talking about. I would explain it to you, but its obvious you haven’t read or understood any of the previous post… try that first… then tell me what I have no idea of.. lol

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff

reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I dont think I've ever seen that flag. What is it?

That is the US Civil Flag. "Old Glory" is technically the US War Flag. Gold fringe around "Old Glory" denotes Maritime Admiralty Law jurisdiction. I find this subject extremely interesting, but most find it controversial to say the least.

Thank you for the info!!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
]

"My qualms are not with the poor my good man. My qualms are with the millions of third and fourth generation welfare recipients that I have to take money from my family to feed, those who are capable but never work a day in their lives."

Qualms WITH welfare recipients (ie the poor) but NOT with the mega banks and their megawelfare bailouts (talk about REALLY taking our money), the bloodthirsty and moneyhungry pentagon, the partisan and politically vocal, untaxed megachurches, the ultra wealthy that pay jackcrap taxes and receive millionaire refunds of, again, OUR family-feeding (as you so dramatically put it) money???

Your agenda is transparent as well as your hypocrisy.

YOU are part of the problem.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO WITHOUT FOR WEEKS ON END. People like you pee me off quite badly, because you think you have crap to complain about and you don't know any of it.

My question is what is it you think I do for a living?? You have no idea.. so how could even assume you could make an intelligible argument of what I have and haven’t experienced! Your stereotyping me based on income and nothing more, is all the evidence I need to know you are out of your league in playing the guessing game.
The fact you let your ignorance and emotion speak for you speaks volumes to me. A specific financial income alone has no bearing as to who a person is or what they are able to endure.

I will tell you, from reading your post you are obviously way off in your assumption of my employment..and I can almost guarantee that I have probably lived in your shoes for years my friend.
edit on 18-11-2012 by JBpage76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Thats the problem with americans. Always looking for someone to blame... it's gone to hell because americans dont stand up and march in the streets over the destruction of the constitution..
edit on 18-11-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

Fear not the fight is brewing.

Why, because something has directly affected (or will soon affect) you and your co-workers? If you are in the top 6% and this is an issue with you, I understand your complaint, however.. there is another 94% that you might want to convince. Generally, people feel that the "fight is brewing" only when something is affecting them directly-and sometimes not even then

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think I speak for us all, when we say, "our pleasure to serve you." Also, don't think we're done. You'll be a Moslem, transexual pacifist before we're through with you. Thanks for finally acknowledging our contributions to making the world a better place!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wish people would realize that it does not really matter who gets voted into office. The president is NOT in charge. It is the same game regardless of who gets elected. You think some peon president making 400k-few million a year has any say so over banks and coorp's who make billions? Take your frusteration out on the source. That being said, Yes Obama is a dirtbag, so is Romney, Bush, etc etc etc.

Gs

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a daily dose of derp

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Thats the problem with americans. Always looking for someone to blame... it's gone to hell because americans dont stand up and march in the streets over the destruction of the constitution..
edit on 18-11-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

Fear not the fight is brewing.

Why, because something has directly affected (or will soon affect) you and your co-workers? If you are in the top 6% and this is an issue with you, I understand your complaint, however.. there is another 94% that you might want to convince. Generally, people feel that the "fight is brewing" only when something is affecting them directly-and sometimes not even then

That’s a good point and very true. Thank you for posting.

No the fight brewing that I am referring to has little if anything to do with work. I am referring more specifically to the growing number of citizens starting to get off the couch and voice their opinions, forming local militia or citizen awareness groups.

Just in my state and community alone.. the number of people starting to get involved is impressive, and its growing daily. Whatever a persons political stances are, its good to see people standing up for their beliefs, getting educated and not just being sheep.

By request, I have helped develop “Family Emergency Readiness” and “Disaster Survival” courses which was initially targeted for individual families, but has since developed into a community education program. One that hosts almost a dozen instructors now, and has even participated in joint training exercises with local emergency response agencies. However, thats a different thread all together.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
]

"My qualms are not with the poor my good man. My qualms are with the millions of third and fourth generation welfare recipients that I have to take money from my family to feed, those who are capable but never work a day in their lives."

Qualms WITH welfare recipients (ie the poor) but NOT with the mega banks and their megawelfare bailouts (talk about REALLY taking our money), the bloodthirsty and moneyhungry pentagon, the partisan and politically vocal, untaxed megachurches, the ultra wealthy that pay jackcrap taxes and receive millionaire refunds of, again, OUR family-feeding (as you so dramatically put it) money???

Your agenda is transparent as well as your hypocrisy.

YOU are part of the problem.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

No, not "IE the poor" Read the post again but more slowly.
as for the mega corps, ect....Oh, I’ve got plenty of issues with them as well, but that’s a lot to cram into one thread. Don’t you think?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I LOL when I hear people complain about the president (Clinton, Bush, Obama...) when it comes to law and taxes. People are placing their anger in to wrong place! IT IS CONGRESS WHO LEGISLATES AND CONTROLS THE MONEY! Most of which, are cronies to Wall Street, Goldman-Sachs, JP Morgan, or were privious employees of such. That is "We the People"s fault for voting for those scumbags. All the president does is either sign the bill to law, or veto. Even at that, a vote of 2/3rds majority of the Senate and House can overide the president. If people want to cry about taxes, look to congress.

As far as welfare goes, corporate welfare is 1000x more costly than individual welfare is to the taxpayer. I don't get "bailed out" if I mismanage my money. At what point is the taxpayer "too big to fail"?
edit on 18-11-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Well, I obviously hit a nerve. Maybe you should think about how I just made you feel before you start another thread like this.

Not at all. No hurt feelings here.

I should clarify.

Being shown your own hypocrisy is obviously unnerving to the point of getting defensive. I've read the thread and you have unsuccessfully tried to side step the fact that you don't understand math.

"Well...uh....there's all of these international tax things...and...umm....yadda yadda yadda."

-JBpage76 after realizing s/he should learn math

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thank you NDAA, NDRP, Patriot Act, 30,000 drones over the US by 2015.

Thank you Obama for killing an innocent American Citizen in Yemen, thank you Obama for staying in Afghanistan for opium. Thank you Obama for leading this country into a modern 1984!

Thank you Obama! Hail Great Leader! I feel so free!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if you make 100k and they take 50% your still doing fine.

try living off of 20k when they take 30% its not easy.

that's why people are pissed off,.. besides its not our fault that the people with money that run business don't give a crap about people, your just resources to them.
and now that their free ride is coming to an end they are throwing fits like the stupid frat p.o.s.'s they are and passing the bills that they should be paying to their employees.

I actually kinda feel sorry for you because apparently you have no idea your being played by the system just because your doing a little better than the average American.

.... and just in case you're wondering,.. yes I am eating government cheese collecting unemployment because it still pays me more than I have been offered from anyone in the last 8 months..... and I am still required to pay taxes on that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Well OP, I understand your pain from your point of view but seriously, you are making like 5 times what I make a year and I really doubt that you are working 5 times as hard or are 5 times starter or have 5 times my education or even deserve 5 times my salary.

So from my point of view, I can't share your pain on paying 4%~ more in taxes.

The economy is bad and going down, you should be happy to still have a job and a good one too.

Not to mention that it was the gov't. who paid for his education.. so no loan repayments, and some people even look at the free education as a form of (if not welfare), but 'entitlement'. An entitlement program at the very least.

All is good while one is doing the taking, but when taxes are increased as a result of our economy, that same person who once utilized and progressed from those taxes, and because of taxes actually played the role in getting that same person where he is today........ugh.......what hypocracy.

You took, you prospered, now it's your turn to give back... it's what we do. You can't just take until you are satisfied, leave the country with your employer, and expect less taxes forever. That is what you expect, isn't that why you are angry OP? And your math skills need to be adjusted. The increase in your taxes are just that, in your taxes-so, 30% on top of your 18%. Lets be real, nobody is paying 50% as you mentioned. Your employer either explained things wrong, (intentionally or not), or you misunderstood.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join