It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer will you deny the Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

A selfish godless self serving world is cold,

I'll be praying for you,

Seriously, that is so sad to live like that,

I know how you feel,

I used to hate everything and everyone also and just want to live for sex, drugs and money and myself and screw everyone else at any and all costs.

It's cold,

Real cold.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am glad that you have turned your life around. Its sad you had to "find Jesus" before you ever loved your self.

I say that because you seem very narrow minded and while you are a seeker and studying keep an open mind because obviously you haven't gotten to the "good stuff" just yet.

Your perception is not mine. We are all created from the same, yet are different in our own right and light. Each of us will come to God in our own way within our own karmic time.

Your judgements are self serving... and are not from God as I believe he is neither positive or negative. He is the mover in us... and all things. It takes the good, bad, and ugly to make this world go around and learn.

With that said, Good luck on your journey!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Shore began as a Bible skeptic and did not expect to make any of these findings. He says that he does not want to tell anyone what his findings mean but their theological implications are unavoidable.

This reminds me of the movie plot for The Omega Code, 1999. You might want to watch that some time. By using the right Bible manuscript and a 3-D computer algorithm, and following the resulting "truth", a man was able to become the "antichrist" that dispensationalists like to talk about.

This "truth" you mention, is it in the written words, or is it in the Kabbalah code used to "decode" the written words?

Edit to add: After reading the rest of your posts on this thread, I am relieved to see that you are reading rather than decoding.
edit on 13-11-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The plain Truth is in the open for all to see.

If loving your neighbor, loving your Maker, doing to others as you want done to yourself, and following commandments of Love, Self Control and Temperance that lead to eternal life seems evil to a man, than so be it.

As for me and my family, we will serve the LORD all the days of our lives.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So what about the religion and gods existed before Abrahmic faith? and some still do? who is Jesus Christ to them?

There are religion which makes Christianity looks like 5 yrs old child. Now the 5 yr old child is telling its parents that her imaginary friend is the one true god and it died for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes, I'm beginning to suspect that the plain truth is open for all to see.

If loving your neighbor, loving your Maker, doing to others as you want done to yourself, and following commandments of Love, Self Control and Temperance

This I whole heartedly support, with the caveat that the "Maker" part is yet to be determined. Having said that, you may want to make a slight substitution:

Instead of serving the LORD, who commanded much that is not in accord with Love, Self Control, and Temperance, you may want to switch to following the Lord Jesus, who did support Love. Just a suggestion.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Show me a single place in the Old or New Testament where the Lord commands us to do anything but Love, and I will publicly renounce my faith.

With one caveat: it has to apply to people today, not to the very limited and ancient congregation of Israel that YHWH was trying to protect from false idols.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What about theories that existed before todays science?

Does flat earth theory overturn modern science?

Humanity learns and evolves with age.

God reveals Himself when the time is right.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

One more addition:

If you're following Jesus Christ, you are automatically following YHWH whether you realize it or not.

I mean, we all have to follow YHWH, it's not really a choice, but whether you acknowledge Him or not is your free will.

Jesus Christ is the author of True Faith, we as humans are to follow Him.

Judgement, wrath, fury, vengeance and anger are very much aspects of God also though, but those are left up to God to carry out and execute, it is not our job as humans to exercise those characteristics, although fallen and wicked men carry these things out on a daily basis, which is why we need the Overseer, the Just Judge

AV Dt 32:39 . See now that I, [even] I, [am] he, and [there is] no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither [is there any] that can deliver out of my hand.

AV Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Omnipresent and Sovereign are two of Gods characteristics

Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Righteous, Holy, are some other characteristics of Him....

But what is a all-Righteous and Truly Just God to do with a creation that is unrighteous and unjust?

He must become wrathful and punish unrighteousness,

If we emptied our prisons of murderers and thieves the public would be in an outrage,

If God emptied His prison (Hades) of its inhabitants, the world would be chaos.

The inhabitants of Hades, the Adversary, all wickedness and the concept of death itself will perish at the final judgement though,

after God wipes clean the downfalls of the first creation,

He will create anew, a new Universe and a new World, The new Heavens and the New Earth....

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure

Revelation 20:13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

Rev 21: 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by chr0naut

Thank you sir,

I apologize if I misrepresented any facts, I am not looking to deceive or spread my false notions or ideologies, I am simply a truth seeker and believe everybody should know the reality of our existence to the best of our abilities

I was not suggesting that you were being deceptive in any way, merely that it was prudent to double check any such potentially contentious statements.

I can report back to you that I have been able to confirm:

- There are only five colors directly spoken of in the Bible.
- Professor Haim Shore is who they say he is and is qualified to perform these statistical analyses.
- His method of finding correlation is statistically valid.
- He did establish a statistical correlation between the gematria of the color words written in the bible and the central agreed frequency of light of that color.

A .pdf of some of his other equally amazing statistical findings is freely available here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Judgement, wrath, fury, vengeance and anger are very much aspects of God also though, but those are left up to God to carry out and execute, it is not our job as humans to exercise those characteristics, although fallen and wicked men carry these things out on a daily basis, which is why we need the Overseer, the Just Judge

Here's a true story: I was responding to your previous post. I filled my whole allotted 5500 characters, even had to go back and delete a few characters in order to fit the punch line in. It answered everything, a marvel to behold!

But, when I hit the [reply] button, the page went to the logged out screen. If this has ever happened to you, then you know that you can't just hit the [back] button and save all the work. It's gone! All gone!

Hint: It had to do with the whole chapter of Deut 13. You can read it yourself. But Oh! The rhetorical questions that I wrote! Gone, All Gone!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Four words:

Divine Intervention of God

On a more serious note, remember my caveat: It has to apply to all followers of Christ, not just ancient Israel. I will check out the noted chapter though

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Show me a single place in the Old or New Testament where the Lord commands us to do anything but Love, and I will publicly renounce my faith.

I would not suggest you renouce your Faith...

Perhaps you might want to redirect your studies though?

I would however definatly say, if you believe this is the word of God.... Then you truely need to study a little harder.

The OT God is NOT the same God as the Father of Creation Jesus spoke of.... No possible way...

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

Lots more where that came from....

To be certian.... the OT God is the epitome of Love....

Lets not forget Jealousy, Rage, Wrath, Envy... And all the other nasty things that Love stands for...

:shk:
edit on 13-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Deut 13 is all about God protecting ancient Israel from following after false gods.

When men follow false gods, they are following demons

AV 1C 10:20 But I [say], that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

AV Lv 17:7 And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations.

AV Dt 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new [gods that] came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

God had to protect the ancient Israelites from all false influence, He was establishing His Mighty Name in the land and was setting apart a people for Himself.

If you have a daughter whom you love, and she brings home a smoking, drinking, foul mouthed jerk who wants to have sex with her and leave her, are you going to let her go out with him, or are you going to put your foot down and tell the bad influence to depart from your beloved daughter?

Same principal here with God protecting His People Israel.

Any law you can find in the Torah telling people to stone people only applied to the People of Israel ca 1450 - ~1200 B.C., after this time period God started supplementing His Laws.

Laws change over time as the needs of people change and must be met.

AV Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

AV Ga 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

AV Hb 7:11 . If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need [was there] that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

AV Hb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

AV Hb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

AV Hb 7:14 For [it is] evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

AV Hb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

AV Hb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

AV Hb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

AV Hb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

AV Hb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope [did]; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

AV Hb 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, [maketh] the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

AV Hb 10:1 . For the law having a shadow of good things to come, [and] not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

AV Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

misinterpreting scriptures, lacking understanding of correct Christian doctrine, and casting judgement on God does not prove your views correct.

Read my above post

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I cast judgement on a false God...

How can those passaged be "misinturpreted"?

They are clear as day... Perhaps you might explain....

And im not interested in your previous post.......... Posting endless passages cherry picked from various books does nothing for me...

And proves/shows absolutely nothing either....

edit on 13-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Precisely,

The Truth is not in you so you have no desire to learn it.

My post above explains everything perfectly,

Righteous Judgement is Just.

End of story.

You are not God, no matter how many Gnostic texts you read and how puffed up your views of yourself are,

you are not the judge, He is.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Perhaps Intervention was appropriate for the moment. I notice that Akragon started his post with:

I would not suggest you renouce your Faith...
which I failed to include in mine.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Here we go...

SO... tell me exactly how killing women and children is just...

You judge me before you know me... quite the typical Christian my friend...

So please explain

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You explain to God why you judged Him and disbelieved in Him when you meet Him

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join