It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto war memorial defaced in ‘hate crime’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is just vandalism

Would a thread have been made if it was "Christ will return North America to the whiteman" that was written?

Also I strongly think that mods should put the full article title as the thread title as opposed to what it currently is now.

Anyhow, vandalism in BAN?

What was written sucks, but moving on....

link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I'm not 10 years old. That crap doesn't work on me. I don't change my opinions to suit the mood in the room.

link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Do we know who did this?

How do you know it was a Muslim extremist?

Let your bias and the media cause you to jump to be conclusions. Many of these "hate crimes" are usually done by a different group trying to cause friction.

For all we know it could have been some drunk kids like the ones in Ottawa a few years ago.

ETA:

I hope they catch who did this but they should not be tried as terrorists as you mentioned, they should be charged with vandalism and perhaps a hate related crime.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Thats the first thing I thought of actually. It is probably some idiot redneck.
So...ya, conclusions..lets not all jump to em. Good call. May not be, but its rather juvenile and ignorant...and its canada..what the hell do the muslims have against Canada anyhow

link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I agree , it was a fool and not a " terrorist " .

And if I know Toronto , I would bet right now that one of the Toronto Muslem groups offers to clean up the defaced memorial to show their contempt for such an act .
edit on 12-11-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You say the answer is quite obvious without a shred of evidence. I haven't exactly said that it wasn't a Muslim that defaced the monument as it could have been, we just don't know. But you are letting your bias against "Islamics" lead you to unjust conclusions without a proper investigation

100% agreed.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

When in doubt, blame G==v provocateurs. It was the g--v that likely wrote it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

When in doubt, blame G==v provocateurs. It was the g--v that likely wrote it.

I thought we just blame Obama for anything bad, weird, or insulting...

-checks his memos-

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

I'm not 10 years old. That crap doesn't work on me. I don't change my opinions to suit the mood in the room.

What and I am? I try to stay away from sweeping generalizations especially when it comes to people of faith.

One act does not make a jihad.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Do we know who did this?

How do you know it was a Muslim extremist?

Let your bias and the media cause you to jump to be conclusions. Many of these "hate crimes" are usually done by a different group trying to cause friction.

For all we know it could have been some drunk kids like the ones in Ottawa a few years ago.

Hmmm, let me see, how many religious groups refer to God as Allah?

I know you're a renowned Islamic extremist apologist, but give me a break.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would resort to laying the blame on other groups "trying to cause friction".

You could choose to believe whatever you want champ, but I think the answer is quite obvious.

Once again you are jumping to unverified conclusions. I asked a simple question, do we know who did this? The answer is no. I t could have been a Muslim, but there are plenty of people who hoax these kinds of things. By the way I am not a Muslim or an apologist, and please don't act like these things aren't hoaxed all the time because they do.

You say the answer is quite obvious without a shred of evidence. I haven't exactly said that it wasn't a Muslim that defaced the monument as it could have been, we just don't know. But you are letting your bias against "Islamics" lead you to unjust conclusions without a proper investigation.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

You really have no basis to judge me whatsoever, because you don't know me from a hole in the wall.

I have friends and colleagues in Toronto that are moderate Muslims, and they would be just as offended by the aforementioned deplorable act of vandalism, which also happened to threaten the safety of our citizens.

I have no proof as to who the perpetrators are, but I am basing my opinion on common sense.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've done a lot of work for Muslims here in the UK and they are a nice community of people. They have their beliefs and I respect that.

There is always a crazy bunch in any kind of religion/belief system.

Whoever defaced that was an idiot but it could have been anyone and for any reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm referring to the extremists that have no respect for our culture.

When you have people running around in western culture doing the same thing, eg: Burning and urinating on Korans, what else do you expect? You are not the only ones being offended. Not nice when someone disrespects something you care about, is it? Some moron done the same in Sydney not long ago. They went to the monument, sawed the swords from the soldier statue.. but it wasn't a Muslim and Sydney got over it. Deal with it, these things do happen. And again, you calling those thugs extremists is extreme.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just an FYI: the Sun is complete trash, tabloid 'infotainment' that is owned by...wait for it...
Rupert Murdoch.
Fox news in print.
They love stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Was probably done by a zionist to incite hatred
they always do that and they have been caught many times

Oh I know right! man its crazy , Those zionist will do anything , and your right its usually them doing it......

Hey did you see all those crazed zionist that attacked the embasy in egypt and killed that ambasador in bengazi? Those guys were so far out there on the zionist fringe, man they were dedicated to really sticking it to the muslims....

And what about all those crazy zionist in bosnia who went all crazy and blew up that theater full of people, and "claimed" there were "Muslims on jihad" stupid , like we cant see through that......

I just cant believe the amount of zionist that are willing to strap bombs to themselves, and write crazy things just to make people think its muslims......

I hate those guys -end sarcasm........

While I do think its early to jump the gun on who it could be, because yes it could be just someone starting crap.......the statement copied and pasted in the beginning of my reply is just as absurd and delusional to think that most of the outcries from that religion are just zionist.........
edit on 12-11-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

In the 1990s there was a case in the Vancouver area where a Sikh teenage boy claimed he was jumped by a white supremacist group who proceeded to rip his turban off and chop his hair. The response from the public was nothing short of a tidal wave of outrage.

After only a couple of days of the story being released it turned out that the teenager had fabricated the story because he wanted to cut his hair and his parents were very traditional about Sikh customs and had forbidden him from doing so.

Not everything is as it seems and in this case, I want to wait and see if we have a real extremist group now going public or just a bunch of stupid kids getting their rocks off.
edit on 11/12/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Just an FYI: the Sun is complete trash, tabloid 'infotainment' that is owned by...wait for it...
Rupert Murdoch.
Fox news in print.

Well in that case let's wait for RT to pick up the story....

They love stuff like this.

So do they

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Oh I know right! man its crazy , Those zionist will do anything , and your right its usually them doing it......

Hey did you see all those crazed zionist that attacked the embasy in egypt and killed that ambasador in bengazi? Those guys were so far out there on the zionist fringe, man they were dedicated to really sticking it to the muslims....

And what about all those crazy zionist in bosnia who went all crazy and blew up that theater full of people, and "claimed" there were "Muslims on jihad" stupid , like we cant see through that......

I just cant believe the amount of zionist that are willing to strap bombs to themselves do write crazy things just to make people think its muslims......

I hate those guys -end sarcasm........

While I do think its early to jump the gun on who it could be, because yes it could be just someone starting crap.......the statement copied and pasted in the beginning of my reply is just as absurd and delusional to think that most of the outcries from that religion are just zionist.........

I know you meant that to be sarcastic, but you'd be surprised at all the fingers in all the pies of these events we think we know all about..."History is written by the victors" as they say...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Of course it was...

I'm glad you are are outwardly revealing the extent of your bias. It says a lot about your credibility. Then again, you have to keep up your image around here, right?

I have a "fictional" story for you mate !

imagine a Romney supporter
making a hatefull graffiti toward Romney
to make it look like it was an Obama supporter who made it
then people will see it and think it was a Obama supporter
it will give bad publicity to Obama camps on TV and in the news papers

been done before .. trolls always be trolls
they have nasty tactics to acheive their hatred agenda

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

If that is a Canadian extremist group then you may aswell not worry about them. Seriously, its pathetic.... When someone decides to blow up downtown Toronto, then you have a problem and a real reason to worry if they are leaving messages about Allah.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

been done before .. trolls always be trolls they have nasty tactics to acheive their hatred agenda

Like blaming everything on the jews?

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your own statements..........

Seems to be a lack of critical thinking there..........

Most normal people when they hear something like what was written in the OP, would say "yeah that was probably some religious radical muslim, meh whatever"

But no, you cry "zionist" which we all knwo what thats code word for......

If someone writes "Down with the black man, uphold the white race" on a martin luther king memorial, I wonder how many people would say "yeah probably just a black group putting that up there to make the Klan look bad"

Give me a break........these "sidesteps" from common sense and reality just to try and feign some moral superiority or intellectual higher thought, is a bunch of BS.......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War

hey there's even a book about it

<< 1    3  4 >>

join