It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I've been out all day, so this is the first I'm hearing about any live streams going on.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
No confirmed ground assault but I have been hearing possible tank noises and early this morning saw a couple tanks being transported. So it's only a matter of time.

Israel could be attacking the media towers so they can hide their tactics? Problem is, the world is watching.

I'm listening in on Harry's Ustream and it sounds like a damn airshow
with a couple of BOOMS here and there. No tank sounds. Yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Just a question, not wanting to start an argument but are attacks on media against the geneva convention? or international law of sorts?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

cheers dude got my pm then lol

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Soulece
No confirmed ground assault but I have been hearing possible tank noises and early this morning saw a couple tanks being transported. So it's only a matter of time.

Israel could be attacking the media towers so they can hide their tactics? Problem is, the world is watching.

I'm listening in on Harry's Ustream and it sounds like a damn airshow
with a couple of BOOMS here and there. No tank sounds. Yet.

What I'm refering to is what Auro was as awell as another person. There was a engine grinding noise. Ive counted twice ive heard close ranges possible tank noises. If that makes sense. It's not common, however. I wish I had more point of views.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Last i knew they were.

although rules change a lot anymore.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That is currently the accusation that I'm reading all over Twitter, so I'm going to say that it probably is. I believe that it is only a war crime if done intentionally, though, and it is arguable that with all the bombing going on that it was an accident.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Provided that the media isn't embedded with a military unit, or in a target area, then they are supposed to be protected, or at least all effort made to not hurt them. If they're in an area where the fighting is going on, then they're fair game, just like everyone else in that area.

reply to post by jerseychannelislands

Yeah, just got home. Not to say things have been moving fast, but your link was to about 8 pages back. Hah.

Probably won't be paying attention, so if any more aviation questions feel free to U2U me and I'll get to them as soon as I can. Spent a disgusting amount of money on books today, so I'm going to be distracted.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Also Hamas will use places like these to a military type advantage then scream when they are attacked.

link   
I'm wondering, what method are they using to upload the video? Cellular networks or some kind of L band satellite uplink?

edit on 11/17/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Soulece

Yes, I confirm there was a weird grinding noise. Really weird. Only heard it the once though.

I heard what I assumed what some sort of mechanised artillery but it appears now that was from naval gunships. (Also being reported on twitter as such, and yes I know, not entirely a credible source)

I have to go for now, battery is nearly flat and I think my nerves are a bit rattled.

Keep up the information guys and remember, no hate, and try to be as unbiased as possible! Which is hard I know when we are witnessing such tragedy. There are no winners in war. No winners in death and untold suffering.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just read that it looks like over 20 Israeli warplanes look sort of like they're just kind of hovering over Nusirait in the middle of Gaza.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm only watching to see where this goes.
I feel like this is the start of the end game...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Gaza Strip is home to a population of more than 1.5 million people, including 1.1 million Palestine refugees.

www.unrwa.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

it very well could be, just depends on how things
fold out, and who gets involved as things go on.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can confirm at least 6 journalists were injured in that airstrike. Story forthcoming.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Looks like one of them had his feet amputated.

twitter

Not the first twitter post I've seen saying this.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Is Harry on live or is it just the sounds of what's going on?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Just the sounds last I know he had to get some sleep finally.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
reply to post by riverwild

Just the sounds last I know he had to get some sleep finally.

His sound keeps cutting in and out for me.

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join