It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Sounds good.
Thanks for your input.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by lapi7

You seem to have everyone figured out.

It seems inconsistent that the notion of "having everyone figured out" in the context of the poster you are referring to is presented as a bad or unfair thing.

Objectively, there is perhaps a stronger statement of "having everyone figured out" in the OP. If we consider the following excerpts:

Originally posted by dominicus
Usually you are not aware of the Ego and are wrapped up in the self defense mechanisms and reactions to things.

Do a self inventory on yourself, and notice how you've gone most of your life wrapped up in the Ego

These statements directly accuse the audience of being "wrapped up" in self-defense mechanisms for "most of your life". This sounds like the OP has everyone figured out, but was not a source of confrontation?

It seems inconsistent that one would take exception with certain overly-assumptive statements regarding individuals, yet not take exception with a direct blanket assertion to the entire audience about their human failure.

In any event, I thought a comparison between the words being considered now and the words in the OP is very revealing as to the selective nature of bias.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me
It's my opinion that nobody ever fully sheds their ego. Not even a zen master or Jesus (if you will). The difference is how we react to the thoughts that arise. With practice, the ego does show itself less, but I would be skeptical of one who claims to have no ego.

A note from my ego taming practice: When I laugh at or curse someone silently in my thoughts, I find myself apologizing with thoughts right away. Not always. Sometimes I'm too upset. A work in progress.

I couldn't agree more.
There is no way to actually kill it or eliminate it but we can learn from it and learn to tame it and even better, learn to USE it to our advantage.

As it stands, the ego tends to use US more than we use IT.
This must change.
If we as a whole continue to be lead around and used by this "EGO" then we will only get more of what we already have in this world.

Even using the phrase "My Ego" tells you where you stand in relationship to it.
I trip up and say it too.
But really, when I stop and think about it, it isn't "Mine" at all.

It would be better to say "The" ego. imo.

anyway, great thoughts.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
It seems inconsistent that the notion of "having everyone figured out" in the context of the poster you are referring to is presented as a bad or unfair thing.

Once again, where did ANYONE mention ANYTHING about ANYTHING being "bad" or "unfair"?

And once again, these are words that YOU and only YOU are using because you are projecting what You want to hear in order for YOU to make sense of the discussion.

No one said ANYTHING about ANYTHING being "bad" or "unfair" and you would HAVE to know this.
A simple glance back at the posts you are referring to would reveal this.
However, YOU and only YOU have used these words as they give you the necessary platform you need with which to launch some sort of counter attack to a percieved attack.

Don't worry though, I am used to it.
My wife uses this one constantly.

Let's refrain from projecting/ hearing what we want to hear rather than what was said and let's stick to reading the actual words used.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

Once again, where did ANYONE mention ANYTHING about ANYTHING being "bad" or "unfair"?

And once again, these are words that YOU and only YOU are using because you are projecting what You want to hear in order for YOU to make sense of the discussion.

No one said ANYTHING about ANYTHING being "bad" or "unfair" and you would HAVE to know this.
A simple glance back at the posts you are referring to would reveal this.
However, YOU and only YOU have used these words as they give you the necessary platform you need with which to launch some sort of counter attack to a percieved attack.

Don't worry though, I am used to it.
My wife uses this one constantly.

Let's refrain from projecting/ hearing what we want to hear rather than what was said and let's stick to reading the actual words used.

Once again, you have avoided addressing content, this time with the tactic of diversion. You have chosen to redirect attention to semantics to avoid responding to inconsistencies in logic.

Semantcs. Very well. When you made the semi-sarcastic statement "you seem to have everyone figured out", are you trying to purport that the connotation was positive and/or benign? Typically, in the context of a discussion such as this, that statement has a negative connotation. One certainly does not say "you seem to have everyone figured out" and forthrightly, genuinely believe that the person really does have everyone figured out.

So, my analysis that this was construed as "bad" or "unfair" came directly from your own contextual negative connotation. Language has implications beyond the mere words.

This is becoming laborious as I feel we will be unable to engage in logical discourse. Thanks for the brief discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by Alda1981
as my old wing chun/tae kwon do teacher had told me... one spec of dust called another spec of dust an @sshole... so what?

it always soothes me to think about it.

although my current brazilian jiu jitsu teacher tells me to triangle choke them but.. anyway...

i just wanted to chime in here and let you know one thing pal...

you're avatar cracks me up

thanks a lot buddy
appreciated! many ppl seem to like it actually! i even get pm's of admiration for the little dude!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

This is a discourse on the ego and this is what I am discussing.
I will not be baited into a side argument with you or anyone else which detracts from the OP's intended purpose for the thread.

Try as you might, you will fail each and every time.
You are going to have to try with someone else my friend.

My ego is in check.
Is yours?

It might serve you well to sit the next couple of plays out and just observe.
You are not doing yourself any favors by continuing to post.
You are only exposing MORE of what the entire thread is about in the first place.

But, don't take MY word for it.
Have at it if you simply must keep proving the point of the thread.

I think I'll sit back and observe for a while myself.
This is starting to get good.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans,

Yes we are. Please forgive us.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Spoken like a champ.
Best post of the thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
im right..... youre wrong

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Made me smile this, its important to realise we are the worst species on the planet, we have destroyed it... but its also important to realise that we have achieved amazing things and done so much.. yin and yang i suppose..

I guess just like our ancestors did, we have to vent correctly, compassion is key here..

And it is not an easy skill to attain, to be able to take note from things you dont like to hear.. to be able to realise that 'those who cast aspersions are only mirroring themselves' or so to speak.

Many more people are becoming aware of this, realising that we aint 'ALL THAT'.. we could be... but people, where is the love? i see very little... everywhere.. it's a saddening experience...

Hopefully one that will change..

"My heart weeps for the lack of compassion in this world" - As said by some wise person, sometime..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Great thread!
The ego is something I often find myself pondering over.
I think that language, particularly western language makes it even more difficult to separate ones self from the ego. Oops! the english language just slipped me up on that last sentence.
Alan Watts talks extensively about language and how it conditions us if you're interested.
Youtube his name.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

my reaction to the title of your thread was that the OP was having a bad day.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeris
im right..... youre wrong

Nuuuh uhhh,

I'M right and YOU'RE wrong!!

I'm never wrong.

Seriously though,
I know there are people who think this way and it get's rather silly rather quickly.

Here's a great mental exercise to see how "in check" your ego is.....or isn't.

I don't like the word "enlightened" or "enlightenment" as it has no clear boundries, description, or definition.
It is a pretty subjective word as are most words when you really stop and think about it.

Now then,

1. Do you think that there is anyone alive who is more enlightened than yourself?
2. Do you think there is anyone here on ATS who is more enlightened than yourself?
3. Point that person out. Tell us who he or she is.

See, the point is, unless your ego is just so far out of check that there is no saving your soul, you would necessarily have to admit that you are not the most enlightened person on Earth. Although, from what I have seen thus far, there are a few of them in this thread.

Now then, out of the hundred thousand members or so on ATS, if you think you are the most enlightened person on this website then congratulations, you have outed yourself once again for being an ego maniac.

If you are unable to swallow your pride and without the use of sarcasm,jokes, etc put it out there for all of us to see, who YOU consider to be more enlightened than yourself then congratulations, you have spoken more by not answering than by actually saying anything at all.

What is bound to happen is a barrage of thinly veiled insults and derailments,distractions,and diversions, but there are a few members here who I would be shocked to hear an answer from.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

An eye see's everything but itself. Anything that an Eye see's, is not the eye.

Unless it looks at itself in the mirror.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Oh yeah!? Well....... your mother was a hamster.... and your father smells of elderberries!

I don't let people get me angry anymore. Depression however........ has been a difficult battle for me. I blame my depression on the state of the world we live in, but deep down I know it goes further than that. I need to meditate on this. Thanks for the distraction. I thought it was a rant about the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is the beginning of wisdom, of ego death, of Enlightenment.

There is no Ego to begin with, so your point is moot.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

An eye see's everything but itself. Anything that an Eye see's, is not the eye.

Unless it looks at itself in the mirror.

when u look thru your third eye or do an OOB u can see yourself without a mirror. the spirit looking down on the body.. is this not the spirit looking at the ego while it is dead (temporarily)?

and ur totally right OP. the responses on the thread are not only proving what you say to be true.. it is completely exposing the truth in your words. im certain that even the ats resident psychologists now have to think twice before they attempt to make a response that aims to deter others from understanding the separation.

ego = virtual consciousness spawned of the original spiritual consciousness. it can be shed both temporarily or permanently. but yes.. once one is in the flesh and utilizing objects of the material world they are still bound to the ego and its traits. however.. one in sync (spiritual channel), can speak from the ego while observing it's behaviour and also understanding its depth and reason. as the OP said.. it's a start.. and it goes alot deeper and more astonishing the more u focus and develop. for the beginner they would imagine sort of seeing themselves from the 3rd person perspective. it later evolves into actually seeing yourself from a 3rd person perspective both internally and externally.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What is the difference between plain ego and an alter ego, a super ego and a diseased ego?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Indeed The Ego is one big lie.

However, to undo that programming takes an exceptional Individual, to quote Admiral Mon-Calamari "It's a Trap!!" Not my signature.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join