It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous takes down over 650 Israeli sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Anonymous takes down over 650 Israeli sites

thenextweb.com

When the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) this week began taking military action in the Gaza strip against Hamas (as the IDF announced on Twitter), Anonymous declared its own war as part of #OpIsrael.

While the Israeli government almost certainly has backups of the aformentioned databases, these attacks as well as the defacements show Anonymous isn’t just doing its usual spree of overloading target sites. OpIsrael appears to have gotten multiple hackers involved who are interested in doing actual damage, or at least something that is slightly more permanent than just a 404.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.itnews.com.au
english.alarabiya.net

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I dont want to say too much about it, but i thought to bring this to ATS attention...
Dunno if this has been posted before... Found nuttin...
I think this is an important manipulation of the ongoing warmongering and will bring in some new levels into the game...

What do you think about it?

Peace, love and light
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

thenextweb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just got this message at facebook:

Bank of Jerusalem database has been deleted | www.bankjerusalem.co.il... | #OpIsrael #Anonymous
בנק ירושלים
www.bankjerusalem.co.il

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Way to go Anon. Keep up the good work.

+47 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here's the thing, though: Anonymous has taken up the mantle of a vigilante organization. When that happens, the inevitable questions are -

Does this group think it's above the law?

Does this group have morals we feel comfortable with?

Where does this group draw the line?

Can we count on it to do what's right, even when it wants to do otherwise?

How do we know this group is legitimate, and not a cover?

How do we know this group won't eventually work for itself, rather than the people?

Vigilante groups scare me. They can be useful, but they're also unstable. Do you want a rabid dog to guard your family?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
dunno how to embed this vid...?

Anonymous - A Message To Gaza and Israel of Unity & Peace

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yay, they DDOS things until they come back up again.

Also, there's already a thread about this already I think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well what they are doing is better than just sitting at a computer bumping your gums at all the atrocities going on around the world. I consider apathy much scarier than Annon.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whosthatgirl

Sitting here "bumping your gums" is a sign that we can still speak freely. If Anon gets out of hand, who knows how quickly that could ruin it for the rest of us?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Thank you for sharing that great video. I enjoyed it so much I decided to make my first attempt ever at embedding a Youtube video. Here goes...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Again I will reiterate, something is better than nothing. So far, they seem on the right track, No one else is doing ANYTHING productive. People have been complaining about Anon for ages suggesting they are going to somehow turn out to be the bad guys, so far that hasnt happened. I for one feel better having a glimmer of hope that they may be a power for good.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Whosthatgirl

Sitting here "bumping your gums" is a sign that we can still speak freely. If Anon gets out of hand, who knows how quickly that could ruin it for the rest of us?

They don't want to go into open war against us.. A dogs bark might be worse than his bite, but if he is prevented from barking there is only one thing left to do.

at the same time this will happen at some point with or without anon. Id prefer they ptb have to rush their plans. Be forced to react instead of act.

meanwhile anon are doing more than just ddos... They have stepped it up a notch here. Check out the articles.. Check out the sites... Some of those sites are just plain dead, not 404...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i wonder if anonymous is blocking any hamas sites ....????

you know just to be fair and all ...

opps... that was a stupid thing to say

anyone with a tad of interlect knows, that israeli cant shut down the deep web, and thats where important stuff happens, so a few sites for us click and point noobies may go down. it probably will make little difference
edit on 17-11-2012 by jericanman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

Embedding videos isn't that hard. Find the = sign in the url of the youtube video, copy everything that comes after it (don't include the equal sign) click the youtube vid button right up there with all the fonts and everything, and paste the copied portion. Then post.

Voila. You've embedded a video.

But those videos make Anonymous sound like a bunch of kids trying to be taken seriously even though they speak of topics without any real understanding. They lack the finesse, and they overlook the subtleties. BrickSquad nailed them without a problem. Is that really what Anonymous is all about? Pulling pranks, throwing tantrums, making threats, and then getting stomped whenever a bigger more experienced hacktivist group decides to test them?

Pfft.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Way to go Anon. Keep up the good work.

yeah, because the worlds problems are all caused by the jews...gee, where have i heard that before.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yes

No

It doesn't

No

Interesting. We don't. Though they seem far too competent to be CIA/Mossad/Illuminati etc

How do we know this group won't eventually work for itself, rather than the people?

It always has. We are nothing but collateral to them

Edit: an interesting question though: whom do I dislike more? Anonymous or the Israeli Govt? That's a close one.
edit on 17-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

at the same time this will happen at some point with or without anon. Id prefer they ptb have to rush their plans. Be forced to react instead of act.

That's the problem though! If TPTB are forced to react, then they will be justified in their measures. If Anonymous doesn't force their hand, that's when the people get upset because their freedoms are being taken without cause.

Who's to say that isn't what Anonymous is doing? Making a name for themselves, then providing a false flag so the government can put its foot down and enact SOPA or whatever? We don't know if they are, and we don't know if they're not.

Is that really the kind of chance you want to take? You want them to give the government a reason to silence us? There's a difference between utilizing loopholes and launching outright attacks against foreign governments. There's peaceful, and there's vicious.

Anonymous is really toeing that line.
edit on 17-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
GOOD!!

Israel = the WORLDS BIGGEST TERRORISTS.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here's the thing, though: Anonymous has taken up the mantle of a vigilante organization. When that happens, the inevitable questions are -

Which particular laws are you thinking of? Just curious.

Although I have no idea what the proffessed morals of Anon might be, I can say this. By evidence of thier actions as political activists to date, I would say that thier morals are more sound than those of any national or world government, and even surpass those of some humanitarian organisations in terms of their determination to see people free from the bonds that bind them. I for one feel VERY comfortable with that.

Perhaps the most unfortunate thing about Anon, is that they have never made that clear. However, perhaps in order to be effective, they cannot publish such information? After all, what would the powerful and greedy in this world to fear, if they know the limitations of those who oppose them?

Thats a difficult one,because it depends what your definition of "right" is. I highly doubt that Anon will start causing reactor meltdowns and power grid malfunctions right and left, because it has already indicated its disgust at matters pertaining to collateral damage in battle. Short of that though, again, no one knows where the line is. However, governments and private organisations do worse than they have done so far, on a daily basis, and unlike Anon, thier targets are the weak and defenseless amongst us all to often. I know which I prefer.

This is, in my opinion, the best question in your post. The answer of course, is that we dont. Even if every member you could positively identify swore blind, and believed that he was part of a non government sponsored, all earth citizen resistance to power, there COULD potentially be a shadowy controller at the back of all of this. But there again, what purpose would be served for any nation on Earth? Anon has had a crack at most of the big nasties out there, as well as western democracies. I cannot see who would benefit from thier actions, apart from those they claim to seek to protect.

Again, we dont know anything about them with certainty. All we can do is judge them by thier actions, the way we judge everything else if we have any sense.

Vigilante groups scare me. They can be useful, but they're also unstable. Do you want a rabid dog to guard your family?

Using the term vigilante inspires one to think of the old west, where vigilantes were as dangerous, if not more dangerous than the bandits they hunted, and used terrifying means to achieve thier ends, means which terrified EVERYONE because of thier shocking violence and sadism.

I really cannot use the term vigilante in reference to Anon, because nothing they have done as a political activist organisation, no terms they have used, threats they have made, strike me as being terrifying. They will be very troublesome for the people of the world who use thier power to crush innocence, but no one else appears to have anything to fear from them what so ever. Perhaps when they start threatening working class grafters who put thier all into earning the pittance allowed by thier status and social position, then I will get concerned. But really, I cannot see that happening, based on what I have already seen from them.

We need to judge this group, by what it does, and what it says about what it does. We have nothing else to go on after all.
edit on 17-11-2012 by TrueBrit because: Added quote marks.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

whether they use anon as an excuse or if they make their own excuse they will make a play on the internet at some point. I feel like they have been taken aback the last year or so. Seems their plans aren't all that changeable. They need certain steps to take place. We don't..

Besides you did notice they have tried at least 4 times so far to make sweeping moves in this direction.. For the anon excuse to work public opinion has to be against them completely. Just try and imagine Americans with no internet... Scary things..

Don't give your enemy rest.... Best defense is a good offense..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join